Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
Another kicker off the board before Blankenship.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:52 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If Parnell motley isn’t picked, look for his name as udfa

Motley is a good one.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:53 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: That's a good point.  One read passes make you really vulnerable, and its certainly not a knock on Burrow, the kid is special!  I just hope he can possibly take a year of punishment without hurting him.  With that said, I think our line still needs help, but should be a lot better this year.  I think I'm just conditioned to think about all the worst cases at this point.  Its clear this team is taking the steps to become a good team, just takes a while to break old mindsets.

Think Burrow will be more than fine, he took a lot of punishment last year making his O-line look much better than it was.

Completely understand that mindset, it gets imbedded in you being a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:55 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Another kicker off the board before Blankenship.

I saw Blankenship miss quite a few big kicks last year, doesn't surprise me.
Reply/Quote
I think Moss will have lots of calls if not drafted.  I've said it a few times today, but I'd really like Ahmad Wagner as a UFA TE.  He's at that spot where he can be a small TE or a big WR, his comparison was Auden Tate.  He's only played one year of football, but was a 6'7 basketball player before.  I think if you can develop him, you have someone special that you can line up at TE or in the slot.  Players who can line up in multiple spots are becoming more important than ever, and his hands are amazing! 
Reply/Quote
This was a fun thread for all three days of the draft. Go Bengals!

Joe Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DJ said Bailey has 2nd RD talent and could be the "steal of the draft"

He had two season ending injuries on each knee. Not exactly a steal. As an NFC scout put it, "He's got a motor and he's smart and active. You get a little worried about any player who has had two season-ending knee injuries."

Perfect for a 7th round gamble.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think ZT and Co decided after enduring last season where the defense was putrid and we lost probably five game directly due to poor tackling that they were not having that happen again.

So far this offseason the defense has gotten:

1 DT
1 DE
1 Safety
2 CB
5 LB

I may have missed a player or 2 but noteworthy is all the new arrivals are good tacklers and on the new LBers 3 are considered good at pass coverage.

Who is the 5th LB after Bynes and the 3 draftees?

ps they also signed a load of other corners to compete at the back end of the roster: that one from CFL (Rose?), Sims and Tony Brown a waiver claim after the season
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:41 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well my friends I'm suffering from draft fatigue. Going to throw a steak on the grill and watch a movie or something. Thanks all for the fun draft chat, banter and all the funny jokes. Was fun hanging out with you all here during quarantine.
Your welcome. But just remember, I don't have jokes. I'm quite a serious individual...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:04 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Who is the 5th LB after Bynes and the 3 draftees?

My bad, there were 4. Also add 1 CB as I had LeShaun Sims listed as LB not CB. 
Reply/Quote
I would like to see them sign Micheal Warren of the Bearcats if he is not drafted
Reply/Quote
Benito Jones still there
Reply/Quote
OT Alex Taylor hope we sign him.
Reply/Quote
Trey Adams is still undrafted after 243 picks....he's dropped really far. Is there an issue with him? I thought I heard him being projected as a mid round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:04 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Who is the 5th LB after Bynes and the 3 draftees?

ps they also signed a load of other corners to compete at the back end of the roster: that one from CFL (Rose?), Sims and Tony Brown a waiver claim after the season
Germaine Pratt
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rodney? I felt like they ran him to his grave in those two preseason games when he barely practiced and was coming off major injuries. I thought they moved to fast with him given his injury history.

He only played one game Wink

They literally sat him super long and many were saying that he should've gotten a few reps here and there, instead of sitting him and then throwing him to the wolves.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:20 PM)mon4078 Wrote: I would like to see them sign Micheal Warren of the Bearcats if he is not drafted

Is that the RB? Only got to see one Bearcat game last year where they lost big time to OSU?

Liked their RB and of course Deguara the TE who got drafted mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He only played one game Wink

They literally sat him super long and many were saying that he should've gotten a few reps here and there, instead of sitting him and then throwing him to the wolves.

I just think Rodney is sadly injury prone, sucks cause he is as smooth as silk when healthy.

Heard he is way ahead of schedule though this Offseason working his ass off.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:30 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Trey Adams is still undrafted after 243 picks....he's dropped really far. Is there an issue with him? I thought I heard him being projected as a mid round pick.

Injured.

He comes out last year, he's a 1st or 2nd rounder. Comes out this year, injuries kill him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Injured.

He comes out last year, he's a 1st or 2nd rounder. Comes out this year, injuries kill him.

Ah makes sense.  Thanks for the update.  Like FlemLo says all the time, little to no upside to not going pro right away.  Feel bad for the kid.
Reply/Quote