Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
Get ready.....with the fifth overall pick the Bengals select....RILEY PATTERSON - Memphis!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Heard the Jags are going to take their whole 10 minutes...why? Because they can!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Christian Darrisaw is potentially the best offensive tackle in the draft class. In his 3 years he has just over 1100 pass protection reps and gave up only 3 sacks and 1.5 of those came in his first game as a true freshman against one of the better NFL pass rushers Brian Burns. He has the second best PFF score ever behind Penei Sewell and he did it against NFL caliber competiton alot of guys you will see drafted this year and future top picks like Clemsons Myles Murphy. Believe it or not even with those numbers he is a better run blocker than pass blocker his Miami tape is a clinic on zone blocking... Also one of my favorite things about him is that he has 3 penalties over his last two seasons.

You can write him off because of high school academics which he went to a military academy and mentioned how it helped him grow up or a minor core muscle injury he played through and had surgery in the off-season.

Not far up the road from me.  EVERY person I have known who went there was far from the brightest bulb and had a TON of issues, which is why they ended up there, but most turned out to be good people in the end.

(04-29-2021, 08:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dude, Darrisaw is the only one who NEEDED to play in order to be a 1st round pick. "Free"... lol... if he was a guaranteed top-10 pick (or even a guaranteed 1st round pick), he wouldn't have played in 2020. Instead he played, was first team ACC, and now is a fringe 1st rounder.

Doesn't Trevor Lawrence playing in 2020 negate that argument?  He was a guaranteed Top 5 1st round pick, but he still played.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Earl Bennett and Jay Cutler played together early on. Both of those guys were First Team All SEC together in 2005. Neither were studs in the NFL, but they did play together with the Bears.

I didn't know that thanks
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:38 PM)tms Wrote: I'm looking at your list again... so I guess Boomer and Chad never took a side, huh?  They have bigger platforms than anyone and they're not exactly shy with their opinions. I don't know what to make of that. It's interesting. 

Yeah I've yet to see anything from either of them, which is crazy. Maybe they just don't want any part of the "civil war".

(04-29-2021, 08:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Could Rodgers end up with the Broncos?

Wowzers. If they land Rodgers, people need to NEVER say a bad word about Elway again. That dude was able to land Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers within a few years of each other? 

(04-29-2021, 08:57 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Gotta love Rodgers petty revenge to take a dump all over the packers on draft day like the packers did to him last year. Admirable.

That does seem like something Rodgers would do. That's some serious "shade" right there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Get ready.....with the fifth overall pick the Bengals select....RILEY PATTERSON - Memphis!

[Image: BareDistantEnglishpointer-max-1mb.gif]
Reply/Quote
how is this for an interpretation?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 09:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not far up the road from me.  EVERY person I have known who went there was far from the brightest bulb and had a TON of issues, which is why they ended up there, but most turned out to be good people in the end.

Doesn't Trevor Lawrence playing in 2020 negate that argument?  He was a guaranteed Top 5 1st round pick, but he still played.

Lawrence wasn't able to be drafted last year, this is his first year of being draft eligible.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Get ready.....with the fifth overall pick the Bengals select....RILEY PATTERSON - Memphis!

With the 5th pick.....The Cincinnati Bengals take......Chad Ocho Cinco , Kicker, out of RETIREMENT!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:48 PM)Yogo Wrote: Just wondering.  All the Team Chase fans, would you be okay or upset if we selected Smith or Waddle instead as our 1st round WR?  Is there any difference among the Tier 1 WRs?  Would you be just as happy?

[Image: Ra8fea29aa67b531118d5443c12e590c3?rik=Q3...pid=ImgRaw]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 09:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Lawrence wasn't able to be drafted last year, this is his first year of being draft eligible.

But he could have sat out and still been a top 5 pick. 
Reply/Quote
Booger McFarland can kiss my butt.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 09:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Lawrence wasn't able to be drafted last year, this is his first year of being draft eligible.

So why'd he play this year? He NEEDED to?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Could Rodgers end up with the Broncos?

I'll believe when I see it. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 09:06 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Booger McFarland can kiss my butt.

Was he the idiot on ESPN saying will the Bengals commit draft malpractice?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 09:06 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: But he could have sat out and still been a top 5 pick. 

Top 1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:38 PM)tms Wrote: I'm looking at your list again... so I guess Boomer and Chad never took a side, huh?  They have bigger platforms than anyone and they're not exactly shy with their opinions. I don't know what to make of that. It's interesting. 

(04-29-2021, 09:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I've yet to see anything from either of them, which is crazy. Maybe they just don't want any part of the "civil war".

I could be wrong about this one (I know, you're all thinking that's not possible.  It does happen on occasion.  Not as frequently as Mike Brown wins post season games, but it happens.), but I thought early on Boomer was all aboard the Sewell train.  I thought he even referenced Munoz in comparison and talked about what that can do to benefit a young QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 09:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Was he the idiot on ESPN saying will the Bengals commit draft malpractice?

Something like that.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 09:04 PM)pally Wrote: how is this for an interpretation?

Patrick surtain
Reply/Quote
What the hell is taking so long All this pre-draft type my gosh I'm going to be brain dead
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote