Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Officially Signed: Sheldon Rankins
(03-13-2024, 09:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Go Cards !

You know I like seeing a Card signed, yet still hope Reader comes back somehow as well.

I knew you'd be on here. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: 2/26 for a legit upper tier 3T is not bad at all.

Agreed, view this as an Ogunjobi 2.0 signing. Might do Rankins and Hill well to rotate in and stay fresh. Ogunjobi signed for 9.5+ per year after coming off an injury with 48 tackles and 1.5 sacks. He had 43 tackles and 3 sacks last year in the first year of his deal. Rankins had 37 tackles and 6 sacks last year (granted, 3 sacks happened against the Bengals)
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Nice! Now let’s keep working on the lines. OT & C now please. Really wanted Tyler Biadasz. I think the line will be drasticly improved with a stud C moving Karras to LG. Could still happen I guess. Powers or Frazier in the draft would be nice.

Bring in Trent Brown for RT for a year or two and draft Powers-Johnson or that Center from Duke early and the OL could be good for
the future. Frazier broke his leg on the last play of the last game of the year last year, he might be slow to be available as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
That's a good 3T rotation. $23m for them.

It ultimately feels like a little bit like another band-aid though, because Rankins is heading into his age 30 season on a 2 year deal and BJ Hill is heading into his contract year. I was hoping for a younger/longer solution to the position. We're likely right back in this same situation next offseason.

It's kind of weird that they're adding guys for short contracts.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:20 PM)samhain Wrote: I think that if Reader is replaced, it will be Tart.  He'll be cheap and actually plays NT.

I hate to see DJ go.  He's probably my favorite FA signing of the Taylor era.

He's one of mine....but Bell and Hilton are up there for me too. The hit on Shit Schuster, and the pick six of Pig Pen were two of my favorite plays. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: 2/26 puts Hills job in jeopardy

Nope, remember when we had Larry O and BJ Hill in rotation in 2021?  This will be similar.  Still need a legit NT to push the pocket, though.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nope, remember when we had Larry O and BJ Hill in rotation in 2021?  This will be similar.  Still need a legit NT to push the pocket, though.

True on the Larry O comparison, needed this type of player back in our rotation.

We will see about Reader tomorrow probably. Tart was really good with the Titans when he didn't have an attitude though.

So there is an option and even more with Tim Settle and Poona Ford who might just need a change of scenery. 

These guys were good in college to say the least.
Reply/Quote
I still feel like Reader is gone and we will sign Tart to replace him.

The run D will suck and we will be bottom of division.

We will cheap out on top end talent but pay more for Rankins', Sample's, and Cappa's.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True on the Larry O comparison, needed this type of player back in our rotation.

We will see about Reader tomorrow probably. Tart was really good with the Titans when he didn't have an attitude though.

So there is an option and even more with Tim Settle and Poona Ford who might just need a change of scenery. 

These guys were good in college to say the least.

Tim Settle is basically a backup, I'll have to look up Poona Ford.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Some of you guys need to realize Reader and Rankins play different positions.

We still need a NT.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's a good 3T rotation. $23m for them.

It ultimately feels like a little bit like another band-aid though, because Rankins is heading into his age 30 season on a 2 year deal and BJ Hill is heading into his contract year. I was hoping for a younger/longer solution to the position. We're likely right back in this same situation next offseason.

That's what the draft is for. They don't want to lock these guys up when the Burrow cap hits are massive. Draft a DT, let them develope behind these guys, hope it pans out and you have them for cheap. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: 2/26 puts Hills job in jeopardy

I would hope not, Carter had 500 snaps last season.  That is 498 too many.

Although, word is,  BJ Hill did put his house up for sell in the last couple of days.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's a good 3T rotation. $23m for them.

Are they trying to make sure they have a lot of cap space in a couple years? Joe
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tim Settle is basically a backup, I'll have to look up Poona Ford.

Same tier, Ford has less wear.

Reply/Quote
The FO obviously liked what they saw in the game against Houston last year. Dude absolutely killed us in that one .

Pretty happy with this addition.

Reply/Quote
Where does this "we need" a NT come from? We play a 4-man line. Who has been KC's huge NT during their last few years? San Fran's? We can easily roll w/ 2 3-techs the size of Rankins and Hill.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where does this "we need" a NT come from? We play a 4-man line. Who has been KC's huge NT during their last few years? San Fran's? We can easily roll w/ 2 3-techs the size of Rankins and Hill.

Thank you for this common sense post. I’ve been wondering the same thing for months. We play a 4-2-5 as our base. Where is the nt in a four man front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tim Settle is basically a backup, I'll have to look up Poona Ford.

Heard that about Settle, big dude though, same as Poona.

(03-13-2024, 10:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Same tier, Ford has less wear.

Poona reminded me of Billings when he was a Longhorn.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where does this "we need" a NT come from? We play a 4-man line. Who has been KC's huge NT during their last few years? San Fran's? We can easily roll w/ 2 3-techs the size of Rankins and Hill.

I think so as well to a point. But Reader has helped us win some big games being our NT when we needed to stop the run.

(03-13-2024, 10:38 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Thank you for this common sense post.  I’ve been wondering the same thing for months.  We play a 4-2-5 as our base.  Where is the nt in a four man front?  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that has been part of our problem in stopping the run, need to use more 5-2 fronts.
Reply/Quote

I said in another thread. We are the guy at the poker game who folds all the time unless he’s got three of a kind or better in draw poker. Never bluffs . He never wins big and rarely loses. They obviously are bracing for JaMar. Lots of teams including KC are going to battle the salary cap. You can’t be good and escape it. Great drafting the only way to survive and have your superstars renegotiate contracts.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote