Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG-Total classless Steelers
The player who did the fake CPR was Steelers Art Rooney Sportsmanship award winner Alex Highsmith

Quote:Highsmith said he didn’t make the connection until after the game when he saw that video of his celebration had gone viral.

“I just don’t want people to think of me that way and think I was doing anything [intentional],” Highsmith said, via Brian Batko of the Post-Gazette. “Because I would never, ever, ever, ever want to do that intentionally, and I never, ever would do that.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:33 PM)pally Wrote: The player who did the fake CPR was Steelers Art Rooney Sportsmanship award winner Alex Highsmith

I saw it lived and cringed. Had to rewind to make sure I saw what I saw. Surprised that it was Highsmith. I didn't get a clear view...I thought it was rookie Mark Robinson. 

It is a common celebration amongst many teams across many sports, but no excuse for that. It was in completely poor taste and given that it's Highsmith out of character. My guess is a complete lack of awareness. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 05:21 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Tomlin doesn't care, and probably lied about his relationship with Hamlin.

Not at all. Hamlin is a McKees Rocks native (10 min fr Heinz) and a Pitt alum. Im sure that he knows DH as well as Pickett and the rest of the Panthers. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:02 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: My guess is a complete lack of awareness. 

From someone who ***** hates the Steelers more than the next guy, I think this as well. I just don’t see there being a chance he had the Hamlin incident in mind whatsoever when he did it.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:03 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Not at all. Hamlin is a McKees Rocks native (10 min fr Heinz) and a Pitt alum. Im sure that he knows DH as well as Pickett and the rest of the Panthers. 

Nope.  Tomlin lied, per usual to gain sympathy and headlines.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 03:44 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Nope.  Tomlin lied, per usual to gain sympathy and headlines.

Yeah you're probably right Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must assume you're talking about me; as dude you quoted was quoting me. If you bothered to look back through the posts instead of just piling on you'd clearly see where I stated the more I watched it the less it looked like someone trying to restart the heart. My reply was IRT my initial view of the celebration.

That was quickly followed by a number of medical experts who stated that was nothing like CPR and I was "trolling, bfredding, ignorant...." I then shared a first-hand account from David Moulton who stated the most lasting image he had was the first guy on the scene pounding Hamlin's chest as hard as he could and the sorrow and exhaustion he saw in the 1st responders' eyes.

So the problem around here is not admitting when one is wrong. It's when folks just join the circus because the like the clowns

I wasn't trying to pile on, i just didn't think, from my knowledge of CPR and my wife's response, that was something that would have been done in those circumstances. 

I did go find some interviews/podcasts with Moulton when you cited him and i think the entire "issue" was that you may have misunderstood him. I saw him speak of how hard the first guy worked and i saw how he spoke about the look on his face, but i never saw anything that led me to believe he did the PT. 

That's not an additional pile on of you. I just think you may have misunderstood what he was saying and gave your opinion...which lead to all the rest. I also don't think it was something that needed to grow to what it did, so for me it's no harm no foul. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote