Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Offensive Line Getting Better
(10-24-2022, 11:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
How is Collins so low if he only gave up 1 pressure, and we barely ran the ball?

Jonah allowed one sack I know for sure. He down blocked Volson's guy when he should have picking up the rusher off the edge. Volson tried to get around Jonah to make a play but it was to late. I wonder who fault PFF said that was...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
From PFF:

The Bengals’ offensive line has also stabilized under the leadership of center and captain Ted Karras. Cincinnati has the lowest pressure rate allowed over the past three weeks of the season, at 19.4%. They ranked 20th through the first four weeks of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 12:11 PM)gman657 Wrote: From PFF:

The Bengals’ offensive line has also stabilized under the leadership of center and captain Ted Karras. Cincinnati has the lowest pressure rate allowed over the past three weeks of the season, at 19.4%. They ranked 20th through the first four weeks of the season.

What an impressive turnaround, we thought that they just needed time to settle in together.  Looks like it's happening.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Just insane

In a ironic turn of events i think those 2 years of poor line play aged Burrows mental game 10 years lol He had to mature quickly just to survive on Sundays.

Now that he’s fairly clean in the pocket he’s just unstoppable
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Wow, I thought this OL could be decent, but they might end up being elite if they keep growing together, just wow. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Jonah allowed one sack I know for sure. He down blocked Volson's guy when he should have picking up the rusher off the edge. Volson tried to get around Jonah to make a play but it was to late. I wonder who fault PFF said that was...

Actually that sack was on Mixon. It was an overload and Jonsh released as he was supposed to but Mixon failed to pick the rusher up. There is also a sack that should (by his own statement) be charged to Karras but is charged to Collins. 
Reply/Quote
I really dont want to burst anyone's bubble when I say the falcons and saints have bad defenses

so please have some thick skin and dont freak out
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 02:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually that sack was on Mixon. It was an overload and Jonsh released as he was supposed to but Mixon failed to pick the rusher up. There is also a sack that should (by his own statement) be charged to Karras but is charged to Collins. 

This is incorrect, this is an "Ali" check to a double Mug look. Mixon does not have outside help responsability as Mixon was set behind the guard in front of Joe and his job is one of the A Gap defenders who will be turned loose in a 6 on 5 situation. This requires the blockers to turn out and take wide man as Mixon has first man inside. If 5 or less come Mixon is in check and release (he does here) and everyone else is back to normal man blocking. 

Jonah turns down while others turn out and completely whiffed. Jonah either didn't hear the call or screwed up, either way it's on Jonah.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Jonah allowed one sack I know for sure. He down blocked Volson's guy when he should have picking up the rusher off the edge. Volson tried to get around Jonah to make a play but it was to late. I wonder who fault PFF said that was...

Bengals OL was tacked with 2 sacks in the last game.

Jonah - 1 sack
Volson - 0 sacks
Karras - 0 sacks
Cappa - 1 sack
Collins - 0 sacks

So I'm not sure if they went back or what, but Jonah did get dinged with a sack.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Through 7 games of the season, here are the PFF ratings for the OL:
Williams - 60.8 (62.7 pass block, 51.5 run block)
Volson - 52.8 (55.5 pass block, 53.1 run block)
Karras - 63.2 (67.7 pass block, 62.5 run block)
Cappa - 66.7 (72.0 pass block, 61.4 run block)
Collins - 54.9 (46.8 pass block, 67.1 run block)

So the only guys below par over the course of the season now are Volson and Collins, according to PFF. Both seem to be progressing though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote