Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
New wrinkle to all this.

Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. San Fran is on his wish list and they have interest.

If Green Bay gets pick 3 QB is not the pick with Jordan Love there.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Or maybe he knows he needs 2 guys in the draft given the current dearth of talent on the line.

This. 

1st rd OL
2nd rd OL
3rd rd WR (or OL if a good one slipped)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: New wrinkle to all this.

Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. San Fran is on his wish list and they have interest.

Why would Roger want out of Green Bay? Team has given him everything he wants.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: New wrinkle to all this.

Watch they will pick Chase, just to spite Rodgers. Makes our job easier though, just take Sewell or trade back and take Slater.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why would Roger want out of Green Bay? Team has given him everything he wants.

No clue but it is all over the sports channels and the web. He wants out and San Fran is on his wish list. 

Pick 3 would be a great start to the trade and really shakes up the draft.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not doubting the Bengals taking Sewell but I do doubt the rumors on which people in the organization want what.

For this to be true, ownership and Joe Burrow's preference of Chase would take a backseat to Zac Taylor's preference of Sewell, even though their OL coach (Pollack) has Slater rated higher.

Does Zac have that kind of pull?  "Hey, I know you, you and you all have this opinion on a certain player.  But I want this position taken instead, and I want this player who my newly hired OL coach can't even agree with me on."

If they're going Sewell then I gotta believe there's more people than Zac that have him as their #1 choice.
Up until today I was about 95%, certain it was chase but it was just a gut feeling and the Bengals and Mike Brown tend to like skilled position players over trenches but now I'm starting to wondering if they're using a smoke screen.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No clue but it is all over the sports channels and the web. He wants out and San Fran is on his wish list. 

Agree, but what else are they going to send Green Bay?  They really don't have any draft capital after the move up.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Up until today I was about 95%, certain it was chase but it was just a gut feeling and the Bengals and Mike Brown tend to like skilled position players over trenches but now I'm starting to wondering if they're using a smoke screen.

Its a tough decision either way for both fans and the team. We have a few serious needs but none more than OL. I think I'm going to be happy regardless as long as it's sewell, slater, chase or pitts.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why would Roger want out of Green Bay? Team has given him everything he wants.

There's been a lot of stuff brewing there for awhile.

Last year they traded up to take a QB in round 1 and drafted another running back in round 2.  They essentially drafted 2 backups.  This after basically running out of receivers the previous year because of injury and because Adams was only their real weapon.

They also haven't given him a new extension.  His roster bonuses have expired and there's no guaranteed money left on his deal.  The Packers also have an out after this season. 

I think the draft last year and the lack of commitment to him money wise have really soured things.  He's the reigning MVP and he's basically got  a 2 year 50 million dollar deal with 0 guarantees at this point.  Plus his got a big time prospect playing him behind him that's breathing down his neck.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No clue but it is all over the sports channels and the web. He wants out and San Fran is on his wish list. 

Yeah Schefter broke the story so there's definitely some truth to him wanting out. Probably from lack of input with draft and free agency would be my guess they take Love last year and probably aren't showing interest in his input this year. 

When I heard the news I was trying to think about a team with a decent roster that would be interested and make a run at a superbowl like Denver did with Manning and Tampa with Brady. I didn't think about San Fran. But that makes a ton of sense. I'd love the shock value of that trade. Not sure how it would affect us.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There's been a lot of stuff brewing there for awhile.

Last year they traded up to take a QB in round 1 and drafted another running back in round 2.  They essentially drafted 2 backups.  This after basically running out of receivers the previous year because of injury and because Adams was only their real weapon.

They also haven't given him a new extension.  His roster bonuses have expired and there's no guaranteed money left on his deal.  The Packers also have an out after this season. 

I think the draft last year and the lack of commitment to him money wise have really soured things.  He's the reigning MVP and he's basically got  a 2 year 50 million dollar deal with 0 guarantees at this point.  Plus his got a big time prospect playing him behind him that's breathing down his neck.

Respectfully, Love is developmental, and is nowhere near the current Aaron Rodgers. The Love pick was easily one of the dumbest, most baffling draft choices of the last 10 years. Rodgers has carried that roster for years. Gutekunst and the rest of the front office are stooges.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:35 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah Schefter broke the story so there's definitely some truth to him wanting out. Probably from lack of input with draft and free agency would be my guess they take Love last year and probably aren't showing interest in his input this year. 

When I heard the news I was trying to think about a team with a decent roster that would be interested and make a run at a superbowl like Denver did with Manning and Tampa with Brady. I didn't think about San Fran. But that makes a ton of sense. I'd love the shock value of that trade. Not sure how it would affect us.

Chase or Pitts at #3.

Although I'm not sure the 49ers have enough ammo to make that trade.  They gave up 2 more first rounders to move up.  I can't see them being able to give the Packers the value they need - unless they throw in a guy like Bosa.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:37 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Chase or Pitts at #3.

Although I'm not sure the 49ers have enough ammo to make that trade.  They gave up 2 more first rounders to move up.  I can't see them being able to give the Packers the value they need - unless they throw in a guy like Bosa.
Yeah I was trying to think who Green Bay would take. What if they just traded him for the #3 overall straight up then turned around and traded it to the highest bidder. That would be some crazy draft drama.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:42 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I was trying to think who Green Bay would take. What if they just traded him for the #3 overall straight up then turned around and traded it to the highest bidder. That would be some crazy draft drama.

I could see that, but I just can't see them giving up enough without parting with some of their key guys.

Now, a team that could do it would be either Miami or NY.  Both have the draft picks.  Miami is actually set up pretty good.
Reply/Quote
Just wondering. All the Team Chase fans, would you be okay or upset if we selected Smith or Waddle instead as our 1st round WR? Is there any difference among the Tier 1 WRs? Would you be just as happy?
Reply/Quote

Who's the last 1st RD WR they drafted for him? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:16 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Watch they will pick Chase, just to spite Rodgers. Makes our job easier though, just take Sewell or trade back and take Slater.

I am all but certain that if the Bengals trade back to try to take Slater, someone else will leapfrog the Bengals, take Slater a pick before them, and then the Bengals will be without Sewell, Chase, Pitts, OR Slater.

It's just the most Bengals situation ever, so I am sure it'll happen if they trade back.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I could see that, but I just can't see them giving up enough without parting with some of their key guys.

Now, a team that could do it would be either Miami or NY.  Both have the draft picks.  Miami is actually set up pretty good.
Yeah Miami has done some interesting things with trading players away that I really thought was gonna make them bad for long time. But they are really positioned very well looking ahead. They're only real question mark is what's Tua's ceiling. So yeah they could be a instant superbowl contender with Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am all but certain that if the Bengals trade back to try to take Slater, someone else will leapfrog the Bengals, take Slater a pick before them, and then the Bengals will be without Sewell, Chase, Pitts, OR Slater.

It's just the most Bengals situation ever, so I am sure it'll happen if they trade back.

Then just pick Darrisaw and call it a day.
Reply/Quote

GB gets routinely panned for not putting enough around Rogers to win championships.  The general feeling is Rogers should have more than just one ring.  
Reply/Quote