Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Howard coming to Cincinnati-came and went-no contract
I like this move & hope it leads to a nice competition between Howard and Hurst for playing time. I wonder if we'll get some Joey B and double TE formations?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I could be remembering it wrong, but i thought Howard was still out there quite a while after FA started. I was thinking they could have brought him in anytime then but didn't. 

Of course, he would know he's behind Hurst and maybe holding out for a better situation.

Or i'm just remembering it wrong. 

Howard actually signed the day before Hurst

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I like this move & hope it leads to a nice competition between Howard and Hurst for playing time. I wonder if we'll get some Joey B and double TE formations?

there is no competiton with hurst and howard. Hurst has the starting gig locked up.

Howard will compete with sample for te2
Reply/Quote
Cleveland was linked with Howard so i imagine hes driving up I 71 right now

howard would have bee a much better choice.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: there is no competiton with hurst and howard. Hurst has the starting gig locked up.

Not anymore. Looks like Devin Asiasi will take the TE spot over OJ Howard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:08 PM)Stewy Wrote: This is not bait, but I am just genuinely confused by all of the excitement.  

Similarly to the Bengals, the Bills have done an about face for their organization, so their move in releasing him AND eating 3 mil+ should have us all wondering - WTH happened, yet I see post after post of (paraphrasing) "woohoo" and "awesome" and "let's sign him" etc.

Doesn't this send up some serious red flags?  I'm not excited at all by this.  I want to know what everyone is seeing, that Buffalo did not.

Explanations would be appreciated.

Well I watched OJ Howard this Preseason with the Bills and he played decent so I was surprised when they cut him.

But hey, a lot of people could be right about Howard and he is washed up and lost his quicks.

Guess we added Asiasi instead of Howard who I know nothing about, familiar name is all I got.

(08-31-2022, 02:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: young Howard maybe. OJ lost a step in the quicks department. But the bengals absolutely improved their TE 2 imo. Sample is now TE 3

we shall see though. Howard has to get acclumated to the playbook first

Probably right, but it sounds like Howard isn't signing with us and we took this guy Asiasi over him.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Not anymore. Looks like Devin Asiasi will take the TE spot over OJ Howard.

link me
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: link me

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably right, but it sounds like Howard isn't signing with us and we took this guy Asiasi over him.

still an upgrade at TE 2 once he figures out the playbook
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: still an upgrade at TE 2 once he figures out the playbook

Yes, sounds like Asiasi is pretty good, maybe better than Howard as the Patriots wanted him back.

Nice pounce sounds like.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:24 PM)pally Wrote:  

So Asiasi over Howard

No nothing about Asiasi so.......
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: there is no competiton with hurst and howard. Hurst has the starting gig locked up.

Yup, he was signed for TE2 on the depth chart but if he still has the first round talent perhaps there is an eventual window to push and compete with Hurst for snaps. 

EDIT: Or not with the Assai news haha
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So Asiasi over Howard

No nothing about Asiasi so.......

Yes, need more info on Asiasi...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, need more info on Asiasi...

NFL career consists of 2 completions for 39 yds. I'm not excited.... would rather have had Howard.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, need more info on Asiasi...

6' 3"   279lbs

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: NFL career consists of 2 completions for 39 yds. I'm not excited.... would rather have had Howard.

Sad

(08-31-2022, 02:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 6' 3"   279lbs

Big dude, seems really overweight for a TE.
Reply/Quote

(08-31-2022, 02:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: NFL career consists of 2 completions for 39 yds. I'm not excited.... would rather have had Howard.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sad

lol. I saw that's what he's listed at on PFF. I think he was that big in college but he's trimmed down in the NFL. Prob more like 260ish. 

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sad

(08-31-2022, 02:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. I saw that's what he's listed at on PFF. I think he was that big in college but he's trimmed down in the NFL. Prob more like 260ish. 

Actually his draft profile has him at 257 and lists a weakness as:
He needs to work on eliminating bad weight 
Fluctuating weight in-season needs to be monitored

Devin Asiasi Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. I saw that's what he's listed at on PFF. I think he was that big in college but he's trimmed down in the NFL. Prob more like 260ish. 

Cool, I see he played at UCLA, now I recognize the name.

(08-31-2022, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually his draft profile has him at 257 and lists a weakness as:
He needs to work on eliminating bad weight 
Fluctuating weight in-season needs to be monitored

Devin Asiasi Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

We must of liked something about him to take him over OJ Howard who is talented.
Reply/Quote