Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Officially Signed: Sheldon Rankins
(03-13-2024, 09:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Sheldon Rankins pass rush win rate (14.6%) was 10th among interior defenders last season.

Nice, I assume that is much better than BJ Hill?

(03-13-2024, 09:20 PM)samhain Wrote: I think that if Reader is replaced, it will be Tart.  He'll be cheap and actually plays NT.

I hate to see DJ go.  He's probably my favorite FA signing of the Taylor era.

Saw some of Tart's PFF rankings and they looked terrible compared to Reader's. But if the Lions sign DJ guess Tart has to be brought in.

Still hope we can draft Sweat or McKinnley Jackson for NT after this. All I know is both Rankins and BJ Hill are very versatile DT's and Rankins
is a better pass rusher from what I am hearing.
Reply/Quote
He signed for 10.5 mil for one year with the Texans last year.

Wonder what the price is this time.
Reply/Quote
2 years $26 million
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
2 years 26 million. That's a target
Reply/Quote
Rankins is quite a bit lighter than DJ isn't he?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Rankins is quite a bit lighter than DJ isn't he?

Not the same position. He's a 3T
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
2 and 26 is a little rich but they had to sign someone and Rankins is good so....
Reply/Quote
Surprised it's so much considering his age. Hopefully we resign Reader as well to sure up the DL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
BTW, I take back some of what I said about Tart, even though he is light for a NT, he is a NT and played very good at
times before locker room problems last year. If his head is on straight he could be a very good get for us if DJ Reader
signs with Detroit.
Reply/Quote
2/26 for a legit upper tier 3T is not bad at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Surprised it's so much considering his age. Hopefully we resign Reader as well to sure up the DL.

Same age as Chris Jones and he is the highest paid DT in the league.
Reply/Quote
2/26 puts Hills job in jeopardy

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: 2/26 puts Hills job in jeopardy

Nah, we have the cap space, keep our good players please, get rid of the bad.
Reply/Quote
Great signing at that #! Interior pass rusher is the second most important position behind qb. He’s not elite but he’s very good and a better rusher than what we have had inside. Twitchy for a DT
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, we have the cap space, keep our good players please, get rid of the bad.

What if they brought in arik armstead, at the expense of hill.
Reply/Quote
Nice still worried about NT and the run but from a pass rush perspective, Hendrickson, Rankins and with Hubbard healthy maybe Murphy can rotate in and give us some juice off the edge.
Reply/Quote
In the FA thread someone posted a link to the Rankins article & ESPN's Fowler said we are still interested in bringing DJ back.

Rankins being more of Larry O. 2.0.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What if they brought in arik armstead, at the expense of hill.

Hey, I like BJ Hill a lot but not against it even if Arik is older than BJ. We need pass rush up the middle big time along with run stopping NT's
more than anything on Defense. I think Geno Stone helps big time with communication on the backend and our Linebackers shouldn't be near
as bad healthy, taking better angles, wrapping up better with Pratt as only a 2-down backer again. Use Dax as a WILL backer in these situations.
Reply/Quote
I like the signing, nice!
Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Nice! Now let’s keep working on the lines. OT & C now please. Really wanted Tyler Biadasz. I think the line will be drasticly improved with a stud C moving Karras to LG. Could still happen I guess. Powers or Frazier in the draft would be nice.
Reply/Quote