Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
(01-14-2020, 12:56 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Bo Callahan... ?

Between your avatar and this post, I have coffee spit all over my computer... LMAO  Reading these the morning after is comedic gold.  I can't stop laughing  but yours was the best
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s where I am too.  Joe Burrow is the 2020 version of Carson Palmer but do you remember who was the second pick in 2003?  Eric Steinbach.  There are lots of great offensive line free agents available this offseason, too.

Joseph Thuney, RG, FA from the Pats...one of the best Guards in the NFL and from Centerville!  Was on my daughter's first soccer team (coed).  He wasn't bigger than the other kids at 5, but wow...

Sign him and Littleton before the draft, then get Joe, a RT, some help at safety (Shawn Williams sucks azz), and this team will be competitive overnight.  49ers showed it can be done, and the necessity of those two FA is the penalty for some horrible draft mistakes (Ced, Fish, Price).  You might have to overpay them a bit, but without Dalton's contract on the books (and hopefully, Dre Kirkpatrick's) they can absolutely afford them and AJ Green's new deal.  
Reply/Quote
PFF just posted TDs in 2019:

Bengals: 28
Joe Burrow: 65

LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That won’t happen.  Mike Brown wouldn’t take nine picks in 1999 and he won’t take any offers now.  The Bengals will get Joe Burrow.

I'm just worried that he'll find a way to screw this up.
Reply/Quote
Steelers already worried.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/gm-report/joe-burrow-pressure-steelers-future
Reply/Quote
Draft 1 OL, Draft 1 LB, acquire 2 LB and 2 OL. Draft WRs & TEs and we have a winning team. OF Course BuRROW first.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:32 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Steelers already worried.

The squeelers are already scheming for BUrrow's knee.  Rant
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:19 AM)J24 Wrote: Guys I say this in all seriousness we have our Lebron.

I thought you said in all seriousness? Lebron is a total D-bag and Burrow is humble as hell. Just stop
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:32 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Steelers already worried.

Great stuff! I have to quote this part of the article because it’s so damn true:

The difference maker is his swagger. It's something the Cincinnati Bengals have been missing for years. They had it with Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson. A.J. Green and Joe Mixon carry some of it, but need a quarterback to complete it. Joe Burrow brings "I can beat anyone" mentality - exactly what Cincy needs to put it all together.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great stuff! I have to quote this part of the article because it’s so damn true:

The difference maker is his swagger. It's something the Cincinnati Bengals have been missing for years. They had it with Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson. A.J. Green and Joe Mixon carry some of it, but need a quarterback to complete it. Joe Burrow brings "I can beat anyone" mentality - exactly what Cincy needs to put it all together.

Yep. 100%
Reply/Quote
Please, please, PLEASE beef up the O-line if we draft this kid. Add an extra TE or whatever, just protect your goddamn investment.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:58 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Please, please, PLEASE beef up the O-line if we draft this kid. Add an extra TE or whatever, just protect your goddamn investment.

We literally just drafted the best blocking TE in college last year lol

If Jonah lives up to the hype, and Fred Johnson continues to impress, that’s a damn good start.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 11:12 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: ACC defenses suck BIG 10 and SEC are only conferences that play real defense.

Clemson's defense is the real deal. Has been for a few years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 10:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh you think I jynxed him? lol

Well...he did get dinged by that caveman towards the end of the half. It could have been catastrophic if i hadn't intervened.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:01 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Clemson's defense is the real deal. Has been for a few years.

Yep. They’re nasty. Most QB’s would have wilted under all that pressure last night.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 11:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Remember how people here kept saying LSU has a “great OL” lol

They do, but Clemson is loaded on defense, and deep on the front line. Very deep. Venable is a great DC too, there is a reason they paid him huge money to stay in Death Valley. 

Burrow is legit, absolutely no question, but LSU is a good football team all around as well.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. They’re nasty. Most QB’s would have wilted under all that pressure last night.

A lot of them have....lol. What I watched all season of Burrow was confirmed last night. Good show. Now we just need this bumbling franchise to help him out just a little, and we might be on to bigger and better things. Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:09 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: They do, but Clemson is loaded on defense, and deep on the front line. Very deep. Venable is a great DC too, there is a reason they paid him huge money to stay in Death Valley. 

Burrow is legit, absolutely no question, but LSU is a good football team all around as well.

Their OL is absolutely NOT “great.” Look up the numbers if you don’t believe me. They were middle of the pack all season, and Burrow was pressured A LOT.

So many of his big plays come from him buying time for his WR’s and extending plays himself.

Reply/Quote
To recap:

Clemson's defense had average 10 points allowed all season.

Joe Burrow, with cracked ribs, scored 6 TDs on them.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Big Boss Wrote: To recap:

Clemson's defense had average 10 points allowed all season.

Joe Burrow, with cracked ribs, scored 6 TDs on them.

And Chase dropped an absolute perfect pass or it would have been 7!

Reply/Quote