Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2015 Cut Down to 53 Thread
Pretty shocked that DeShawn Williams got cut. I thought he had serious upside and could help push the pocket.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we'll be able to if we choose. Some much more high profile RBs and DTs getting pink slips today. I don't see anyone we cut that is eligible for the PS getting picked to anyone's 53.

This... but of course most people will cry like we just let 10 year pro-bowlers go.

I imagine everyone they want makes it back onto the PS roster.
Especially with savy guys knowing there will be opportunities next year when we go into FA Pokemon mode.
Cant keep em all.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 04:20 PM)Capt.Morgan Wrote: Pretty shocked that DeShawn Williams got cut. I thought he had serious upside and could help push the pocket.

Not sure how much upside he has, but he's a high-motor guy who who is active and will look good against pre-season scrubs. Not nearly the talent of someone like Marcus Hardsion though.

People do this every year. They over-hype some backup dude who looks decent in pre-season and talk about how we will regret cutting him, then you never hear from him again.

That said, I think he can be a decent part of a rotation at some point, but he will be on the practice squad. People always think there is no way someone will make it through waivers, but they almost always do.
Reply/Quote
Also I'm not a Tate fan but seriously until someone bumps him off no need to get rid of him.

Alford was only kept because they feared stashing that speed on the PS.
Period.

Alford inactive gameday.
Burkhead in the slot with Sanu.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 04:45 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: People do this every year. They over-hype some backup dude who looks decent in pre-season and talk about how we will regret cutting him, then you never hear from him again.

I remember folks being stoked over Larry Black and that DT that sang on HK. In a couple weeks no one will remember Williams' name.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember folks being stoked over Larry Black and that DT that sang on HK. In a couple weeks no one will remember Williams' name.

Or the first time Tate returns a TD or Hunt gets a sack.... all will be forgotten.

Our team is loaded with talent so the really only intriguing spots on the roster are the guys that are not going to play.
Its up there with people who curse the FO for not bringing in the UDFA who is the missing link every year that they personally "scouted" and watched "tape" on     Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
I'm mad about Williams. Sims and Thompson are both UFA's next year, along with a laundry list of other players, and we don't keep a guy that could replace them? Ugh.

Tate outplayed everybody who could have knocked him off the roster, so I can't fault them for keeping him.'

Peerman sticking is annoying, although it's likely that we get either Wilder or Watson to the PS. I'm still mad about Boom Herron, though.

Glad Carter made it.

Flowers to IR was a blessing in disguise. Even if he had made the 53, he probably would have been cut when Burfict came back. At least this way, we're able to protect him for a year and have some extra depth next year.

CLH sticking is a surprise to me. Nothing against him, as I think he could stick on several rosters, but we are just stacked at CB, and he's another guy who you would think gets the axe when Burfict returns. I would have rather used that spot to protect Williams for at least 6 weeks. Yeah, 6th DT is never going to dress, but how often do you dress 6 CB's?

Little could surprise this year, if he gets some opportunities. The big knock on him was that he had terrible hands, but he's a big bodied WR with deep speed. He caught almost everything thrown his way in preseason, so if he's got that fixed, he could be a potential contributor.
Reply/Quote
Crazy thing about Little making the squad is that if James Wright doesn't get hurt we don't even have this guy in camp.

Also a very selfish confession: I am glad Still didn't make the 53 because every time somebody said his name I got confused.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote