Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
Free agency is likely to turnout as a wash except for Fred's point about the DT we signed from Browns. I hope that guy is as good as Fred says.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-31-2021, 10:11 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Free agency is likely to turnout as a wash except for Fred's point about the DT we signed from Browns. I hope that guy is as good as Fred says.

I strongly disagree. Geno stunk in 2021 and cost up a lot of money. Green stunk in 2021 and cost us 18 million we could used on 2 high caliber starting guards. Hilton grades out much better than Alexander. I look at Waynes as the Jackson replacement (not FA, but did not play a snap). Thhe Dallas CB is better than Phillips. The Cleveland DT is better than Geno and we get Reader back.

Reiff is better than Hart.

I hope they trade for Ertz, that would make my off season with a great draft.

i also hope they trade/Restructure/cut Gio (in that order) to get more cap space to use on Ertz or true starting guard.

To me, not a wash, but we still have a long way to go to compete in the AFCN.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(03-31-2021, 10:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I strongly disagree. Geno stunk in 2021 and cost up a lot of money. Green stunk in 2021 and cost us 18 million we could used on 2 high caliber starting guards. Hilton grades out much better than Alexander. I look at Waynes as the Jackson replacement (not FA, but did not play a snap). Thhe Dallas CB is better than Phillips. The Cleveland DT is better than Geno and we get Reader back.

Reiff is better than Hart.

I hope they trade for Ertz, that would make my off season with a great draft.

i also hope they trade/Restructure/cut Gio (in that order) to get more cap space to use on Ertz or true starting guard.

To me, not a wash, but we still have a long way to go to compete in the AFCN.

Well first, we all know the Bengals front office and trades...they don't happen.  So any fantasy of Ertz coming to Cincy you best set your expectations for Uzomah and Sample.  Just sayin.  

As far as the upgrades, you mention all the people that stunk last year.  However, yea we brought in Henderickson and his sacks, but unless we get the dude some help on the other side he'll end up with 4 or 5 sacks just like Lawson with less pressure.   I think that was a true even trade off and possibly even a loss with losing Lawson. 

Alexander had a great year last year in the games he played for Cincy.  He was playing with a MUCH less talented defense.  Is it possible that Hilton looked great because the Steelers usually have a very good defense?  Whens the last time you could say the same for Cincy?  When Zimmer was here?  So 2017.....

In my opinion, the talent that was here when Taylor and team came into Cincy wasn't bad.  It just wasn't utilized property.   Andy Dalton, AJ Green, didnt go to trash over night.  They didnt fit Taylor's scheme and he refused to adjust his scheme to his players. 

So he's gotten rid of pretty much the hole time Pre-2019 and brought in new people that fit his scheme offensively and defensively. 

If he doesnt win this year because this is HIS team.  This is HIS scheme and THIS is the year he best prove it or his ass should be out the door with Lou.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Okay. Daniels and then Bledsoe fills out the depth chart a bit.
(03-31-2021, 12:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: Okay. Daniels and then Bledsoe fills out the depth chart a bit.

Still would love to see a Melvin Ingram or Kerrigan signing to give more then just depth to the DL.

Those guys bring some much needed pass rushing experience and success.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(03-31-2021, 03:40 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL. Did I hit a sore spot? Well then, by that measure, if I can't DISAGREE with their opinions then you can't disagree with mine.

They do indeed watch a lot more football than me . . . You are absolutely right about that.  But I watch more Bengals than they do. I don't have to take on a bunch of games, whether I want to watch them or not, try to evaluate every position and have my reports available for all games by Tuesday. It cracks me up when people get all bent out of shape or super hyped on some National sports broadcaster that has way more to cover than one team or sport. 

And I don't like watching sports that are ruled by judges. College Football Rankings, boxing, figure skating, gymnastics, diving and ski jumping. PFF isn't based off of stats, they're based on opinions on what they feel the player should have done on the play. Sometimes coaches tell players to do different things or make adjustments on certain plays and there is no way PFF knows that. If you want to use them as a be all, end all, go for it. Just don't get so pissy when someone questions an opinion that isn't even your own.

The section in red is completely wrong. I already touched on that and even posted the link, more than once. 

The stuff in black is hyperbole and completely wrong.
1. No
2. You can disagree with any opinion all day. It's what message boards were designed for. Disagreeing and dismissing are two completely different things. 
3. No you don't. Unless you watch every single play of ever single game, several times, they watch more Bengals football than a Bengals fan watches Bengals football. You have no idea how many people they have working for them so you don't know if they even have to watch more than one team on any given week.
4. They have an assload of stats and they have an opinion-based grading system that's predicated on a mathmatical equation, just like a QB ranking has. They probably (likely) have more raw statistics than any other sports website out there.
5. I've never, and no one ever should, use them as a "be all, end all". That's just a stupid catchphrase that people throw around when they're being all hyperbolic.
6. Don't flatter yourself.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(03-31-2021, 01:30 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Still would love to see a Melvin Ingram or Kerrigan signing to give more then just depth to the DL.

Those guys bring some much needed pass rushing experience and success.

Same here, one of Ingram or Kerrigan and I am extremely happy with this FA. Last missing piece is one more End IMO.

Doubt there are any Guards out there that would be an upgrade over Spain and XSF.
(03-31-2021, 03:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The section in red is completely wrong. I already touched on that and even posted the link, more than once. 

The stuff in black is hyperbole and completely wrong.
1. No
2. You can disagree with any opinion all day. It's what message boards were designed for. Disagreeing and dismissing are two completely different things. 
3. No you don't. Unless you watch every single play of ever single game, several times, they watch more Bengals football than a Bengals fan watches Bengals football. You have no idea how many people they have working for them so you don't know if they even have to watch more than one team on any given week.
4. They have an assload of stats and they have an opinion-based grading system that's predicated on a mathmatical equation, just like a QB ranking has. They probably (likely) have more raw statistics than any other sports website out there.
5. I've never, and no one ever should, use them as a "be all, end all". That's just a stupid catchphrase that people throw around when they're being all hyperbolic.
6. Don't flatter yourself.

LOL!

OK. Definitely not pissy. Got it. Keep paying for someone else's opinion.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(03-31-2021, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, one of Ingram or Kerrigan and I am extremely happy with this FA. Last missing piece is one more End IMO.

Doubt there are any Guards out there that would be an upgrade over Spain and XSF.

Not sure  who might be cut from teams after the draft that would be a fit, but I suspect everyone is waiting at this point until after at this point.  Players can command more from teams that missed the position in the draft.  Teams can sign without losing compensatory picks.   
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/william-jackson-iii-takes-shot-at-bengals-and-fan-base-during-interview
(03-31-2021, 06:14 PM)sloSTI Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/william-jackson-iii-takes-shot-at-bengals-and-fan-base-during-interview

Ehh what else is new, but I’ll always remember WJIII for just letting Leveon Bell just scooch on by him in the sideline in his first year or so. He was good, but not worth breaking the bank for. The only one really worth keeping in the Secondary right now for big money is Bates.
(03-31-2021, 06:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Ehh what else is new, but I’ll always remember WJIII for just letting Leveon Bell just scooch on by him in the sideline in his first year or so. He was good, but not worth breaking the bank for. The only one really worth keeping in the Secondary right now for big money is Bates.

I actually forgot about that play until you mentioned it
(03-31-2021, 06:14 PM)sloSTI Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/william-jackson-iii-takes-shot-at-bengals-and-fan-base-during-interview

He went to arguably the only team with worse ownership than us. Good luck with all that. Lol

I agree that we've got some ******* fans among us, but the real reason we aren't winning is we have a janky coaching staff, and we've drafted several busts and overrated scrubs like William Jackson over the past 5-6 years. Good riddance to that overpaid, injury prone brick hands.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-31-2021, 06:30 PM)jason Wrote: I agree that we've got some ******* fans among us, but the real reason we aren't winning is we have a janky coaching staff, and we've drafted several busts and overrated scrubs like William Jackson over the past 5-6 years. Good riddance to that overpaid, injury prone brick hands.

I think that it's safe to say that he had more head scratching plays as a Bengal than he had "Wow!" moments.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(03-31-2021, 06:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He went to arguably the only team with worse ownership than us. Good luck with all that. Lol

With the worst named team in football at the moment...

Lets take Kerrigan out from under them please.
(03-31-2021, 11:14 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Well first, we all know the Bengals front office and trades...they don't happen.  So any fantasy of Ertz coming to Cincy you best set your expectations for Uzomah and Sample.  Just sayin.  

As far as the upgrades, you mention all the people that stunk last year.  However, yea we brought in Henderickson and his sacks, but unless we get the dude some help on the other side he'll end up with 4 or 5 sacks just like Lawson with less pressure.   I think that was a true even trade off and possibly even a loss with losing Lawson. 

Alexander had a great year last year in the games he played for Cincy.  He was playing with a MUCH less talented defense.  Is it possible that Hilton looked great because the Steelers usually have a very good defense?  Whens the last time you could say the same for Cincy?  When Zimmer was here?  So 2017.....

In my opinion, the talent that was here when Taylor and team came into Cincy wasn't bad.  It just wasn't utilized property.   Andy Dalton, AJ Green, didnt go to trash over night.  They didnt fit Taylor's scheme and he refused to adjust his scheme to his players. 

So he's gotten rid of pretty much the hole time Pre-2019 and brought in new people that fit his scheme offensively and defensively. 

If he doesnt win this year because this is HIS team.  This is HIS scheme and THIS is the year he best prove it or his ass should be out the door with Lou.  

PFF disagrees with your lack of facts and using only your eye test. Hilton graded much higher than Alexander, in fact not close. They don't grade guys based on the team or coach they play for, that would be fan perspective/opinion.

Green was never healthy for ZT until 2021, sadly he looked like an old WR on his last legs. I hope AJ rebounds, but AJ was not AJ om 2021. I am sure PFF agrees.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats

I get a sense Anarumo isn’t well respected by his players. When I read Dunlop found out he had been demoted to 3rd string by Anarumo posting the depth chart rather than face to face it indicated to me Anarumo lacks leadership and people skills to handle veterans. It was a chicken shit move by a leader too afraid to have an uncomfortable conversation with a subordinate.
(03-31-2021, 06:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With the worst named team in football at the moment...

Lets take Kerrigan out from under them please.

I kinda like the whole generic Football Team thing. It took awhile, but it's grown on me. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, and what their new unis will look like though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021