Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Game Strategy vs. Buffalo
I say we go old school and run the ball down their throats until they can prove they can stop us.   I say this b/c the Bills' run defense is horrendous with a 49.2 PFF-Grade. A VERY POOR tackling team; with a PFF grade of an abysmal 32.7, they're terrible at defending the run. As a matter of fact, the BUFFALO BILLS are the VERY WORST tackling team in the entire league.  This is their Achilles' heel, and I say we exploit it with our backfield.

I feel we have a 3 headed monster at RB with Mixon, Perine, and Williams. I do wish Trayveon Williams would get more carries b/c this guy is a beast.  I say rush, rush, and run the ball some more until these 3-RBs legs fall off. If nothing else, you're throwing body blows into a good pass-rush/ coverage defense.  

Once they load the box, and they will, we have them on the ropes--then we let our passing game prevail.  

See the link below.
https://premium.pff.com/nfl/teams/2022/REGPO

Tiger
Reply/Quote
Only people with premium PFF can see what you are linking to

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 03:12 AM)pally Wrote: Only people with premium PFF can see what you are linking to

I posted that as a reference point.  The numbers I posted are 100% accurate regarding the Bills' defense.   The Bills' find their pass defense and pass rush/ coverage at # 5 in the NFL, with respectable grades of 79 and 77.9.

Who Dey

orts

orts
Reply/Quote
We are a passing team, so that is what we are going to do. Cleveland was horrible against the run as well, but we still threw way more against them than we ran. We also are terrible at running the ball, so no guarantee it would work all that well. I'd put my trust in Joes arm to win.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 03:17 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I posted that as a reference point.  The numbers I posted are 100% accurate regarding the Bills' defense.   The Bills' find their pass defense and pass rush/ coverage at # 5 in the NFL, with respectable grades of 79 and 77.9.

Who Dey

orts

orts

Let's save the run strategy for the playoffs, catching them with their pants down!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 03:17 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I posted that as a reference point.  The numbers I posted are 100% accurate regarding the Bills' defense.   The Bills' find their pass defense and pass rush/ coverage at # 5 in the NFL, with respectable grades of 79 and 77.9.

Who Dey

o
orts

We've been pretty terrible at running against the bad rushing defenses we've played and pretty good against good rushing defenses. 

Also, I get the PFF grades but Buffalo only gives up 104 yards a game rushing which is 4th best in the league. Their 4.3ypc average is also only .1 behind us, good for 11th in the league.

PFF is just one subjective measuring tool but other stats indicate they're not as bad as you claim.
Reply/Quote
A week after losing our best run blocker, I doubt ZT goes run heavy. I mean, I'd love to be wrong, but Taylor throws on 1st and goal from the 2. We threw it almost 60 times with a 22-0 halftime lead vs a team whose DE combo have the most combined sacks in the league. In short, he is overly pass happy.

And,,poor tackling can come into play on receivers, too. Miss a tackle on Chase and.......
Reply/Quote
The stats I like to look at are yards per rush average and yards per completion average. Rushing we are 8th and they are 10th so they are pretty good against the run. Yards per pass completion we aren’t very good at #26 and they are 8th. But…. Cincinnati is first in allowing the lowest completion %. Buffalo 11.

I’m not so sure either team has a glaring weakness to exploit. What it’s going to boil down to is whose QB plays best and the turnovers.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 10:21 AM)Garrus Wrote: We are a passing team, so that is what we are going to do. Cleveland was horrible against the run as well, but we still threw way more against them than we ran. We also are terrible at running the ball, so no guarantee it would work all that well. I'd put my trust in Joes arm to win.

I agree. Cincinnati is not a good rushing team and is an elite passing team. I am not going into a heavyweight match up against one of the best teams in the entire league and saying "yeah, I'm going run run RUN the ball today." with the kind of team Cincinnati has. We'll walk out of there 11-5.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 02:58 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I say we go old school and run the ball down their throats until they can prove they can stop us.   I say this b/c the Bills' run defense is horrendous with a 49.2 PFF-Grade. A VERY POOR tackling team; with a PFF grade of an abysmal 32.7, they're terrible at defending the run. As a matter of fact, the BUFFALO BILLS are the VERY WORST tackling team in the entire league.  This is their Achilles' heel, and I say we exploit it with our backfield.

I feel we have a 3 headed monster at RB with Mixon, Perine, and Williams. I do wish Trayveon Williams would get more carries b/c this guy is a beast.  I say rush, rush, and run the ball some more until these 3-RBs legs fall off. If nothing else, you're throwing body blows into a good pass-rush/ coverage defense.  

Once they load the box, and they will, we have them on the ropes--then we let our passing game prevail.  

See the link below.

Tiger

Considering your takes the past 2 weeks and now this week, the team should do the OPPOSITE from what you're suggesting...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe doesn't do heavy run and especially don't see it happening with Collins out.

See this boiling down to Burrow and Josh bringing in the New Year by going Mano e Mano in a slugfest.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
That'd be a no from me dawg.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Most teams are going to play a soft zone and deep safeties. So most teams have decided to die a slow death. Once we proved we could beat that and ran the ball better we struggled. The key to this offense is the run game. If it’s decent we are tough to defend.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:34 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Most teams are going to play a soft zone and deep safeties. So most teams have decided to die a slow death. Once we proved we could beat that and ran the ball better we struggled. The key to this offense is the run game. If it’s decent we are tough to defend.

The key to this offense has always been and will be the playing of Burrow and the receivers. The Bengals have sparsely been successful running the ball this year and are still a a top five-ish offense in the league. Burrow has a higher passer rating when the run game isn't working well than vice versa because he is able to carry it alone. 

Whether the run game works or not, Cincinnati is a really tough team to defend. 
Reply/Quote
Build a 3 score lead with lightning strike plays to the WRs, then revert to Marvin ball and play kill the clock for the remaining 52:30 of the game.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Considering your takes the past 2 weeks and now this week, the team should do the OPPOSITE from what you're suggesting...

What you don't think the defense should move to a 3-4 base defense because of the injury to 1 player?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'll pass on PFF grades to build the plan when reality is saying something different.

Normal NFL stats say the Bills are the 4th ranked rushing defense (12th in rushing YPC).
Meanwhile the Bengals are the 26th rushing offense (28th in rushing YPC).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 02:58 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I say we go old school and run the ball down their throats until they can prove they can stop us.   I say this b/c the Bills' run defense is horrendous with a 49.2 PFF-Grade. A VERY POOR tackling team; with a PFF grade of an abysmal 32.7, they're terrible at defending the run. As a matter of fact, the BUFFALO BILLS are the VERY WORST tackling team in the entire league.  This is their Achilles' heel, and I say we exploit it with our backfield.

See the link below.

Tiger

They're still fourth in the league with allowing just 104 ypg. Cinci. will do just as they've done during this streak. They'll throw short on early downs as the pass acts just like a run, they'll still still also pick and choose when to run on early downs and they'll still take their shots downfield.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:39 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The key to this offense has always been and will be the playing of Burrow and the receivers. The Bengals have sparsely been successful running the ball this year and are still a a top five-ish offense in the league. Burrow has a higher passer rating when the run game isn't working well than vice versa because he is able to carry it alone. 

Whether the run game works or not, Cincinnati is a really tough team to defend. 

I’m gonna have to disagree.Oh we are a pass first team I know. But we ran the ball well versus KC,Titans, and Browns and several teams. But I think the offense is better when they can have some success in the run game. When teams play a rush 3 and drop 8 a lot and play deep safeties you have to be able to run the ball.

Reply/Quote
They should keep doing what they've been doing. Flipping the ball to a RB past the LoS or in the flat after a play action. Then mixing in a few runs here and there, is still the best substitute for a running game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote