Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
Look I know it hurts all the haters, but regardless of the team owner, the offensive line, or any other land mines. We won the lotto this year with a guy who is on pace to be a generational talent. So my hater blinders are now engaged and I will enjoy the fact that my guy is the best college QB of all time and our team is drafting him.

[Image: stickers-cute-dog-in-sunglasses-drink-cocktail.jpg.jpg]

"I Drink Your Milkshake"

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Big Boss Wrote: To recap:

Clemson's defense had average 10 points allowed all season.

Joe Burrow, with cracked ribs, scored 6 TDs on them.

(01-14-2020, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Chase dropped an absolute perfect pass or it would have been 7!

He had cracked ribs?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:23 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He had cracked ribs?

I didn’t hear that. They were certainly bruised at least.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: why was that honoree guy wearing shades at night? he go blind? the IRS after him?

"Honoree guy"? Son, that is the one and only Earl Campbell. Watch his highlight reels, he can wear whatever he wants, wherever and whenever he wants!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:23 PM)Okeana Wrote: Look I know it hurts all the haters, but regardless of the team owner, the offensive line, or any other land mines.  We won the lotto this year with a guy who is on pace to be a generational talent.  So my hater blinders are now engaged and I will enjoy the fact that my guy is the best college QB of all time and our team is drafting him.  

[Image: stickers-cute-dog-in-sunglasses-drink-cocktail.jpg.jpg]

"I Drink Your Milkshake"

Surely even Mikey can't eff this up!

Reply/Quote
I hope he decides to go with #9 on his jersey so I can repurpose my Palmer jersey.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else disappointed in Trevor Lawrence's post-game attitude? A typical front runner who has had everything go his way in life and he acted like a 15-year-old girl talking to her parents. I think he got really exposed in this game and I would rather have Burrow or Tua any day over that guy.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:01 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Clemson's defense is the real deal. Has been for a few years.

That was my biggest takeaway. I hate listening to the Venables hype-train during the flagship broadcast (so much that I watched the coach film room broadcast from the 2nd quarter until the Lawrence fumble). But he is the DC who throws the most NFL-comparable pressure and coverages at an offense; and does it with NFL-ready talent at his disposal. They may not be THE top defense, but there’s probably not another defense you’d choose for one shot in a National championship game

Burrow looked a little baffled in the first quarter (even though I think the 2 drive starts inside the 10 didn’t help). But by the time Burrow led the drives through the middle to end of the 3rd quarter and the drive that ran the clock down to under 7 minutes left in the game, Venables’ defensive calls looked like he was just guessing. Burrow had completely, deliberately, decisively, and precisely picked apart the best situational defense in the country.

Burrow was throwing the haymakers and he did look cold-blooded. Tell me you don’t want that in the huddle. He passed the eye test for me in the Alabama game, but he reinforced it in the NCG. Who-Dey.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: Anyone else disappointed in Trevor Lawrence's post-game attitude?  A typical front runner who has had everything go his way in life and he acted like a 15-year-old girl talking to her parents.  I think he got really exposed in this game and I would rather have Burrow or Tua any day over that guy.

It'll be concerning if he still behaves that way his senior year.  Can't fault a sophomore for getting caught up in his emotions.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I couldn't sleep last night after watching the game, it may have been my ABV, or the fact we hit the lottery this year. I love Andy Dalton, he is a great guy, a family man. Spent half my life watching him, I hope he goes to a better franchise and does great things. Just not as great as whatever we do of course.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: Anyone else disappointed in Trevor Lawrence's post-game attitude? A typical front runner who has had everything go his way in life and he acted like a 15-year-old girl talking to her parents. I think he got really exposed in this game and I would rather have Burrow or Tua any day over that guy.

I know you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover and all, but just look at the kid...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:35 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It'll be concerning if he still behaves that way his senior year.  Can't fault a sophomore for getting caught up in his emotions.  

He hasn't lost since high school, went 26-0 since his freshman year. He is the real deal. He is my age, and if I had the opportunity to possibly go undefeated in college, 3 national titles, I would be butthurt after the game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:34 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: That was my biggest takeaway.  I hate listening to the Venables hype-train during the flagship broadcast (so much that I watched the coach film room broadcast from the 2nd quarter until the Lawrence fumble).  But he is the DC who throws the most NFL-comparable pressure and coverages at an offense; and does it with NFL-ready talent at his disposal.  They may not be THE top defense, but there’s probably not another defense you’d choose for one shot in a National championship game

Burrow looked a little baffled in the first quarter (even though I think the 2 drive starts inside the 10 didn’t help).  But by the time Burrow led the drives through the middle to end of the 3rd quarter and the drive that ran the clock down to under 7 minutes left in the game, Venables’ defensive calls looked like he was just guessing.  Burrow had completely, deliberately, decisively, and precisely picked apart the best situational defense in the country.  

Burrow was throwing the haymakers and he did look cold-blooded.  Tell me you don’t want that in the huddle.  He passed the eye test for me in the Alabama game, but he reinforced it in the NCG.  Who-Dey.

I've wanted Burrow since about midseason, last night just reinforced it.

That said, yeah, I think Clemson is the best defense in college football. They just played the best offense last night. Wink

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their OL is absolutely NOT “great.” Look up the numbers if you don’t believe me. They were middle of the pack all season, and Burrow was pressured A LOT.

So many of his big plays come from him buying time for his WR’s and extending plays himself.

Yeah, not great, but still good. You don't play in the SEC and win games without a good one...."them's just facts".

Burrow is great in the pocket though.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: Anyone else disappointed in Trevor Lawrence's post-game attitude? A typical front runner who has had everything go his way in life and he acted like a 15-year-old girl talking to her parents. I think he got really exposed in this game and I would rather have Burrow or Tua any day over that guy.

Well, he certainly looks the part...
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:27 PM)Earendil Wrote: I hope he decides to go with #9 on his jersey so I can repurpose my Palmer jersey.

Yeah, even though the jerseys are different (slightly) now, I may do this as well.

Can we just order a nameplate online or does it have to be done at PBS? (keep in mind, I'm in Canada!)
Reply/Quote
What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. Joe Burrow scores 6 touchdowns.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:38 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: He hasn't lost since high school, went 26-0 since his freshman year. He is the real deal. He is my age, and if I had the opportunity to possibly go undefeated in college, 3 national titles, I would be butthurt after the game. 

He also won 41 straight games in HS. So it's been 67 games since he has tasted defeat. I am thrilled that we are in position to draft Joe, but there's no reason for folks to be bashing Trevor. The kid is a phenom and I fully expect an NFL team or 2 to not try 100% to win all their game next year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:38 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: He hasn't lost since high school, went 26-0 since his freshman year. He is the real deal. He is my age, and if I had the opportunity to possibly go undefeated in college, 3 national titles, I would be butthurt after the game. 

Shrug no grown man... and he is a grown man... should be flipping his hair and rolling his eyes like that.  Reminds me when Cam Newton lost the Superbowl and acted like a child; I knew that guy wasn't shit after that.  Front runners always look like world-beaters when they have everything going their way, but when that light gets shined on them they turn into Seinfeld's Two-faced girlfriend.

Start video at 1:00 

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He also won 41 straight games in HS. So it's been 67 games since he has tasted defeat. I am thrilled that we are in position to draft Joe, but there's no reason for folks to be bashing Trevor. The kid is a phenom and I fully expect an NFL team or 2 to not try 100% to win all their game next year.

A team will either get a first round and than some to move up, or will get a franchise QB. Kid will be sensational. Would love to see a rematch in a few years with the Bengals and Joe vs Whomever with Trevor for a superbowl. 
Reply/Quote