Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-25-2020, 06:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Why not my ex-wife said I have a doctorate in Being an Asshole.

Hmm.  Every time I go somewhere, I seem to run into at least one of your students.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Bailey low risk high reward. Don't rush him back, PUP him and ease him in.

Hopefully they learned from Anderson, who they ran until his wheels fell off when he needed to be brought back slow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same, nice post CCC.

It is pretty embarrassing when your Linebackers cannot cover or tackle. No more of this damn it. Whatever

Put a stop to it. Rock On  

I think its a strong step in the right direction.  The only issue I see at OL is actually in Burrow in comparison to Dalton.  Without a doubt, Burrow is a special player, but the one thing that Andy really excelled at was his release time.  He had one of the quickest releases in the NFL and I saw a stat a year or two ago about him being the most accurate QB with quick release passes.

This means that Dalton actually operates better behind a bad line than most of QBs, because the ball is out a lot of times before the pass rush can reach him.  Burrow is really strong at climbing the pocket, but if the interior has trouble blocking, it could put more of an eye on the problems we have at OL.  Hopefully Jonah and XFS are a good boost the line.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:41 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well my friends I'm suffering from draft fatigue.  Going to throw a steak on the grill and watch a movie or something.  Thanks all for the fun draft chat, banter and all the funny jokes.  Was fun hanging out with you all here during quarantine.

Later George, enjoy your steak on the grill brother. Cool 

(04-25-2020, 06:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Why not my ex-wife said I have a doctorate in Being an Asshole.

Hilarious
(04-25-2020, 06:44 PM)pally Wrote:

They make great points too and we don't even know about other moves that are being planned.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bailey low risk high reward. Don't rush him back, PUP him and ease him in.

Hopefully they learned from Anderson, who they ran until his wheels fell off when he needed to be brought back slow.

???

They sat him and limited his reps until the week he played.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:29 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: I hope we can also bring in Chris Orr UDFA

I think that's unlikely having drafted 3 LBers. Instead we've a ready made pitch for priority UDFA CBs, TEs and RBs: we haven't drafted anyone in this position so you'd be in pole position to claim a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:44 PM)pally Wrote:

That’s fair but we did add Su’a Filo and Prince along with Adeniji so in actual fact we added three linemen and four linebackers. Those were our glaring weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:45 PM)McC Wrote: Hmm.  Every time I go somewhere, I seem to run into at least one of your students.

You should see my advanced course in heavy breaking in a 45 speed limit.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:46 PM)pally Wrote:

Definitely a very positive vibe generated this offseason. I sense a marked improvement in standards for the upcoming season.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:47 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I think its a strong step in the right direction.  The only issue I see at OL is actually in Burrow in comparison to Dalton.  Without a doubt, Burrow is a special player, but the one thing that Andy really excelled at was his release time.  He had one of the quickest releases in the NFL and I saw a stat a year or two ago about him being the most accurate QB with quick release passes.

This means that Dalton actually operates better behind a bad line than most of QBs, because the ball is out a lot of times before the pass rush can reach him.  Burrow is really strong at climbing the pocket, but if the interior has trouble blocking, it could put more of an eye on the problems we have at OL.  Hopefully Jonah and XFS are a good boost the line.

With Dalton this also became a problem cause Defenses knew he was going to get the ball out fast.

I would rather have a QB that takes a sack once in awhile that knows how to manipulate a pocket and doesn't panic.

Plus it is not like Burrow has a slow release or anything, he is quick too.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:46 PM)pally Wrote:

Of course he is.  Joe being Joe.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think ZT and Co decided after enduring last season where the defense was putrid and we lost probably five game directly due to poor tackling that they were not having that happen again.

So far this offseason the defense has gotten:

1 DT
1 DE
1 Safety
3 CB
4 LB

I may have missed a player or 2 but noteworthy is all the new arrivals are good tacklers and on the new LBers 3 are considered good at pass coverage.
Reply/Quote
If Parnell motley isn’t picked, look for his name as udfa
Reply/Quote
Are we done? I need to mow the yard.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ???

They sat him and limited his reps until the week he played.

Rodney? I felt like they ran him to his grave in those two preseason games when he barely practiced and was coming off major injuries. I thought they moved to fast with him given his injury history.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With Dalton this also became a problem cause Defenses knew he was going to get the ball out fast.

I would rather have a QB that takes a sack once in awhile that knows how to manipulate a pocket and doesn't panic.

Plus it is not like Burrow has a slow release or anything, he is quick too.

That's a good point.  One read passes make you really vulnerable, and its certainly not a knock on Burrow, the kid is special!  I just hope he can possibly take a year of punishment without hurting him.  With that said, I think our line still needs help, but should be a lot better this year.  I think I'm just conditioned to think about all the worst cases at this point.  Its clear this team is taking the steps to become a good team, just takes a while to break old mindsets.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Are we done? I need to mow the yard.

We are done Harley, go mow the yard and bark at the neighbors that the Bengals nailed this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:41 PM)pally Wrote: now the UDFA fun begins...

I'd like Moss if he's not drafted.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:33 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Good draft overall but these last 3 picks were horrible, even controlling for the rounds in which they were made. It’s so frustrating. There were much better players in positions of need each time.
In your opinion...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote