Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2022, 12:36 AM)Whatever Wrote: Hill was often mocked to us in th draft forum.  Solid pick.  His versatility also means this pick isn't wasted if they can resign Bates.  However, now Bates and his agent can't leverage us into overpaying.

Yea, I think he was the most popular pick in the mock draft competition this past week. I like him a lot.
Reply/Quote
I think Hill is a good pic and I think Sweet Lou will find a spot for him, he runs at 4.3 40.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hill isn’t really a pure traditional safety like some are saying. The 3rd safety is more like it like someone just mentioned. He could be a Swiss Army knife on D but I wouldn’t pencil him in a bates replacement just yet. He’ll have a learning curve to get to that point. Moving positions if we do that. Many people who say they don’t want players moving positions with our first rounder love this pick which is amusing
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:36 AM)Whatever Wrote: Hill was often mocked to us in th draft forum. Solid pick. His versatility also means this pick isn't wasted if they can resign Bates. However, now Bates and his agent can't leverage us into overpaying.

Good point.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:38 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Who got the better between Hill and Cine?

I'd take Hill. He's a lot more versatile and Cine really benefitted from being on one of the best defenses in NCAAF history.
Reply/Quote
Can he return kicks?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:36 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yahoo Sports app?

Can watch all bengals games for free.

No commercials during draft so I don't have to wait for announcements.

Plus Chris Collinsworth is on there

NFL Live on Yahoo Sports gives you the ability to watch local in-market games and primetime national games.  I can already do that without the app.  Plus Chris Collinsworth annoys the hell out of me as an announcer.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
If we were gonna go secondary need anyway i would’ve went TE. What else does Dax do that’ll get him on the field because he’s not playing safety on a team with Vonn Bell and Jessie Bates. I loved the stuff about him possibly being the best nickel CB in the draft. That kinda makes me feel like we’ll be using him specifically on tight ends or we’ll have the flexibility to put Hilton on troublesome TEs and have this kid guard slot WRs while also keeping a S on the field who in theory is a solid tackler
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I thought the giants, jets and ravens had great 1st rounds (each had 2 picks and got great value). Actually the jets had 3 picks didn’t they? Giants were my favorite though getting an edge and possibly the top OT in the draft. Honorable mention to Detroit, but the acl on the wideout makes me nervous—if not for that he’s the best wr in the draft though (along with top de in class).

I love the value cincy got with hill. Great addition to the secondary and a replacement for bates if we can’t re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:42 AM)Housh Wrote: If we were gonna go secondary need anyway i would’ve went TE. What else does Dax do that’ll get him on the field because he’s not playing safety on a team with Vonn Bell and Jessie Bates. I loved the stuff about him possibly being the best nickel CB in the draft. That kinda makes me feel like we’ll be using him specifically on tight ends or we’ll have the flexibility to put Hilton on troublesome TEs and have this kid guard slot WRs while also keeping a S on the field who in theory is a solid tackler

Bengals played 3 safeties a lot with Bates, Bell, and Allen.  He will move into the Allen role.  Plus he can play nickel.  He'll see plenty of play.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wanted a corner but I guess we couldn't pass on the value there, especially with Hill's versatility.

He's lightning fast and a playmaker, which is what we need.

I'm wondering if we use this as leverage for Bell or Bates or if we trade one of them, preferably for a solid center? I know that we play three safeties a lot, but center's still a huge need.

Or trade one to get another pick but earlier in two to take Jurgen.
Reply/Quote
Warming up to the pick the more I read on him. Very versatile piece in the back end of the D. Lots of picks left to address DT, TE, Oline depth.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:39 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Hill isn’t really a pure traditional safety like some are saying. The 3rd safety is more like it like someone just mentioned. He could be a Swiss Army knife on D but I wouldn’t pencil him in a bates replacement just yet. He’ll have a learning curve to get to that point. Moving positions if we do that. Many people who say they don’t want players moving positions with our first rounder love this pick which is amusing

He'll have a year to perform a position switch(if he is indeed going to replace Bates), though.  That's a lot different than expecting the kid to switch as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:42 AM)Housh Wrote: If we were gonna go secondary need anyway i would’ve went TE. What else does Dax do that’ll get him on the field because he’s not playing safety on a team with Vonn Bell and Jessie Bates. I loved the stuff about him possibly being the best nickel CB in the draft. That kinda makes me feel like we’ll be using him specifically on tight ends or we’ll have the flexibility to put Hilton on troublesome TEs and have this kid guard slot WRs while also keeping a S on the field who in theory is a solid tackler

I think they put him at corner, probably competing with Apple. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:38 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Who got the better between Hill and Cine?

Hill has more upside this year for sure. Long term a toss up
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Wanted a corner but I guess we couldn't pass on the value there, especially with Hill's versatility.

I'm wondering if we use this as leverage for Bell or Bates or if we trade one of them, preferably for a solid center? I know that we play three safeties a lot, but center's still a huge need.

Thought we already had a solid center now.
Reply/Quote

Have to get back to you in a couple of years, Cine will be starting right away most likely. Where we can play with Hill and let him develop
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Wanted a corner but I guess we couldn't pass on the value there, especially with Hill's versatility.

The only chance Karras was moving from C was if Linderbaum fell to us.  They didn't declare him the starting C and cut Hopkins just to actively try to move him.  If they want competition for Carman, they'll just draft a LG.
Reply/Quote
We just drafted John Ross 2.0
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:56 AM)scottyd33 Wrote: We just drafted John Ross 2.0

How long you been an OSU fan? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote