Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2021, 07:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah he is dressed nice, I'll give him that. At least he's not dressed like an NBA player...

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mandatory.com%2Fass...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: cam-newton-hat-outfit.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We'd be united in our anger against the team for being stupid.

Except for those who side with the team. Ninja

Don't be confused by those of who have become numb or expect stupidity as the reason we go about our business regardless. Our lack of anger due being all used up on our Bengals a long time ago.

As for #5 overall pick, I like Pitts or Chase in that order if both available. Only reason is I think to win in 2021 we can still find a starting RT/G in round 2
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Trey Lance brought a Mini-Me
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I've got my Tim Horton's coffee and am ready for this thing to start.

Here's hoping for a ton of QBs, WRs (after the Bengals draft Chase), TEs, RBs, LBs, CBs, & Safeties to get drafted tonight.
Reply/Quote
Nobody cares but here are the guys I'm targeting for different reasons. They don't all fit our system, but they all fit my tastes. Wink :

QB: -
RB: Kenneth Gainwell (3/4), Trey Sermon (4/5), Rhamondre Stevenson (4/5), Jermar Jefferson (5/6)
WR: Rashod Bateman (1/2), Terrace Marshall (1/2), D'Wayne Eskridge (3/4), Cornell Powell (5/6), Simi Fehoko (5/6), Marlon Williams (7), Damonte Coxie (7)
TE: Tommy Tremble (3/4), Ben Mason (6/7; FB/TE), John Bates (7)
OT: Penei Sewell (1), Teven Jenkins (1), Spencer Brown (3/4), Brady Christensen (3/4), D'Ante Smith (4), Josh Ball (7), Drew Himmelman (UDFA)
IOL: Wyatt Davis (2), Creed Humphrey (2), Quinn Meinerz (3), David Moore (4), Sadarius Hutcherson (5/6), Robert Jones (5/6), Kayode Awosika (UDFA)
=
DT: Osa Odighizuwa (4), Bobby Brown III (4/5)
Edge: Jaelan Phillips (2), Gregory Rousseau (1/2), Jayson Oweh (2), Ronnie Perkins (2/3), Dayo Odeyingbo (3), Quincy Roche (3), Patrick Jones II (4), William Bradley-King (6), Malcolm Koonce (7)
LB: Micah Parsons (1), Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (1), Jamin Davis (2/3), Chazz Surratt (3/4), Derrick Barnes (4)
CB: Asante Samuel Jr (2), Eric Stokes (2), Paulson Adebo (3), Benjamin St. Juste (3/4), Ifeatu Melifonwu (3/4), Kary Vincent Jr (4/5), Shakur Brown (5), Shemar Jean-Charles (6/7), Nahshon Wright (UDFA)
S: Richie Grant (2), Jevon Holland (2), Divine Deablo (3/4), Talanoa Hufanga (4), Damar Hamlin (5/6)
K: Evan McPherson (7), Riley Patterson (UDFA)
P: -
LS: Ryan Langan (1), Camaron Cheeseman (1), Turner Bernard (1), Brett Dioguardi (1), Adam Bay (1) ... j/k lol

... So if anyone else becomes a star in this league, I can't complain bc I wouldn'ta picked them myself!

-

* Also, just for the record, I'd pursue the following positions:

OL * 2
WR * 2
DL * 2
Joker * 2 (one of these would probably be another OL, but not necessarily)

-

Enjoy the draft, y'all. Let's hope we come out of it with some studs.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
The NFL draft are my favorite three days of the year. Really excited for all of this!
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [*]

Like most analysis that's just opinion, but one thing is not:  Played football in 2020 when other top OTs chose not to.

I'll take that motivation 7 days a week 

The motivation to get paid? Yeah, that motivation only lasts until they are paid, so you won't see it again until contract year rolls around.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The motivation to get paid? Yeah, that motivation only lasts until they are paid, so you won't see it again until contract year rolls around.

Dude, Darrisaw is the only one that played for free this year 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
As long as we get that Florida kicker with our 6th or 7th rounders, I'll be okay with whatever happens in round 1.
Reply/Quote
Chase is who the Bengals are locked in on at pick #5.Atlanta will almost for sure take Pitts.After Chase they need to go O-line rds. 2&3.Rds.4-7,defense.It would not surprise me if they go O-line in second and third rounds.LG is most pressing need.Sewell is a true Tackle.Might be a little risky,trying to plug him in at Guard.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude, Darrisaw is the only one that played for free this year 

Dude, Darrisaw is the only one who NEEDED to play in order to be a 1st round pick. "Free"... lol... if he was a guaranteed top-10 pick (or even a guaranteed 1st round pick), he wouldn't have played in 2020. Instead he played, was first team ACC, and now is a fringe 1st rounder.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:03 PM)Yogo Wrote: As long as we get that Florida kicker with our 6th or 7th rounders, I'll be okay with whatever happens in round 1.

The two Florida kickers are pretty good I thought the Bengals take one the sixth round That's my prediction anyway
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I sort of feel sorry for Frank Pollack. I expect the Bengals to take an edge player and round two but I'm hoping they can resist this temptation and bring in back-to-back o-line.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [*]

So we need motivation like this guy:
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/penei-sewell/32005345-5747-8214-9180-519633263ceb
  • Scouts say work ethic needs to improve.
[*]

Cons by analysts are going to be cons and are mere speculation
[*]

On Bucky Brooks top 5 OT on he has Darrisaw at 3 and on this pros its Agressive and Finishes plays /w nastiness lol. It's on the NFL Network draft day ticker.

I dont see the doesnt finish plays deal and I've watched a ton of Darrisaw. Several plays he is blocking guys through the whistle like the play vs NC when hes pushing Chazz Surrat 15 yards down the field.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Mo Eggar had a good analogy on Wiilie Cunningham's show when asked about Chase vs Sewell. He said it like there's 2 supermodels, and you get first pick...I will be happy with whatever is left.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: Mo Eggar had a good analogy on Wiilie Cunningham's show when asked about Chase vs Sewell. He said it like there's 2 supermodels, and you get first pick...I will be happy with whatever is left.

Pretty much this
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:55 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Then just pick Darrisaw and call it a day.

Or Tucker. 

GB is the threat to take Chase. I can't see SF having enough ammo left if they turned down the 3OA+

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
For those interested Chase going under pick 5.5 was at -178 earlier today and is at -340 now.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:26 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: For those interested Chase going under pick 5.5 was at -178 earlier today and is at -340 now.

Well, we're more strongly linked to Chase. The Packers are now in play if they get the 3rd pick for Rodgers, and the Falcons have said Julio Jones is available.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote