Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
(04-28-2018, 10:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Any chance they take Luke Falk or Kyle Lauletta if they’re still there?

I think the Bengals held a private workout with Lauletta but not Falk.  So if they go with a QB I'm guessing Lauletta would be more likely.  Well, unless his workout was terrible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:50 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think the Bengals held a private workout with Lauletta but not Falk.  So if they go with a QB I'm guessing Lauletta would be the pick.  Well, unless his workout was terrible.

Hes not a deep baller, but I think he is pretty sound.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 10:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What was the story with Falk?  I don't watch a lot of West Coast college games, unless they are on a primetime matchup.  I seem to remember him being a big name back in 2016.  Did he have a serious drop off, injury?

Anyone know more about Falk?  Anyone?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals have made hay On day 3 in the recent past. I say let’s make more hay than all the farm animals in the world could eat!! Who’s with me??!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone know more about Falk?  Anyone?

Here's a quick write up. 

11) Luke Falk | 6'4 | 215 | QB | Washington State - Falk has gobs of experience and has thrown for a ton of yards since first seeing time as a Freshman. He seems be a smart, well-spoken kid with a good head on his shoulders as well. What bothers me about Falk is how inconsistent and unreliable he is overall. He struggled mightily against Boise State and was yanked from the game. He then played quite well against USC despite throwing an INT. He then went on to play a disastrous game against Cal, one where he threw five INTs and showed zero game management skills. While he's deserving of a Day 3 pick based on his snap count, he's a project at best right now. He's taken well over 100 hits throughout his college career, something to be mindful of.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone know more about Falk?  Anyone?

From New York Post:

Luke Falk: Running Mike Leach’s air raid offense after walking on at Washington State, Falk has a quick release that allowed him to complete 68.3 percent of his passes for 14,481 yards and 119 touchdowns to 39 interceptions during his college career. His stock may have dropped with a less-than-stellar senior year, in which he was benched at times, but perhaps the Patriots can bring back what made him stand out in the first place. Plus Falk’s idol is Brady and he’s reportedly already dabbled in the TB12 method.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:56 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Here's a quick write up. 

11) Luke Falk | 6'4 | 215 | QB | Washington State - Falk has gobs of experience and has thrown for a ton of yards since first seeing time as a Freshman. He seems be a smart, well-spoken kid with a good head on his shoulders as well. What bothers me about Falk is how inconsistent and unreliable he is overall. He struggled mightily against Boise State and was yanked from the game. He then played quite well against USC despite throwing an INT. He then went on to play a disastrous game against Cal, one where he threw five INTs and showed zero game management skills. While he's deserving of a Day 3 pick based on his snap count, he's a project at best right now. He's taken well over 100 hits throughout his college career, something to be mindful of.

Oy!  That's a lot of hot and cold.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oy!  That's a lot of hot and cold.

Sounds familiar...

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oy!  That's a lot of hot and cold.

Yeah. I don’t think he would be a good fit here.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah. I don’t think he would be a good fit here.

Interesting looking at the evaluations as I heard experts say he is one if not the most accurate passer in the draft and ideal for a West Coast type offense.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Interesting looking at the evaluations as I heard experts say he is one if not the most accurate passer in the draft and ideal fr a West Coast type offense.

May be but his last year was not real impressive. Maybe mechanics or personal issue, who knows?

Reply/Quote
I’d take fall or lauletta with a late 5th, but they’ll be gone before then.

Call me crazy but I want a kicker in the 5th. I know the kid out of auburn is the most talked about but I actually like the piniero kid out of Florida. 77 yard field goal in practice? Sign me up!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:11 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’d take fall or lauletta with a late 5th, but they’ll be gone before then.

Call me crazy but I want a kicker in the 5th. I know the kid out of auburn is the most talked about but I actually like the piniero kid out of Florida. 77 yard field goal in practice? Sign me up!

You’re crazy. Please not another kicker this year.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re crazy. Please not another kicker this year.

Why? How about take one and don’t cut him?

We could use an upgrade from fat randy.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:11 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’d take fall or lauletta with a late 5th, but they’ll be gone before then.

I know your serious and it’s scary. But you would think we’ve learned our lesson already. What’s scary is you never know?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:17 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Why? How about take one and don’t cut him?

We could use an upgrade from fat randy.

Maybe so, but in the 5th?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Maybe so, but in the 5th?

Not having a 6th this year I’m just not sure you get the one you want in late 7th. Having 3 5ths is a luxury so I think you can use the latest 5th on it and feel ok about it. In the end you should be adding another starter, potentially starting for many years.

That being said, if there is someone sitting there that you just cannot pass up then maybe you take your chances and wait.

Reply/Quote
I really hate that the Steelers got Mason Rudolph. Great value there and a perfect fit, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:23 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Not having a 6th this year I’m just not sure you get the one you want in late 7th. Having 3 5ths is a luxury so I think you can use the latest 5th on it and feel ok about it. In the end you should be adding another starter, potentially starting for many years.

That being said, if there is someone sitting there that you just cannot pass up then maybe you take your chances and wait.

I would say I don’t think it’s as high of a priority as you believe, but if I did, ever time fat Randy shanked one this year, you would be sure to remind me of that post and possibly put as your sig. I just can’t handle that kinda pressure. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would say I don’t think it’s as high of a priority as you believe, but if I did, ever time fat Randy shanked one this year, you would be sure to remind me of that post and possibly put as your sig. I just can’t handle that kinda pressure. Hilarious

Nah I won’t hold anything against you......very often.

Reply/Quote