Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offer McCarron to Green Bay.....Now is the time!
(10-16-2017, 01:15 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Pfffft not going to happen. He looked awful today. I would just mail it in if I were them cause without your star player there is not a chance you win. Rodgers will go down again next year too. 

Bro he was coming in cold off the bench for his first ever game action against one of the best defenses in the NFL. 

Not to mention you had 3 linemen fall out due to injury. Be fair and see how he does with 1st team reps and an offense molded around him.

They'll probably also lean on Aaron Jones...if they're smart.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 10:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why attack him? To set record straight, 2013 injured left shoulder, 2017 injured right (throwing shoulder). Yeah a big deal when a future HOF QB goes doen for the year and injures his throwing shoulder.

Why attack a Packers fan who is moping around a Bengals message board complaining that he has to face the rest of this season with Brett Hundley under center after having almost nothing but HOF QB's, 2 SBs, and over 20 playoff wins in the past 24 years?  Seriously?  This is a Bengals message board and this is the Bengals section of the Bengals message board.  Why not just go to a Browns message board and mope around for a while.

It just seems ridiculous.  I get it, Aaron Rodgers is awesome and he's 99% of that team and it sucks (for the Packers) that he's gone for the year but complaining about it to Bengals fans seems amusing if not insulting.  If Tom Brady gets injured next week and a Patriots fan wants sympathy from us I'd expect us to laugh, too.

I just don't get the guy's angle. This is like Jerry Jones dropping his 17th favorite Rolex down a sewer grate and then complaining to a homeless guy about how much life sucks. I mean, it was a nice Rolex and the homeless guy can admit that it sucks that he lost it, but come on try to have some perspective here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bro he was coming in cold off the bench for his first ever game action against one of the best defenses in the NFL. 

Not to mention you had 3 linemen fall out due to injury. Be fair and see how he does with 1st team reps and an offense molded around him. They'll probably also lean on Aaron Jones...if they're smart.

He won't get better. Our season is over. Time to look forward to 2018. Even then Rodgers won't make it through next year either. He is too fragile.
Reply/Quote
The Packers are not a well built team at all and they are about to be exposed for only building with Aaron Rodgers. They have the same issue that the Colts had with Manning. Got lucky with one of the best QBs of all time and built on only draft picks around that. The players look good because of the W/L and the fact that they have a GOAT working with them so they don't improve the way they should. This won't be a Ewing theory situation
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:07 AM)packerbacker Wrote: He won't get better. Our season is over. Time to look forward to 2018. Even then Rodgers won't make it through next year either. He is too fragile.

You can't be serious about this pessimism.  If you're really this fragile then I wouldn't suggest being a Bengals fan because it just might kill ya!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You can't be serious about this pessimism.  If you're really this fragile then I wouldn't suggest being a Bengals fan because it just might kill ya!

I am. I think it's a career ended. Look at Romo, he hung it up after breaking his collarbone for the third time.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:07 AM)packerbacker Wrote: He won't get better. Our season is over. Time to look forward to 2018. Even then Rodgers won't make it through next year either. He is too fragile.

I get being upset that your SB odds are now in the toilet, but you're being a tad ridiculous. 

(10-16-2017, 11:14 AM)eoxyod Wrote: The Packers are not a well built team at all and they are about to be exposed for only building with Aaron Rodgers. They have the same issue that the Colts had with Manning. Got lucky with one of the best QBs of all time and built on only draft picks around that. The players look good because of the W/L and the fact that they have a GOAT working with them so they don't improve the way they should. This won't be a Ewing theory situation

They went a respectable 3-5-1 last time Rodgers broke a collarbone and managed to hold it together enough to squeak into the playoffs. They were much better after they settled on a QB (Matt Flynn), and they went 2-3-1 with him under center. Any team is going to take a major hit when a franchise QB goes down...let alone one like Rodgers. I think the Packers handled it pretty well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:29 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I am. I think it's a career ended. Look at Romo, he hung it up after breaking his collarbone for the third time.

Ok, well if you want to spend your day trolling Bengals fans about your rotten luck and playing them for sympathy I say have at it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, well if you want to spend your day trolling Bengals fans about your rotten luck and playing them for sympathy I say have at it.

I'm not trolling you guys at all. I hope you win out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get being upset that your SB odds are now in the toilet, but you're being a tad ridiculous. 

They went a respectable 3-5-1 last time Rodgers broke a collarbone and managed to hold it together enough to squeak into the playoffs. They were much better after they settled on a QB (Matt Flynn), and they went 2-3-1 with him under center. Any team is going to take a major hit when a franchise QB goes down...let alone one like Rodgers. I think the Packers handled it pretty well.

I'm just heartbroken today. Awful feeling but I know you guys have been through it. Now I hope you guys win it all.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:29 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I am. I think it's a career ended. Look at Romo, he hung it up after breaking his collarbone for the third time.

His career ended because he wanted to retire a Cowboy and they had already moved on to Dak Preskott.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 10:43 AM)Synric Wrote: Montgomery is a good back and Jones has played well when his number was called, but with Aaron Rodgers down they will probably switch from a team that passes 30 to 35 times a game to a team that runs 25 to 30 times. Hill is a big back with good speed that has proven he can handle a heavy workload.

A 5th at best 6th at worst would be a good trade for both sides. You couldn't get anymore because the Packers would only be getting him for half a season.

You are trying to turn trash to treasure. Nothing Hill has shown in the last two seasons says he is any better than either of those guys. Add in the fact they drafted another back in this past draft and it makes exactly 0 sense to want Hill. To bring things full circle Hill is only being discussed because someone thought he had some sort of value in a package with McCaron. Neither have value to GB and people need to move on from the idea that either will get us anything back.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:41 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I'm just heartbroken today. Awful feeling but I know you guys have been through it. Now I hope you guys win it all.

See as a Bengals fan my expectations are really low.

As a Packers fan you expect a Super Bowl win every year and if you fall short are devastated.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:41 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I'm just heartbroken today. Awful feeling but I know you guys have been through it. Now I hope you guys win it all.

I know this isn't a contest, but I don't think any reasonable Packers fan could compare his level of NFL-related anguish to that of a Bengals fan.  Anyways, I've got to do something else now because this thread is causing me to lose even more grip on my sanity.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I know this isn't a contest, but I don't think any reasonable Packers fan could compare his level of NFL-related anguish to that of a Bengals fan.  Anyways, I've got to do something else now because this thread is causing me to lose even more grip on my sanity.

I'm hoping you guys win it all this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 10:57 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Now that we're done for the year Go Bengals!

Hey packerbacker. In this make believe situation you are Ash..and everything surrounding you is the Bengals organization and it's fans.

Be careful man.

Reply/Quote
Sorry Packerbacker. You just caught us in a positive week (No game last night). We'll be just as miserable as you come next Monday and you'll be in good company.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hey Packerbacker..

Heard they gonna try and trade for Cutler.... Said he did good throwing to GB players in the past.

j/k
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hey Packerbacker..

Heard they gonna try and trade for Cutler....   Said he did good throwing to GB players in the past.

j/k

Cry
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hey Packerbacker..

Heard they gonna try and trade for Cutler....   Said he did good throwing to GB players in the past.

j/k

rep --- instant classic!
Reply/Quote