Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2021, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this thread is gonna have a melt down tonight

I don't understand why. If there's one draft where people shouldn't get mad at the pick, its this one. 

You're getting a premier player no matter what. Not fair to be mad at that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Wowzers! I can't believe the draft thread is up this early. 

Over/Under on #of posts before the first pick is called...     230

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 01:01 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Chase
Cosmi
Meinerz

This would be very nice!  
I am hoping we go Chase followed by this same philosophy of going OL back to back in 2 & 3.  I do suspect that we might have been smoke screening with the Chase stuff, and have been planning on Sewell.   Perhaps they see a higher likely-hood of someone trading up for Sewell and intentionally hinted at the Chase stuff to help prevent it from happening (just a draft conspiracy theory I've been considering lol.  I hope we indeed go with Chase and load up with at least two promising O-linemen henceforth).  
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 01:25 PM)Snapcount Wrote: Well, it is what it is..

In previous years I have taken "the next day" of, from work. But i forgot to ask for it, this year. Thankfully its only 10 minutes to my workplace.

Lets hope for sober minds i Bengals draftroom !

Yeah, have to roll with the punches brother. Cool

(04-29-2021, 01:27 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: But not those of us enjoying the draft from home or another establishment! Drunk

Yes sir. Still a ways to go, have to eat something then get my guacamole ready for my nachos and throw on some hot wings
and the brewskies will commence. Cheers

(04-29-2021, 01:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: You know you guys have like 8 hours.  

You all sound like my good friends from way back, who were all excited to party "Road Trip!", but petered out quickly as they passed out, drooling on their arms.  Wasted

I can hang in there lol  Wink
Reply/Quote
With the 5th pick in the 2021 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina.

Can you imagine the reaction on these boards??
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 02:58 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: With the 5th pick in the 2021 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina.

We'd be united in our anger against the team for being stupid.

Except for those who side with the team. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 02:58 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: With the 5th pick in the 2021 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina.

I love Horn but it would be Surtain II instead. 

Lets start polling team horn vs. team Surtain. Lalala
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 01:01 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Chase
Cosmi
Meinerz

I would party till dawn... and call off work

And I don't party
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this thread is gonna have a melt down tonight

I don't think so....now if they take neither of the three that have been discussed ad nauseum, then all bets are off. LoL.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 02:58 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: With the 5th pick in the 2021 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina.

Imagine when we pick Trey Lance lololol
Reply/Quote
I just laid $100 on the Bengals to draft Chase to win $80. Free money.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think so....now if they take neither of the three that have been discussed ad nauseum, then all bets are off. LoL.

Well one side or the other will melt down....

I dont think the Trade back crowd will either way. 

But i hope most reserve judgement till its all complete (but we know how that goes)
Reply/Quote
Is Joe in Cleveland to support Chase? Could be a cool moment.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well one side or the other will melt down....

I dont think the Trade back crowd will either way. 

But i hope most reserve judgement till its all complete (but we know how that goes)

I hear ya. I'm a firm believer in building the trenches, so Sewell is my pick. But if it's Chase or Pitts, I ain't mad either. These seem like 3 pretty damn good prospects. Hope the first round injury curse is broken.

Reply/Quote
If this is "the OFFICIAL 2021 NFL draft thread" do we get an official certificate of authenticity or not? Everyone knows if there's a piece of paper attached it can't be anything less than official.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: I hear ya. I'm a firm believer in building the trenches, so Sewell is my pick. But if it's Chase or Pitts, I ain't mad either. These seem like 3 pretty damn good prospects. Hope the first round injury curse is broken.

Right if we dont Grab OL in round 1 its not time to panic till we see what happens round 2 lol.

But yes i also believe if you have a solid OL and a solid DL that gives the skill players better chance to succeed.  to the point they dont all have to be superstars just quality.

personally im in the trade back crowd cuase it takes more than 1 top player it takes a team and we have a lot of holes to fill/upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is Joe in Cleveland to support Chase? Could be a cool moment.

According to what 'holic posted in the other thread, looks like he's throwing with Jordan Palmer in California.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: I hear ya. I'm a firm believer in building the trenches, so Sewell is my pick. But if it's Chase or Pitts, I ain't mad either. These seem like 3 pretty damn good prospects. Hope the first round injury curse is broken.

That's where I'm at. Firm beliver in building the trenches but they can't go wrong with any of those 3. That being said if the trenches aren't fixed over this weekend/off-season we have little hope for success. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:07 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: That's where I'm at. Firm beliver in building the trenches but they can't go wrong with any of those 3. That being said if the trenches aren't fixed over this weekend/off-season we have little hope for success. 

Abso-damn-lutely!

Reply/Quote
I think its a huge mistake not to go OL in first two rounds but I will be try to be hopeful with Chase and pray we get starting quality o linemen in 2 and 3.

No one on team Sewell doubts that Chase has Julio Jones potential.
Reply/Quote