Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU fans?? Where art thou?
(12-03-2017, 05:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A close loss to Syracuse isn’t any better.  I think you are a little jaded against OSU because you are exposed to Cleveland fans of the Buckeyes. LOL

And then, to add insult to injury, the Iowa LB makes this post...

[Image: 15032713_1073482339417519_16685457128217...e=5AD1BF36]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 05:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And then, to add insult to injury, the Iowa LB makes this post...

[Image: 15032713_1073482339417519_16685457128217...e=5AD1BF36]

I hope the kids in that hospital can't see this  OMG
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 05:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A close loss to Syracuse isn’t any better.  I think you are a little jaded against OSU because you are exposed to Cleveland fans of the Buckeyes. LOL

Syracuse loss was bad no doubt but it was only one loss as opposed to two.  And the 2 buckeyes losses were insanely bad....completely outmatched most of the game.  I think the committee wouldve looked a little harder at osu if they lost on a last second FG to iowa

No doubt about cleveland bucks fans.  They are obnoxious up here Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 05:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps.  Or, maybe they recognize the fact that a 2 loss Urban Meyer coached team can still knock off anyone, on any day.  See the BCS title game a few years back, where a 2 loss Fla. kicked the living shit out of a seemingly invincible Jim Tressell coached Buckeye team 41-14.

Thats not much of an argument for the bucks to get in considering you can say that about any team in the top ten.  Im honestly surprised the bucks didnt get in.  I thought for sure they were in based on how the powers that be seem to give osu the benefit of the doubt in these situations.  If it were any other team than alabama, osu wouldve been in.  

Not that this should have any bearing on this year but perhaps the people were remembering last year's stink fest against clemson
Reply/Quote
I believe from here on out if the BIG 10 champ isn't ranked one, two, or three they will be left out unless the next best team isn't anywhere close to the BIG 10 champ. And the only chance they have of being ranked that high is if they are undefeated. Outside of 2014 the BIG 10 has been atrocious in the playoffs and even though they are supposed to only look at the current season history does play a part in people's opinion, otherwise the periods wouldn't have made it in this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 05:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Agreed.  Ohio State faced better talent then Alabama and deserved it over Alabama, but they were not going to beat either Oklahoma or Clemson had they been selected instead.

No, the last two seasons prove that there is no real point to having a playoff when the participants are still selected by a panel of people.  It is the same problem that plagued the BCS system.  The rankings are subjective, and that is how the participants are selected.  They are not determined by record alone, or by conference champ alone.  It is subject to someone saying "I think X is better than Y" and making an argument for it.   You can expand the playoff to include all ranked teams, but you will still hear "X should have been ranked over Y".
People complained about the BCS because there wasn't enough of a human factor which is why they chose to use a commitee for the playoffs instead of retaining the BCS.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 05:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps.  Or, maybe they recognize the fact that a 2 loss Urban Meyer coached team can still knock off anyone, on any day.  See the BCS title game a few years back, where a 2 loss Fla. kicked the living shit out of a seemingly invincible Jim Tressell coached Buckeye team 41-14.

Florida had one loss that year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
OH
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 07:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: OH

IO!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: IO!

Game time is getting close.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 08:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Game time is getting close.

And what a perfect night it is.  Wife is out of town to visit the in-laws, i got a ton of honey-do shit done around the house, it's time to get tore up and watch my team!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 08:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And what a perfect night it is.  Wife is out of town to visit the in-laws, i got a ton of honey-do shit done around the house, it's time to get tore up and watch my team!

Yeee Haaaa,

I cooked a big pot of chili today, getting ready to cover some chips with it and cheese and make me a 7/seven !

Lets go
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 08:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yeee Haaaa,

I cooked a big pot of chili today, getting ready to cover some chips with it and cheese and make me a 7/seven !

Lets go

Heck yeah!  Though I worked hard most of the day, so I'll have chips and salsa, and bake a Digiorno at halftime, to go along with copious amounts of Gin and Diet Tonic.  (gotta watch that sugar intake, lol)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
7-0 early. Just the way I like it!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 10:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: 7-0 early.  Just the way I like it!

Quiet you, might bring bad juju or karma, or whatever..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Lol the announcers start talking up Price he proceeds to get lost pulling to the right then gives up a sack.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
That ball was snapped well before he asked to challenge the previous play.
Reply/Quote
I thought either Dobbins or Weber would have broken a good gain on the ground by now...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 11:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I thought either Dobbins or Weber would have broken a good gain on the ground by now...

It's coming
Reply/Quote
First time I've seen Darnold other than highlights. Not sure I'm all that impressed so far ?

And a pick six seconds later
Reply/Quote