Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-25-2020, 06:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't need them and won't make it anyways.

Sure we do, them and OL. There's so many good WRs this year it doesn't make sense not to bring a few in just to compete.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love it, leaders everywhere, who was the only pick that wasn't? Tee?

yep.  we also drafted 3 coaches sons.  2 or 3 academic all-americans.  There are definite themes to Zac's drafting qualities

and then there is this

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am sure there will be some decent interior OL as UDFA's.

To add to that sentiment, we knew OL and LB were issues.  I'd rather see Cincy fix 1 issue and leave the other, than have both positions "sort of fixed" and still have a glaring hole.  This draft shows they are fixing concerns.  If even 2 of these LBs work out, we can go heavy OL next year and *fingers crossed* have righted the ship.  You can only do so much with 7 picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:35 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Sure we do, them and OL. There's so many good WRs this year it doesn't make sense not to bring a few in just to compete.

OL, absolutely.

I just think for WR, we have:

AJ
Higgins
Ross
Boyd
Erickson
Tate
Morgan
Willis
Irwin
Mike Thomas
Damarkus Lodge

So 11 guys.

I would think, just for reps purposes, they will sign 1, otherwise you have everyone you need, IMO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
DJ said Bailey has 2nd RD talent and could be the "steal of the draft"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Davis-Gaither as well, I think.

ADG was a captain pretty sure Truck. We only had 7 picks, my guess was the WR.

Love Tee too though.

(04-25-2020, 06:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Glad they made some effort on LB (though their draft history is a graveyard of 3rd round LB busts) but I wished they made some more effort on OL.

Hopefully they have a trade or something in the works that will help the OL.

Those picks were when Marv was here with the LB's.

I am liking these new LB picks under Lou so far big time.

Also think there is a trade in the mix for Gabe Jackson and bringing in Jason Peters to help out the young guys.

(04-25-2020, 06:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Definitely.

T, G and TE.

That is what I am talkin' about. Cool
Reply/Quote
Some had Bailey as round 1 talent and was the leader of Boilers defense. Had two knee complications. If he is healthy, he is a good one.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:36 PM)pally Wrote: yep.  we also drafted 3 coaches sons.  2 or 3 academic all-americans.  There are definite themes to Zac's drafting qualities

and then there is this

A person can actually get an advanced degree in leadership? 

And to think it just comes naturally to me.   Tongue
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Let’s not forget the Bengals added two offensive linemen in free agency: Isaiah Prince and Xavier Su’a Filo.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ADG was a captain pretty sure Truck. We only had 7 picks, my guess was the WR.

Love Tee too though.

Those picks were when Marv was here with the LB's.

I am liking these new LB picks under Lou so far big time.

Also think there is a trade in the mix for Gabe Jackson and bringing in Jason Peters to help out the young guys.

That is what I am talkin' about. Cool

He was the only one I wasn't sure of, but everyone else had it mentioned! lol
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DJ said Bailey has 2nd RD talent and could be the "steal of the draft"

Yes he's very talented just can't stay healthy. The kind of high risk high reward pick the 7th round was made for. 
Reply/Quote
Well my friends I'm suffering from draft fatigue. Going to throw a steak on the grill and watch a movie or something. Thanks all for the fun draft chat, banter and all the funny jokes. Was fun hanging out with you all here during quarantine.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
now the UDFA fun begins...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:40 PM)McC Wrote: A person can actually get an advanced degree in leadership? 

And to think it just comes naturally to me.   Tongue

Why not my ex-wife said I have a doctorate in Being an Asshole.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:41 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well my friends I'm suffering from draft fatigue. Going to throw a steak on the grill and watch a movie or something. Thanks all for the fun draft chat, banter and all the funny jokes. Was fun hanging out with you all here during quarantine.

I will watch the rest of the draft as I make my Spaghetti Alfredo Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:41 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yes he's very talented just can't stay healthy. The kind of high risk high reward pick the 7th round was made for. 

Sounds like the RB we took from OU last year. Here's to hoping Bailey has better luck at TC

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:36 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: To add to that sentiment, we knew OL and LB were issues.  I'd rather see Cincy fix 1 issue and leave the other, than have both positions "sort of fixed" and still have a glaring hole.  This draft shows they are fixing concerns.  If even 2 of these LBs work out, we can go heavy OL next year and *fingers crossed* have righted the ship.  You can only do so much with 7 picks.

Feel the same, nice post CCC.

It is pretty embarrassing when your Linebackers cannot cover or tackle. No more of this damn it. Whatever

Put a stop to it. Rock On  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:41 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well my friends I'm suffering from draft fatigue.  Going to throw a steak on the grill and watch a movie or something.  Thanks all for the fun draft chat, banter and all the funny jokes.  Was fun hanging out with you all here during quarantine.

Back atcha GC. Let's do it again next year when we pick last in every round

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Why not my ex-wife said I have a doctorate in Being an Asshole.

Hilarious
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote