Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offer McCarron to Green Bay.....Now is the time!
(10-16-2017, 12:20 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Eagles?  Wentz looks to be the package and the NFL desperately needs some good young qbs.

Nah they'll choke like always. New England already has the Lombardi trophy won.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In the past 23+ years the Packers have had 379 games started by HOF QBs in Favre and Rodgers, 5 games started by an absurdly effective Matt Flynn, and a grand total of 3 games started by lousy QBs in Scott Tolzien and Seneca Wallace.

I'm not trying to sound like an arse, but forgive me if my heart isn't breaking for your predicament.  Hell, with your luck Hundley will just be another HOF-er.

Lol so much this. Sorry PackerBacker, but now you guys get to see how the other half lives.

At least you have memories of multiple Lombardies to ease your suffering.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
No one with a franchise QB is trading for McCaron unless they are destined for the SB and just need someone serviceable to get them there. This whole idea of every time a QB goes down assum someone will trade for him is stupid. He is here, and will be gone when his contract is up.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol so much this. Sorry PackerBacker, but now you guys get to see how the other half lives.

That's ok. Its supposed to be almost 70 degrees next Sunday. No football watching for me. Fall color tour rides scheduled.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol so much this. Sorry PackerBacker, but now you guys get to see how the other half lives.

Just some quick math, but since we celebrated our most recent playoff win the Packers have enjoyed 431 NFL starts by HOF QBs, 21 post-season wins, 3 SB appearances, and 2 SB wins.  Ouch.  Also, the last time Rodgers got injured the Packers won 8 games and still made the playoffs.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: No one with a franchise QB is trading for McCaron unless they are destined for the SB and just need someone serviceable to get them there. This whole idea of every time a QB goes down assum someone will trade for him is stupid. He is here, and will be gone when his contract is up.

Agreed. Say GB or TB coughs up a 1st or 2nd rounder in a panic. Then McCarron has to learn their offense in a week at most and try to seamlessly guide them to the playoffs. This might be tough for some to imagine, but what if he can't do that? Then what? They just gave up a top pick for a short term rental? It'd be dumb.

Heck, I think that's partly why teams won't pick up Kaepernick right now. He'd have to learn an offense on the fly. Tennessee caught so much grief for not signing Kaep, but they signed Weeden who was familiar with their offense. At this point in the season it's best to roll with what you have or someone familiar with your system...unless you can get a monster talent like Brett Favre or Tony Romo.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. Say GB or TB coughs up a 1st or 2nd rounder in a panic. Then McCarron has to learn their offense in a week at most and try to seamlessly guide them to the playoffs. This might be tough for some to imagine, but what if he can't do that? Then what? They just gave up a top pick for a short term rental? It'd be dumb.

Heck, I think that's partly why teams won't pick up Kaepernick right now. He'd have to learn an offense on the fly. Tennessee caught so much grief for not signing Kaep, but they signed Weeden who was familiar with their offense. At this point in the season it's best to roll with what you have or someone familiar with your system...unless you can get a monster talent like Brett Favre or Tony Romo.

Agreed.  The high value of McCarron seems to only exist in the minds of Bengals fans and certain GMs with over a quarter of a century of experience on their resume.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Just some quick math, but since we celebrated our most recent playoff win the Packers have enjoyed 431 NFL starts by HOF QBs, 21 post-season wins, 3 SB appearances, and 2 SB wins.  Ouch.  Also, the last time Rodgers got injured the Packers won 8 games and still made the playoffs.  

[Image: 87wQl.gif]
Reply/Quote
I honestly think that was a career ender for Rodgers. Once you break your collarbone you just keep reinjuring it. He will never stay healthy now from here on out. Oh well at least we enjoyed success since 1992. Now were in for 30 years of the bottom of the division I think.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:48 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I honestly think that was a career ender for Rodgers. Once you break your collarbone you just keep reinjuring it. He will never stay healthy now from here on out. Oh well at least we enjoyed success since 1992. Now were in for 30 years of the bottom of the division I think.

Well he did break his collarbone in 2013 and he's pretty much been Johnny Manziel since. 

When you are done here you should go pitch your sob story on the Browns message board or at a hospice.  Anyways, even I can't keep up this nonsense all night. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well he did break his collarbone in 2013 and he's pretty much been Johnny Manziel since. 

When you are done here you should go pitch your sob story on the Browns message board or at a hospice.  Anyways, even I can't keep up this nonsense all night. 

The good thing is my Sundays are now officially open. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:48 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I honestly think that was a career ender for Rodgers. Once you break your collarbone you just keep reinjuring it. He will never stay healthy now from here on out. Oh well at least we enjoyed success since 1992. Now were in for 30 years of the bottom of the division I think.

Well Romo did have some collarbone problems that popped up from time to time, but Rodgers isn't as fragile as Romo so I wouldn't worry too much.

Cheer up. Your team is 4-2 and if Hundley can even go .500 as starter, you'll be in the playoff hunt. You have 3 of the next 4 at home. 

You also have an automatic win coming against the Browns. If Hundley can keep them in the hunt, maybe Rodgers returns for the playoffs. Plus who knows? Maybe you have something in Hundley. I liked him as a prospect coming out.
Reply/Quote

That's what happens when you have a Bad, OL.

Protecting your franchise qb (if you hav one) is the second most important thing.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I brought this up before, but I don't see how any Bengals fan could dislike the Patriots...they're pretty much the one thing keeping the Steelers from having damn near 10 SB wins.  I live in Steeler country and the amount of anger and frustration the Patriots, and the fact that they just can't beat them, causes them is deeeeeeelightful.

I dislike any team that wins an outrageous amount of the time, with multiple SBs and HOFers over the course of almost 2 decades straight...when the team i root for can't even get ONE freaking playoff win in a longer time span. 

Though it is nice to know that Pitt is someone's *****. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well Romo did have some collarbone problems that popped up from time to time, but Rodgers isn't as fragile as Romo so I wouldn't worry too much.

Cheer up. Your team is 4-2 and if Hundley can even go .500 as starter, you'll be in the playoff hunt. You have 3 of the next 4 at home. 

You also have an automatic win coming against the Browns. If Hundley can keep them in the hunt, maybe Rodgers returns for the playoffs. Plus who knows? Maybe you have something in Hundley. I liked him as a prospect coming out.

Pfffft not going to happen. He looked awful today. I would just mail it in if I were them cause without your star player there is not a chance you win. Rodgers will go down again next year too. 
Reply/Quote
I still hope you guys win the Superbowl now that were out. Bengals vs Eagles Superbowl.
Reply/Quote

Not this.

(10-16-2017, 12:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well he did break his collarbone in 2013 and he's pretty much been Johnny Manziel since. 

This.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: No one with a franchise QB is trading for McCaron unless they are destined for the SB and just need someone serviceable to get them there. This whole idea of every time a QB goes down assum someone will trade for him is stupid. He is here, and will be gone when his contract is up.

Yep 

Should have traded him in off season because doubt it happens now. He will walk for a comp pick in the end. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Thought that initially as well but do not see him walking away from that money while under contract. 

Plus he is not as old as I was thinking. He will be back. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Oh crap..some other teams 2nd string punter could get hurt and someone would suggest shipping McCarron to them in a trade. 
Fact is we don't have a viable backup after McC . Driskel is still on the injured/reserve list until further notice.  They are NOT going to trade McCarron this season so any suggestions for such trades are just babbling on incoherently .. not that incoherence has ever made a bit of difference on this forum.. Heck, after woodworking incoherence is my favorite past time..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote