Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Officially Signed: Sheldon Rankins
(03-13-2024, 11:31 PM)tms Wrote: Super-exciting 3-techs in this draft. I was hoping to take a run at one of them. But this probably makes it less likely.

But even more than the football, we've taken a significant leadership loss over the past few days. First Chido and Mixon, now Jonah and Reader, with Boyd and maybe even Tee on the way out too. It's a lot to process.

With this free agency I think it is safe to guess that we are going OT at #18.  They are guaranteed a Top 6 OT which is the magic number Tobin mentioned at the combine. 

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:22 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The reality is we struggled against the run last year.  You are not improving your run defense by replacing Reader with Rankins.  What you want to do is keep Reader and add Rankins to the mix which would actually improve the defense vs just swapping Rankins for Reader which does very little to improve it.

Truth 007, simple as that. Need Reader back or need to add another NT as Tufele is the only one on the roster and he didn't play good
last year and Tupou isn't on the roster anymore. Rankins and BJ Hill are 3-tech's, all be it Hill is more of a hybrid, but 3-tech's just the 
same. We need to stop the run this year, we cannot struggle like we did last year especially in the AFC North the Division that runs the
ball more than anyone.
Reply/Quote
Would love Fuaga
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:31 PM)tms Wrote: Super-exciting 3-techs in this draft. I was hoping to take a run at one of them. But this probably makes it less likely.

But even more than the football, we've taken a significant leadership loss over the past few days. First Chido and Mixon, now Jonah and Reader, with Boyd and maybe even Tee on the way out too. It's a lot to process.

From outside looking in; it appeared the leaders in the locker room were BJ Hill and Ted Karras. We did lead some leadership; as you stated, but hopefully Geno Stone can bring in some. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: From outside looking in; it appeared the leaders in the locker room were BJ Hill and Ted Karras. We did lead some leadership; as you stated, but hopefully Geno Stone can bring in some. 

Hill, Hubbard, Wilson, Pratt, Hendrickson will likely be more vocal, CTB has been stepping up, they should be fine leadership wise.

Burrow, Chase, Ted, OBjr on offense.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:35 PM)pulses Wrote: Would love Fuaga

Same, I think Fuaga is a plug and play RT right off the bat. Explosive hands, quick for his size, powerful and not the worst athlete.

Plays a little nasty and likes to knock dudes on their back side.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, I think Fuaga is a plug and play RT right off the bat. Explosive hands, quick for his size, powerful and not the worst athlete.

Plays a little nasty and likes to knock dudes on their back side.

Yes I love that he has that little nastiness in him.
Reply/Quote
Click watch on YouTube to see Rankins highlights.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:44 PM)pulses Wrote: Yes I love that he has that little nastiness in him.

Is that the glass eater mentality the line coach loves?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 01:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Click watch on YouTube to see Rankins highlights.

Ok, 1st order of business when he gets here, 10 laps around the field for each hit he put on Burrow..... Tiger
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr tweeted out this:

Quote:Sheldon Rankins was outside of the comfortable core of the Bengals FA philosophy, in terms of both age and money.
Because they were desperate for this one.

I'm glad they got Rankins, but from what Paul says, he was not part of their original plan.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't think he was apart of their plan. I don't think 2/26 was something they'd pay someone other than Reader or a NT on the line. Someone remarkably similar to what they already have in Hill.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Texans negotiated with Sheldon Rankins and offered $12 million annually, per sources, before he ultimately reached two-year, $26 million deal with #Bengals following a six-sack season for AFC South champions

Per Aaron Wilson
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hate agreeing with the Debbie Downers/Negative Nancy's who were right today until this hopeful signing.

Which means they weren't right at all, but just being chicken littles as always.

None of us know the Bengals plans and contingencies, so when the Bengals don't do the obvious, then their "screwed", "clueless", "cheap" making people threatening to "turn in their fan card".  It's all the same clueless hilarity every year.

I mean everyone's like "We need Reader"  *rage rage rage rage*, when for all we know our medical staff won't clear him.  Maybe they will or maybe they won't regardless, the best prognosis is he won't be ready till half way through the year, yet people just *rage rage rage rage* in ignorance.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think he was apart of their plan. I don't think 2/26 was something they'd pay someone other than Reader or a NT on the line. Someone remarkably similar to what they already have in Hill.

Hello Mr. Happy.  Good to see you.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:20 AM)BengalBob Wrote: Texans negotiated with Sheldon Rankins and offered $12 million annually, per sources, before he ultimately reached two-year, $26 million deal with #Bengals following a six-sack season for AFC South champions

Per Aaron Wilson

How much cap space do the Texans have? They're trying to sign everyone.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:10 PM)samhain Wrote: That's refreshing to hear.  Not bad for a guy largely considered to be more of a pass rusher than run stuffer.

He flashed alot in the game VS Texans...definitely looks like a pass rush upgrade and fills that void from when Larry O was here. Now just need a BIG run stuffer like Sweat
We cant count on Reader even if we sign him
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:24 AM)Stewy Wrote: Which means they weren't right at all, but just being chicken littles as always.

None of us know the Bengals plans and contingencies, so when the Bengals don't do the obvious, then their "screwed", "clueless", "cheap" making people threatening to "turn in their fan card".  It's all the same clueless hilarity every year.

I mean everyone's like "We need Reader"  *rage rage rage rage*, when for all we know our medical staff won't clear him.  Maybe they will or maybe they won't regardless, the best prognosis is he won't be ready till half way through the year, yet people just *rage rage rage rage* in ignorance.

Post of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
D J does not want to leave but a fair contract depends on the eye of the beholder.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hill, Hubbard, Wilson, Pratt, Hendrickson will likely be more vocal, CTB has been stepping up, they should be fine leadership wise.

Burrow, Chase, Ted, OBjr on offense.

....and now add Vonn Bell back in the secondary 
Reply/Quote