Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offer McCarron to Green Bay.....Now is the time!
McCarron isn't going anywhere unless MB gets a pile of money, 72 virgins, and a Mike Ditka list of picks.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
There is no reason for the Packers to give up a high draft pick for a QB. They will use that 2nd round pick on an offensive lineman to stand in front of Rodgers next year.

Now if they want Hill for a 5th maybe a 6th they can beat him up between the tackles for the year lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you're Green Bay you'd have to be 100 percent sure any QB you trade for is good enough to take you deep into the post season, if you're not then its not worth a 2nd or 3rd, unless you have one to spare. I think we all know the Bengals asking price for AJ, its probably a second and a player or a 1st. If your GB's GM is AJ McCarron worth that and are you confident he'll win you games?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
McCarron and Hill for maybe a 2nd this year, and a 2nd next year is a good trade if you ask me.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 08:35 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: McCarron and Hill for maybe a 2nd this year, and a 2nd next year is a good trade if you ask me.

The Rookie Jones ran fine when given a chance, TY Montgomery is as good or better than Hill. Hundley has been in their system for a couple years and at this p[point in the season is their best option, the only option that would be better is a veteran starter who's team is out of the playoffs already.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 09:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yes, they are....and they will beat the Saints to do it.  Just like I said in preseason predictions.

Who has a better defense?  The offense is hitting its stride.  This is the year. 

Love your optimism SHRacerX but we're not wining anything this year.  The OL needs way too much help.  We have all the pieces except the OL and and receiver that can stretch the defense.  Ross may be the guy but not this year.  Receivers never make a big impact their rookie year unless they are named AJ Green.

2018 will be our best shot at it.  We actually need to sign a couple free agents, hopefully on the OL.  Our young defense will be a year into it and maybe we get Eifert back for a 1-year run at it.

btw, watching Pitt blitz about every down in the KC game is really scary.  They must be licking their chops waiting to do the same to our OL.
Reply/Quote
^We need a couple coaches as well D-O.

Edit:

In fantasy land i'd offer AJM and Hill for a 2 and a 5. We haven't been hitting on #1's.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 09:19 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Love your optimism SHRacerX but we're not wining anything this year.  The OL needs way too much help.  We have all the pieces except the OL and and receiver that can stretch the defense.  Ross may be the guy but not this year.  Receivers never make a big impact their rookie year unless they are named AJ Green.

2018 will be our best shot at it.  We actually need to sign a couple free agents, hopefully on the OL.  Our young defense will be a year into it and maybe we get Eifert back for a 1-year run at it.

btw, watching Pitt blitz about every down in the KC game is really scary.  They must be licking their chops waiting to do the same to our OL.

The Bengals are going to beat the Saints in the Super Bowl this year. I said it before the season and I am not changing the prediction now.  When the Bengals beat pitt next Sunday, people will see that they can beat anyone and will continue on their roll that began when a legitimate OC took over.  

My big concern this weekend is they stick with the zero separation Lafell over giving guys like Core more snaps.  And I want to see more of Kroft with Uzo, and Mixon with Gio.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals are going to beat the Saints in the Super Bowl this year. I said it before the season and I am not changing the prediction now.  When the Bengals beat pitt next Sunday, people will see that they can beat anyone and will continue on their roll that began when a legitimate OC took over.  

My big concern this weekend is they stick with the zero separation Lafell over giving guys like Core more snaps.  And I want to see more of Kroft with Uzo, and Mixon with Gio.  

Again, I love the optimism but the stars just don't align this year.  Pitt gets GB and NE at home, GB who beat us and is now without Rodgers.  We get Minnesota on the road later in the year, they already beat them in Pittsburgh.  We still have the Ravens, KC, Denver, Tennessee and Jacksonville on the road.  They've already beaten the Ravens and KC on the road, plus get Tennessee at home.

I just don't see Pitt losing enough games for the Bengals to win the north, even if we do continue to right the ship.  A wildcard is probably the only option and one of those is coming out of the AFCW in either Denver or KC.

Not impossible but highly improbable - just being a realist.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals are going to beat the Saints in the Super Bowl this year. I said it before the season and I am not changing the prediction now.  When the Bengals beat pitt next Sunday, people will see that they can beat anyone and will continue on their roll that began when a legitimate OC took over.  

I'd sure like to see us leave Pittsburgh with a W next week, but even still I'm not sure a victory over a team that's dropped games to the Jaguars and Bears proves we can beat "anyone."  We need to handle our own business from here on out because the woeful Chicago Bears have single-handedly kept our division rivals within striking distance for us.  

Let's not look this gift horse in the mouth.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is hurt and would have missed yesterday if we had a game. McCarron def isn't going anywhere now. until Dalton is 100% at least, but that will likely be after the deadline passes.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
At least I can pull for you guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 09:59 AM)packerbacker Wrote: At least I can pull for you guys.

What's the point?  Aaron Rodgers isn't our QB either.
Reply/Quote
I knew this thread would be here I didn't expect it to be on page 4 already though lol

Green Bay isn't gonna trade the farm for a backup QB with 5 games under his belt (or 4.75)

This isn't the same as when we traded palmer lol
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 10:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I knew this thread would be here I didn't expect it to be on page 4 already though lol

Green Bay isn't gonna trade the farm for a backup QB with 5 games under his belt (or 4.75)

In all fairness about a page of this is me giving packerbacker a hard time about moping around a Bengals board.  I'm not trying to kick the guy when he's down...it's just a wacky situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 10:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness about a page of this is me giving packerbacker a hard time about moping around a Bengals board.  I'm not trying to kick the guy when he's down...it's just a wacky situation.

Think the NFL will make a rule change?    it happens when one of the golden boys goes down for the year
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 09:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: The Rookie Jones ran fine when given a chance, TY Montgomery is as good or better than Hill. Hundley has been in their system for a couple years and at this p[point in the season is their best option, the only option that would be better is a veteran starter who's team is out of the playoffs already.

Montgomery is a good back and Jones has played well when his number was called, but with Aaron Rodgers down they will probably switch from a team that passes 30 to 35 times a game to a team that runs 25 to 30 times. Hill is a big back with good speed that has proven he can handle a heavy workload.

A 5th at best 6th at worst would be a good trade for both sides. You couldn't get anymore because the Packers would only be getting him for half a season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Green Bay treats draft picks as sacred. Plus there is a better FA QB floating around about to sue the NFL. If a team trades for McCarron, it would be a more reactionary team and one that is more loose with draft picks
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well he did break his collarbone in 2013 and he's pretty much been Johnny Manziel since. 

When you are done here you should go pitch your sob story on the Browns message board or at a hospice.  Anyways, even I can't keep up this nonsense all night. 

Why attack him? To set record straight, 2013 injured left shoulder, 2017 injured right (throwing shoulder). Yeah a big deal when a future HOF QB goes doen for the year and injures his throwing shoulder.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Now that we're done for the year Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote