Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-16-2021, 06:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trib is a FA. I guess he'll compete with Foles

I think the report is he's going to be the new starter. He's better than Foles, but I think bears draft QB early to be the eventual replacement
(03-16-2021, 06:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Honestly, I had horse blinders on in legal tampering thing. Like many, you just want to see Burrow protected this year. Last year was like watching your wife raped over and over while the authorities were present and did nothing about it while you were chained to a post as Burrow got repeatedly slammed to the ground. Yeah, I think I explained that right.

My wife? Which one? My "official wife", the one I never actually divorced 35 years ago could go ahead and have all those nasty things done to her and I'd probably take a nap.. You gotta be more specific here..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Wilson's deal is 2 yrs - 4.625m
(03-16-2021, 06:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Wilson's deal is 2 yrs - 4.625m

Damn, that's even better.

(03-16-2021, 07:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Wow. They still have plenty of space to keep adding.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Looks like Mackensie going back to the Vikings
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reiter is 29
Hudson is 31
Andrews is 29
Turner is 27
Reiff is 32
Beachum is 32
Wagner is 31
Carpenter is 31

They always go for the young guys to grow with the young guns of the team. So, my prediction will be either Turner gets signed or Andrews/Reiter at C. Let's see what happens.
(03-16-2021, 06:23 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It’s Foles job to lose then

which he has done a great job at in his career.. Dalton will stream roll him.. actually Foles will probably get hurt breaking the huddle... Hilarious
(03-16-2021, 05:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Bengals can sign Hudson (Center) and maybe Samuel (WR),
I agree, those two signings would satisfy me, as far as the Bengals doing a good job in free agency.  (nevermind the fact that they were tone deaf, while all of the player's agents were "feeling out" teams for deals, prior to the onset of the 'legal tampering" period)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
We all know they need oline upgrades. That being said, they still need a LB, especially if Bynes isn’t in their plans.

LB:

Hopefully they make a play for Kwon Alexander? I know Duffner wanted him a couple years ago. Maybe Hendrickson can convince him (former teammates)? I’d love to see the other Alexander back too, but I’m sure with Hilton And Awuzie, McKenzie won’t be returning. Hope they can find a way.

WR:

Not sure how Perriman did with the Jets last season, but he had a nice finish with the Bucs in 2019. I love the idea of Samuel. Anyone else out there?

TE:

Maybe Eifert? Cethan Carter gone.

Came here to hype Kwon posted more than I planned. Lol
(03-16-2021, 07:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Wow. They still have plenty of space to keep adding.

Now if Mikey gets that stimulus check 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Why do you guys even think we will look at Center? We have Hopkins and Price, sorry but this team considers that plenty. When since we had Rich B did we have an option better than Hopkins. Yes, I know he's injured, but this is the Bengals.

Our hope is that they improve our line with Guards and Tackles. I suspect they draft a tackle in round 1 and sign 1 additional mid tier guard in free agency and maybe draft another. That is the Bengals definition of aggressive. Anything more than that and I'll eat my hat.
(03-16-2021, 06:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Would you bet your life on that? LOL, I know, I hope too but damn, the hope trough has been pretty dry the last 30yrs.

Wouldn't bet my life on it but still highly doubt we don't add at least a Guard...

FA starts tomorrow and there are tons of dudes out there to pick up.

(03-16-2021, 06:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 51z7xp.jpg]

Hilarious

You are great Dog LMAO!!!
I have my doubts anyone signs Trubisky. And if Chicago actually pays attention to their OL Andy will prosper.
(03-16-2021, 08:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have my doubts anyone signs Trubisky. And if Chicago actually pays attention to their OL Andy will prosper.

Their OL has to be better than Dallas’ was last year.

I’d probably start Dalton during the regular season, and then go to Foles in the playoffs if they make it. Tongue

(03-16-2021, 07:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now if Mikey gets that stimulus check 

LMAO!!!
(03-16-2021, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their OL has to be better than Dallas’ was last year.

I’d probably start Dalton during the regular season, and then go to Foles in the playoffs if they make it. Tongue

How did Dallas go from one of the best Olines in history to what they have now. Did Pauly destroy the Oline in the short time he was there?
(03-16-2021, 08:35 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How did Dallas go from one of the best Olines in history to what they have now. Did Pauly destroy the Oline in the short time he was there?

Injuries and Travis Frederick retiring.

(03-16-2021, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their OL has to be better than Dallas’ was last year.

Was thinking the same thing. Dalton would be better in the regular season but Foles has shown he can be clutch 
in the big games unlike Andy. Always disliked the Cowboys though so would tell them to do the opposite lol