Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Offensive Line Getting Better
(10-11-2022, 10:04 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That throw was 100% Joe. It's about as bad of a ball as you can throw. It basically hit Queen straight in the facemask, and he didn't have to move. Here is a GIF of it.

Link.

By the way, I always have such a hard time posting GIFs. 
The worst thing about that throw is even with the clean pocket, Joe never takes his eyes off Chase
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The worst thing about that throw is even with the clean pocket, Joe never takes his eyes off Chase

That pocket was beautiful. That is what we have all wanted Joe to have. I have no idea what he was doing, but you're right. He came out of PA and was determined to throw it to Chase. I mentioned this elsewhere, but even if Queen wasn't there, I think Bynes still picks it. The ball was late.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The worst thing about that throw is even with the clean pocket, Joe never takes his eyes off Chase

I have noticed that he stares down his receivers a lot lately.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:20 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I have noticed that he stares down his receivers a lot lately.

It got him in trouble here, too. He took a sack on this play. 

[Image: YbRSbNW.png]
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/bengals_sans/status/1579841752843710464?s=20&t=oVdOZhn_pP8jZezt8ETh5w

This is one of the best holes I've seen our OL open in years. Volson gettin better and better hes got serious power.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 06:15 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: https://twitter.com/bengals_sans/status/1579841752843710464?s=20&t=oVdOZhn_pP8jZezt8ETh5w

This is one of the best holes I've seen our OL open in years.  Volson gettin better and better hes got serious power.

As good as that play was, an actual block by Morgan would have made it a lot better...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:30 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It got him in trouble here, too. He took a sack on this play. 

[Image: YbRSbNW.png]

That's not good. Appears he's looking at the only receiver covered. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:04 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That throw was 100% Joe. It's about as bad of a ball as you can throw. It basically hit Queen straight in the facemask, and he didn't have to move. Here is a GIF of it.

Link.

By the way, I always have such a hard time posting GIFs. 

I can't post gifs anymore either.

Dude.....Thomas was WIDE open up the middle. That might've been a TD

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:20 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I can't post gifs anymore either.

Dude.....Thomas was WIDE open up the middle. That might've been a TD

I seriously doubt it. Dude has 1 TD in 7 years.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt it. Dude has 1 TD in 7 years.

LoL, fair point.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: I can't post gifs anymore either.

[Image: why-not-sure-why-not.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 01:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: why-not-sure-why-not.gif]

I. D. K. For some reason, every time I use the image link in the toolbar, I get a broken link. I even tried the old school HTML tag deal and get nothing. It either shows a broken link, or just puts a wall of text for the link address. Frustrating. I've had some damn good gifs go unposted.Cry

Hell, even my sig is busted now.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 02:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: I. D. K. For some reason, every time I use the image link in the toolbar, I get a broken link. I even tried the old school HTML tag deal and get nothing. It either shows a broken link, or just puts a wall of text for the link address. Frustrating. I've had some damn good gifs go unposted.Cry

Hell, even my sig is busted now.

I'm assuming you checked your Thread View Options in your settings?

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt it. Dude has 1 TD in 7 years.

I remember some people being crazy about Mike Thomas leading up to the draft.
He had the size to stay outside, and he put up crazy stats his final year at Southern Miss (1391 yards, 14 TDs, 19 YPR)
He had a good, not great Combine performance.

The kicker for him, like many WRs, is the agility.
He only put up a 4.19 shuttle and 7.05 3-cone.
Combine that with just ok speed (4.54) and he can't get open very well.
He doesn't have the size, footwork, or route running to make up for those pedestrian numbers.

It's honestly amazing he's still on a NFL roster when his best season is only 13 receptions, 132 yards, and 1 TD.
Most dudes like that fall out of the league within a few years.

Hell, Cody Core was more productive as a WR than Michael Thomas has been.
Core (4 years) - 33 rec, 388 yards, 1 TD
Thomas (7 years) - 30 rec, 366 yards, 1 TD
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
[Image: timUtYL.jpg]

Burrow is slightly under the league average in 'dropbacks under pressure'

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 02:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm assuming you checked your Thread View Options in your settings?

Yep, same as they ever were.....

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember some people being crazy about Mike Thomas leading up to the draft.
He had the size to stay outside, and he put up crazy stats his final year at Southern Miss (1391 yards, 14 TDs, 19 YPR)
He had a good, not great Combine performance.

The kicker for him, like many WRs, is the agility.
He only put up a 4.19 shuttle and 7.05 3-cone.
Combine that with just ok speed (4.54) and he can't get open very well.
He doesn't have the size, footwork, or route running to make up for those pedestrian numbers.

It's honestly amazing he's still on a NFL roster when his best season is only 13 receptions, 132 yards, and 1 TD.
Most dudes like that fall out of the league within a few years.

Hell, Cody Core was more productive as a WR than Michael Thomas has been.
Core (4 years) - 33 rec, 388 yards, 1 TD
Thomas (7 years) - 30 rec, 366 yards, 1 TD

Not Cody Core!!!!!!  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 04:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, same as they ever were.....

Then i blame 'holic!!

Reply/Quote
I saw where the interior line has graded fine but the tackles poor.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 07:49 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I saw where the interior line has graded fine but the tackles poor.

except for Volson
Reply/Quote