Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2021, 06:48 PM)Yogo Wrote: Just wondering.  All the Team Chase fans, would you be okay or upset if we selected Smith or Waddle instead as our 1st round WR?  Is there any difference among the Tier 1 WRs?  Would you be just as happy?
I'm not really a team Chase and I think Devonta Smith is gonna be a really good WR in the league. But if we go WR and Chase is there he's the pick. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who's the last 1st RD WR they drafted for him? 

Good point. 

(04-29-2021, 06:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: GB gets routinely panned for not putting enough around Rogers to win championships.  The general feeling is Rogers should have more than just one ring.  

As he should, but he plays a lot into that as well. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Either of these 3 and I’m happy Pitts, Chase or Sewell.
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr is wearing orange, black, and white shoes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:55 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Then just pick Darrisaw and call it a day.

Pass on the guy with academic and motivation issues, who had surgery in January.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pass on the guy with academic issues who had surgery in January.

Christian Darrisaw is potentially the best offensive tackle in the draft class. In his 3 years he has just over 1100 pass protection reps and gave up only 3 sacks and 1.5 of those came in his first game as a true freshman against one of the better NFL pass rushers Brian Burns. He has the second best PFF score ever behind Penei Sewell and he did it against NFL caliber competiton alot of guys you will see drafted this year and future top picks like Clemsons Myles Murphy. Believe it or not even with those numbers he is a better run blocker than pass blocker his Miami tape is a clinic on zone blocking... Also one of my favorite things about him is that he has 3 penalties over his last two seasons.

You can write him off because of high school academics which he went to a military academy and mentioned how it helped him grow up or a minor core muscle injury he played through and had surgery in the off-season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:48 PM)Yogo Wrote: Just wondering.  All the Team Chase fans, would you be okay or upset if we selected Smith or Waddle instead as our 1st round WR?  Is there any difference among the Tier 1 WRs?  Would you be just as happy?

Chase is BPA among the receivers.  His workout was great.  Smith has a weight question  Waddle coming off an injury.
Reply/Quote
[Image: B92065-ED-79-A3-4306-8-CEC-80-C21-B03-CE07.jpg]

Let the speculation begin
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pass on the guy with academic and motivation issues, who had surgery in January.

What is the motivation issue for the only top ranked OT that played football this year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this thread is gonna have a melt down tonight

I couldn't even enjoy my evening if I checked in... I only peek at the GameDay threads after the fact too. They're awful.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yeah it's a wrap. I think even the Sewell guys know Chase is probably the pick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: B92065-ED-79-A3-4306-8-CEC-80-C21-B03-CE07.jpg]

Let the speculation begin

Are those the new Generational shoes I keep hearing about?!?  Zoweee!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:20 PM)Goalpost Wrote:  Chase is BPA among the receivers.  His workout was great.  Smith has a weight question  Waddle coming off an injury.

So, not really drafting for the player's position, but for the player?

Tier 1 OTs Sewell
Tier 2 and below   everyone else

Tier 1 WRs Smith, Waddle, Chase
Tier 2 and below    everyone else

Smith and especially Waddle should be a good consolation prize if Chase is gone.
Reply/Quote
Probably just a statement that he wants to be with the best QB on the planet. Joey Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is the motivation issue for the only top ranked OT that played football this year?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/christian-darrisaw/32004441-5268-2260-1da4-71998bd16533

"...be as good as he wants to be."
"...who gives half-hearted effort securing down blocks..."
"His mirror can get a little lazy at times..."
" The low-burn field demeanor leads to inconsistencies in play..."
"

[*]Play can be much too nonchalant at times.

[*]Inexplicably lets opponents off the hook early rather than finishing them.

[*]Too reliant upon athleticism over technique.

[*]Lazy with hand placement on down blocks.

"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it's a wrap. I think even the Sewell guys know Chase is probably the pick.

IDK, but dude's looking sharp.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/christian-darrisaw/32004441-5268-2260-1da4-71998bd16533

"

"
[*]

Like most analysis that's just opinion, but one thing is not:  Played football in 2020 when other top OTs chose not to.

I'll take that motivation 7 days a week 

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IDK, but dude's looking sharp.

Yeah he is dressed nice, I'll give him that. At least he's not dressed like an NBA player...

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mandatory.com%2Fass...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/christian-darrisaw/32004441-5268-2260-1da4-71998bd16533

"

"
[*]
Sounds like a big drop off to miss on Sewell going down to late in Round 1 for this Tier 2 guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:45 PM)Yogo Wrote: [*]
Sounds like a big drop off to miss on Sewell going down to late in Round 1 for this Tier 2 guy.
[*]

So we need motivation like this guy:
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/penei-sewell/32005345-5747-8214-9180-519633263ceb
  • Scouts say work ethic needs to improve.

Cons by analysts are going to be cons and are mere speculation

Reply/Quote