Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
Take this with a grain of salt. People I respect follow this guy and said he is credible. I do not know him. WTS, this seems true at least at first glance, and this could be interesting tonight....

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did Dave Lapham give his pick yet? Isn't he right like 99% of the time?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Take this with a grain of salt.  People I respect follow this guy and said he is credible.  I do not know him.  WTS, this seems true at least at first glance, and this could be interesting tonight....

Albert Breer said there is a belief that Pollock went to almost every day 2 guys pro day because there was a strong belief it was Chase all day. 

...going to get interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Albert Breer said there is a belief that Pollock went to almost every day 2 guys pro day because there was a strong belief it was Chase all day. 

Or maybe he knows he needs 2 guys in the draft given the current dearth of talent on the line.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Take this with a grain of salt.  People I respect follow this guy and said he is credible.  I do not know him.  WTS, this seems true at least at first glance, and this could be interesting tonight....

Everything we've heard so far completely contradicts this. What Burrow said on Collinsworth podcast, what Tobin said at the presser. 

I don't believe this guy. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Albert Breer said there is a belief that Pollock went to almost every day 2 guys pro day because there was a strong belief it was Chase all day. 

If Pollock wants Slater, it seems he is out gunned.   If it is Sewell, and I am team Chase, He would make a devastating LG until he kicks outside.  A lot of people are going to be upset either way it seems.  

I also am "hearing" that Mike Brown is "leaning" Chase and that ultimately, Mike will make the final call.  

I guess it is about time for me to get quite Drunk.   Drunk
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Everything we've heard so far completely contradicts this. What Burrow said on Collinsworth podcast, what Tobin said at the presser. 

It could come down to a last minute decision is what it sounds like.  Interesting next few hours for sure.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It could come down to a last minute decision is what it sounds like.  Interesting next few hours for sure.  

Malik Wright just completely shot down that guys tweet. 
Reply/Quote
Are the Bengals actually using smoke screen?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Everything we've heard so far completely contradicts this. What Burrow said on Collinsworth podcast, what Tobin said at the presser. 

That was a little while ago.  Also, you can't believe anything a coach or GM says - especially when they don't have control over who is picking in front of them..

I fully expect to see some Chase, Sewell and outside offer rumors coming because there is so much talk about someone moving in front of the Bengals.  If the Falcons move out, who knows who will go at 4.  Hell, the Saints are trying to move up for Sewell,
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Pollock wants Slater, it seems he is out gunned.   If it is Sewell, and I am team Chase, He would make a devastating LG until he kicks outside.  A lot of people are going to be upset either way it seems.  

I also am "hearing" that Mike Brown is "leaning" Chase and that ultimately, Mike will make the final call.  

I guess it is about time for me to get quite Drunk.   Drunk

Insane that people are gonna be upset tonight, Pitts, Chase, Sewell, and even Slater would all be good picks. I lean Chase but I'd be fine with any of them, even Slater.

Unless we go crazy and draft a CB or Devonta Smith I'll be happy with one of the top 4 guys or a trade back.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 02:58 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: With the 5th pick in the 2021 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina.

Can you imagine the reaction on these boards??

Etienne  Ninja
Reply/Quote
I've been really wanting Sewell just because I think it's the best decision for our team and I feel it opens our draft a little better. But the last week I've kind of excepted that it will be Chase. Now hearing it might be Sewell my gut reaction is disappointment. But I'll be happy either way. I just don't want Pitts. So he'll probably be the pick.
Reply/Quote
Great teams are built with WRs and RBs first and then the lines.
Reply/Quote

Not a Rashawn Slater fan myself. He is a guy with a very low ceiling but a solid floor. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: According to what 'holic posted in the other thread, looks like he's throwing with Jordan Palmer in California.

Wasn’t sure if that was from today or not. Somebody posted a picture of Joe and Chase in suits and wasn’t sure.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
Lol Draft Network is doing an interview/workout segment with both Ja'Marr Chase and Penei Sewell cut together.

Seems tailor made for Bengals fans lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:42 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Great teams are built with WRs and RBs first and then the lines.

That's always been our motto!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

I'm not doubting the Bengals taking Sewell but I do doubt the rumors on which people in the organization want what.

For this to be true, ownership and Joe Burrow's preference of Chase would take a backseat to Zac Taylor's preference of Sewell, even though their OL coach (Pollack) has Slater rated higher.

Does Zac have that kind of pull?  "Hey, I know you, you and you all have this opinion on a certain player.  But I want this position taken instead, and I want this player who my newly hired OL coach can't even agree with me on."

If they're going Sewell then I gotta believe there's more people than Zac that have him as their #1 choice.
Reply/Quote
Beer in hand..... Waiting....

Reply/Quote