Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
(04-28-2018, 01:42 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I agree. Another injured undersized player the Bengals don't need.

Agree. Pretty sure every position would have been mentioned other than RB if asked where we need help/Depth. This draft is actually pretty bad. Players that could really help this team immediately are there but we opt to draft 4/5 string backup RB coming off freakin ankle surgery. We are 1 injury away from having the same line as last year, maybe even worse.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:19 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Glad you finally like one of the picks!

I liked Hubbard and Jefferson too. I like more picks than I dislike.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chewie looked confused.
Reply/Quote
Damn R2D2 just made the 49ers pick that was the coolest one yet lol

Reply/Quote
That R3PO bit was painful.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He may be the BPA, but we do not need another running back.

Really? Who do we have behind Gio and Mixon? The Rev aint coming back. After that.....nobody. Good pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:23 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: That R3PO bit was painful.

It was awesome

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: Really? Who do we have behind Gio and Mixon? The Rev aint coming back. After that.....nobody. Good pick.

Brian Hill, any RB in the 7th and UFA
Reply/Quote
Time for the OT's to start coming off the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Agree. Pretty sure every position would have been mentioned other than RB if asked where we need help/Depth. This draft is actually pretty bad. Players that could really help this team immediately are there but we opt to draft 4/5 string backup RB coming off freakin ankle surgery. We are 1 injury away from having the same line as last year, maybe even worse.

We got two O lineman from that number 12 pick, remember?  Cordy Glenn in the trade, and Billy Price yesterday.  So I don't think we're one injury away from having the same O line as last year.  Plus Bodine is gone and he's not coming back (Hallelujah) and that's addition by subtraction.
Reply/Quote
R3PO? Are ya boozin' already?
Reply/Quote
Slim pickings at OT now. We may not take one.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Mike Brown’s secret plan: Draft player whose friends and family are within driving distance for home games. Built in attendance and revenue.

????

MB seemed to have forgot OSU had great players the past 30 years
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:25 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We got two O lineman from that number 12 pick, remember?  Cordy Glenn in the trade, and Billy Price yesterday.  So I don't think we're one injury away from having the same O line as last year.  Plus Bodine is gone and he's not coming back (Hallelujah) and that's addition by subtraction.

Hart is in the mix as well.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:26 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: R3PO? Are ya boozin' already?

Been boozing since 10:31 central time.

Reply/Quote
Bengals will pick up a tackle or guard from a cap casualty somewhere...you can bank on it...it's what they do...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ????

MB seemed to have forgot OSU had great players the past 30 years

It’s crazy how infrequently we’ve take Buckeyes

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Slim pickings at OT now. We may not take one.

Jemarco Jones will be a bengal. Maybe

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:25 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We got two O lineman from that number 12 pick, remember?  Cordy Glenn in the trade, and Billy Price yesterday.  So I don't think we're one injury away from having the same O line as last year.  Plus Bodine is gone and he's not coming back (Hallelujah) and that's addition by subtraction.

Sure we are, we lost, we let's just say Bodine is gone and Smith. We are putting too much faith in the guys we have now. I just think OL made too much sense to take a RB. After last year not sure how anyone can argue that.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Won’t argue that there were bigger needs out there but you guys are going to like Walton.

I like his scouting report, fwiw. Just wondering how he'll get touches, because you know Mixon and Gio will get theirs.

(04-28-2018, 02:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: We don’t but I’m not so sure new orleams knew exactly what they had either. All I’m saying is the guy has all the tools in the toolbox. And I still think they will address the Oline with a solid player in the 5th.

Hope you're right. I don't know if any guys are available that can truly compete for the job though.

(04-28-2018, 02:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: Really? Who do we have behind Gio and Mixon? The Rev aint coming back. After that.....nobody. Good pick.

I'm trying to keep an open mind somewhat, and maybe he'll be a great impact player. 

That said, I think what people are saying is that there are bigger needs than 3rd string RB/ST guy.

Seems like a luxury, not something for a team coming off consecutive losing years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote