Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Offensive Line Getting Better
(10-10-2022, 02:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Not sure I would take him over Volson who continues to get better every single week.

(10-10-2022, 02:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That is actually an excellent observation. I haven’t noticed Cordell Volson which means he’s doing his job.

Yes, we got a good one in Cordell Volson, great pick. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Not sure I would take him over Volson who continues to get better every single week.

Cordell is a better guard than Collins is a tackle, no doubt

But Collins as a Guard should be better than Volson as a guard

Because Prince at RT makes more sense than Collins at this point
Reply/Quote
Bengals are tied to Collins for 2 more seasons, you better get your money's worth and put him next to Jonah.

Volson's a 4th roound rookie. It's no big deal for that guy to be a back up
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: But Collins as a Guard should be better than Volson as a guard

I am really curious as to your evidence to that? Collins can barely move and you need to be able to move and pull as a guard, as well as get up on linebackers more so than tackle. I just don’t see the evidence to support this point.
Reply/Quote
They need to sit Collins until his back is better. Put in Prince and roll.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just as the line is starting to gel together let's switch tackles and guards. Brilliant!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I am really curious as to your evidence to that? Collins can barely move and you need to be able to move and pull as a guard, as well as get up on linebackers more so than tackle. I just don’t see the evidence to support this point.

Guard is where the less athletic linemen go to play. Collins lost his athleticism

still more athletic than volson

You cant really possibly think that Collins would make a worse guard than a tackle, no? Collins was always great when he was playing guard in Dallas.

I like Volson, but you cant let 3 years 30 million dollars be a liability at RT. You also cant have him ride the bench

Volson backing up Collins at LG makes the most sense.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just as the line is starting to gel together let's switch tackles and guards. Brilliant!

switch tackles and guards? Im just saying move Collins to LG. Prince to RT isnt switching a guard to a tackle...

and dont be passive aggressive. Quote me
Reply/Quote
How many times you gonna pitch this terrible idea Frank? Collins isn't playing well but I don't think the answer is shuffling up the OL right as they have a 3 week stretch of only allowing 5 sacks and finally get the running game going.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: switch tackles and guards? Im just saying move Collins to LG. Prince to RT isnt switching a guard to a tackle...

Moving a tackle to guard and introducing a new tackle to the line is exactly what you said.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Guard is where the less athletic linemen go to play. Collins lost his athleticism

You cant really possibly think that Collins would make a worse guard than a tackle, no? Collins was always great when he was playing guard in Dallas.

I like Volson, but you cant let 3 years 30 million dollars be a liability at RT. You also cant have him ride the bench

I wholeheartedly disagree. You may think he will be a better guard than tackle, but he hasn’t shown me anything to make me think he will do better than Volson. And really at this point in their careers the trajectories make the switch even more ludicrous. Volson is only getting better, and Collins is not going to improve at this point in his career.

I don’t care how much money you invested in someone, you play the best ones out there and Collins would not be our best guard or even 2nd best guard. Not from what we’ve seen this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: They need to sit Collins until his back is better. Put in Prince and roll.

Might be the way to go if La'el's back isn't 100% which it clearly looks like it is not.

(10-10-2022, 02:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just as the line is starting to gel together let's switch tackles and guards. Brilliant!

Yeah, not the time to be switching positions on the OL. If La'el's back is hurting him though, it might be a good move
to put in Prince and that is something I say with a big question mark?

(10-10-2022, 02:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: switch tackles and guards? Im just saying move Collins to LG. Prince to RT isnt switching a guard to a tackle...

Has La'el even played LG before?

Cordell is not the problem at LG, La'el is the problem at RT. I say no to this thought. Let the OL gel as is or let La'el
heal while Prince starts at RT for a game or two.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Moving a tackle to guard and introducing a new tackle to the line is exactly what you said.

Collins has played LG plenty of times in his career, and he was always great at LG. Makes more sense now that he's lost a bit of his athleticism

(10-10-2022, 02:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I wholeheartedly disagree. You may think he will be a better guard than tackle, but he hasn’t shown me anything to make me think he will do better than Volson. And really at this point in their careers the trajectories make the switch even more ludicrous. Volson is only getting better, and Collins is not going to improve at this point in his career.

I don’t care how much money you invested in someone, you play the best ones out there and Collins would not be our best guard or even 2nd best guard. Not from what we’ve seen this year.

the bengals are going to play Collins no matter what, so just try moving Collins to LG. He's very familiar with the position

Prince is very familiar with RT

give it a try. You have to make this Collins signing work. Because right now, it's not
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Has La'el even played LG before?

yes. And he was dominant in Dallas when at LG

he played like 2 or 3 full seasons at LG over there
Reply/Quote
Pass Blocking Grades:

Cappa - 82.5
Williams - 81.4
Volson - 71.5
Karras - 71.2
Collins - 65.4

1 Sack, 1 Hit, 1 Hurry, 1 Pressure

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yes. And he was dominant in Dallas when at LG

he played like 2 or 3 full seasons at LG over there

He played 14 games at LG across two seasons before switching to RT. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 07:38 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Probably what got lost in this game was how much better our offensive line has gotten. I don’t know the numbers that PFF will give them, but the eye test seemed better.

One sack- Collins got beat like a drum and another was a clear miscommunication not picking up the late blitzer. I only remember one other quick pressure where Burrow scrambled. They also opened up holes in the run game. That probably sucks the worst knowing that it wasn’t really our O-lines fault for poor offense.

Williams - 74.1 (66.2 run block, 81.4 pass block, 0 pressures, 0 penalties)
Volson - 54.1 (46.1 run block, 71.5 pass block, 1 hurry, 0 penalties)
Karras - 54.1 (47.8 run block, 71.2 pass block, 1 hit, 0 penalties)
Cappa - 69.0 (60.5 run block, 82.5 pass block, 0 pressures, 0 penalties)
Collins - 57.7 (58.3 run block, 65.4 pass block, 1 sack, 1 penalty)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He played 14 games at LG across two seasons before switching to RT. 

large enough sample size. And you already know he was great there at LG

I have nothing against Volson, but LC is getting paid 30 mil. Try him at LG and Prince at RT and see if it works better

presumably during the bye week. Im just saying. I dont want anyone to get mad
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Guard is where the less athletic linemen go to play. Collins lost his athleticism

LMAO. You are pretty clueless in this entire post. Shocked? Not at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:38 PM)higgy100 Wrote: LMAO. You are pretty clueless in this entire post. Shocked? Not at all.

explain instead of just hurling insults

is Collins playing well? Are the Bengals really going to bench a guy getting paid 30 million over 3 years?

explain it to me
Reply/Quote