Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2015 Cut Down to 53 Thread
There is a lot of speculation and emotion as we get down via cuts or trades by Saturday at 4:00.

I know some on here get info quicker via twitter or social media so I suggest we use this thread to track our info as it is likely some news may trickle out prior to the official announcement by the Bengals. A one stop thread versus 15 different threads I think would help us all.

So if you hear anything (valid and not rumors), please share in here with all of us as this year we have a solid roster so some good football players will be cut or traded to get us to 53.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I guess all is quiet still on our roster movement.

I was hoping for a trade or 2, but knew that was being optimistic

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Don't think we're making any moves today.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 06:24 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Don't think we're making any moves today.

Looking that way

I just thought they may have started the process with a few guys and those guys would tweet something out because we know the Bengals FO will communicate on their terms only

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 06:24 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Don't think we're making any moves today.

I'm sure they're being made but won't announce at this time.
Reply/Quote
"Hey, [insert any backup O-lineman's name here], coach wants to see you. Bring your playbook."

We're excited about Eric Winston. That's not good, folks.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:43 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: "Hey, [insert any backup O-lineman's name here], coach wants to see you. Bring your playbook."

We're excited about Eric Winston. That's not good, folks.

That really isn't good.  Sad
Reply/Quote
Greg Little was such a bonehead last season that I don't trust that this version is going to remain once he makes the roster. I have to give credit, though, that the guy played well and even looked good on special teams. Maybe he was humbled by last season's debacle.

I wonder if they will even try the PUP list on Ogbuehi or use the IR/designated to return option for him. If you have Burfict, Ogbuehi, Flowers, and maybe Porter on the PUP list, there will be a lot of guys to release at that sixth week.
Reply/Quote
I'm hearing Flowers is out for the year. Anyone else heard that?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:03 AM)IckeyShuffle Wrote: I'm hearing Flowers is out for the year. Anyone else heard that?

Why?  Did he stub his toe?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:03 AM)IckeyShuffle Wrote: I'm hearing Flowers is out for the year. Anyone else heard that?

You the guy who reported to us about Nico?
Reply/Quote
Yeah I heard about Nico early too from a friend. Not as certain about Flowers but I have heard he is out.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:47 AM)IckeyShuffle Wrote: Yeah I heard about Nico early too from a friend. Not as certain about Flowers but I have heard he is out.

I'll buy the shameful news. Sad if true.

Opens the door even wider for CC though.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:48 AM)Stormborn Wrote: I'll buy the shameful news. Sad if true.

Opens the door even wider for CC though.

Wouldn't IR be a way that Flowers stays on the team another year?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:16 PM)McC Wrote: Wouldn't IR be a way that Flowers stays on the team another year?

Yeah, obviously won't be on the 53 though.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:19 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Yeah, obviously won't be on the 53 though.

Right.  He would obviously rather be able to play but at least he won't be unemployed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:21 PM)McC Wrote: Right.  He would obviously rather be able to play but at least he won't be unemployed.

He probably would've made the team if healthy, I'm sure they'll want to see him again.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:21 PM)McC Wrote: Right.  He would obviously rather be able to play but at least he won't be unemployed.

(09-05-2015, 12:23 PM)Stormborn Wrote: He probably would've made the team if healthy, I'm sure they'll want to see him again.

Yeah, i like Flowers, good all around Backer.

To the OP, all i have heard is rumours so far and you said not to talk rumours. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To the OP, all i have heard is rumours so far and you said not to talk rumours. Tongue

It is okay to talk about Rumours, but it is all just Second Hand News and Dreams.  So Don't Stop.  Just Go Your Own Way.  But I am Never Going Back Again and I Don't Want to Know.
Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for Alford! I liked the way he looked this preseason.
Reply/Quote