Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Officially picking 9th in the 2017 NFL Draft
(01-01-2017, 10:32 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Not only would taking a RB be idiotic, Dalvin Cook is much better

Anywho they need an impact pass rusher immediately. A WR would also be ok. All other responses are null

So, you're thinking that the OL is just fine?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pass rushing DE. Plenty of good one's in this draft too. I'll be dissapointed if they go any other position in the 1st.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 10:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you're thinking that the OL is just fine?

It has a relatively easy fix. Re-sign Whit and Zeitler and draft a C which you don't use a 1st round pick on. Even if Zeitler isn't re-signed it isn't the worst job to find a vet guard that can start. Bengals have too much investment in OL right now, even though one of those investments is terrible. Whit-Boling-rookie-FA/Zeitler-Fisher is good enough and invest in 3rd and 4th rounds.

The best plan is to draft the shit out of pass rushers. It works for the Chiefs, Broncos, and Giants, and we don't have a playmaking defensive player. We desperately need speed on defense seeing as we have none. Fix many problems at once
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 11:21 PM)eoxyod Wrote: It has a relatively easy fix. Re-sign Whit and Zeitler and draft a C which you don't use a 1st round pick on. Even if Zeitler isn't re-signed it isn't the worst job to find a vet guard that can start. Bengals have too much investment in OL right now, even though one of those investments is terrible. Whit-Boling-rookie-FA/Zeitler-Fisher is good enough and invest in 3rd and 4th rounds.

The best plan is to draft the shit out of pass rushers. It works for the Chiefs, Broncos, and Giants, and we don't have a playmaking defensive player. We desperately need speed on defense seeing as we have none. Fix many problems at once

I agree whole heartedly with your idea.  As simple as the "fix" seems to fans, we all know drafting a C to upstage Bodine is a "radical change" from the way this organization currently operates.  Just as I would be all in favor of simply cutting Ogbuehi.  Nothing wrong with admitting a mistake, so long as they are prepared to right the wrong.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At the risk of cutting into Burkhead's carries; I'd take Fournette.

Interesting as I think Cook will be the better back but I think sign Rex and then we go for DE
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:30 PM)MC Howley Wrote: With the Cardinals win over the Rams and the Panthers loss to the Bucs this week... Our draft position has been locked in...

10th - Arizona Cardinals
9th - Cincinnati Bengals
8th - Carolina Panthers
7th - San Diego Chargers
6th - New York Jets
5th - Los Angeles Rams (pick traded to Tennessee)
4th - Chicago Bears
3rd - Jacksonville Jaguars
2nd - San Francisco 49ers
1st - Cleveland Browns

Who do you want us to draft he most?
Mike Williams and it's not even close.
(01-01-2017, 09:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: True, I could see the direction of mock drafts changing frequently.

However, even with the entire team healthy, some needs will not change. Needs like DE, LB, OL, WR. I know I said healthy, but with the Eifert injury/surgery situation, I feel the need for a TE to be drafted.
If Jake but is there in the third we draft him end of story. Dude is just an animal. In the first I want Mike Williams and then pat elflien in the second.
(01-01-2017, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At the risk of cutting into Burkhead's carries; I'd take Fournette.
Not with his glass ankles
(01-01-2017, 10:22 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I want the Oline upgraded to where we don't experience a repeat of this year. We need someone to back up and eventually replace Whit. To those willing to give Ogbuehi more time, my thoughts are this: He was injured when we drafted him, and he's injured now. He proved he couldn't be coached up to play RT, and it's going to take some doing and luck to get him solid at LT, IF that's at all possible. I'm not willing to gamble another year's worth of Dalton, Greene et al time to see if that will work or not.

If the draft can't provide a tackle, then we need a FA who can. And IF we don't use the draft for a LT, there's always our need at center. After that, DE is my next need.
If we re-sign LaFell, we're good at WR. Greene, Boyd, and Core will be more than fine for that group. We have 3 others behind them.

LB is my next target, as Burfict may flame out at any moment, and Dansby is past peak. Beyond these picks exists the need to address the secondary.

I just don't see spending a high pick on a RB, unless both Hill and Gio don't come back healthy. It's too soon to know at this point. It's similar for our TEs. IF all of them get healthy, we're good to go. Also too soon to know right now.
If Jake but falls to the third u grab him no matter what. I don't like lafell if Mike Williams is there at 9 that's instantly a top 5 passing offense. In the second round we can get the best run stopper and coverage backer imo in McMillan or we can get the best center in elflien there's 2 ways to go.
Reply/Quote
If Barnett is there at #9, you get him.

Dunlap
MJ
Clarke
Hunt (guessing he'll be re-signed)
Barnett

Think it would help tremendously.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If Barnett is there at #9, you get him.

Dunlap
MJ
Clarke
Barnett

I think Barnett is gonna be a bust he only did good due to favorable match-up  but anyways u can get Walker From fsu in the third who has a much higher upside than barnett
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If Barnett is there at #9, you get him.

Dunlap
MJ
Clarke
Barnett

Agreed. 

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I think Barnett is gonna be a bust he only did good due to favorable match-up  but anyways u can get Walker From fsu in the third who has a much higher upside than barnett

No idea why you think he'll be a bust, but it's worth the risk, imo. 

Definitely moreso than taking a WR in the first when that's not even a big need. Fix the lines and Andy can win with what he has now. 

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea why you think he'll be a bust, but it's worth the risk, imo. 

Definitely moreso than taking a WR in the first when that's not even a big need. Fix the lines and Andy can win with what he has now. 

oh please lafell is garbage he only makes plays when he's wide open. If u could have 2 aj greens on the boundary with eifert and Boyd in the middle? And besides as stated before I think Walker is better and we can get him 2 rounds later. Barnett will not be put in good match-up all the time like he was at Tennessee.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:28 AM)Jpoore Wrote: oh please lafell is garbage he only makes plays when he's wide open. If u could have 2 aj greens on the boundary with eifert and Boyd in the middle? And besides as stated before I think Walker is better and we can get him 2 rounds later. Barnett will not be put in good match-up all the time like he was at Tennessee.

I don't think you'll find too many people that agree LaFell is "garbage" or  with your assessment of Barnett. I certainly hope the Bengals don't anyway. 

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:28 AM)Jpoore Wrote: oh please lafell is garbage he only makes plays when he's wide open. If u could have 2 aj greens on the boundary with eifert and Boyd in the middle? And besides as stated before I think Walker is better and we can get him 2 rounds later. Barnett will not be put in good match-up all the time like he was at Tennessee.

He only makes plays when he's wide open? Is this a serious response? lol wow
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Best available LT with the 1st pick. Move Ogbuehi to utility backup tackle replacing Winston. Fisher takes RT, and the new draft pick apprentices for a year under Whitworth. If no LTs are worthy of the #9 pick, then a DE.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:28 AM)Jpoore Wrote: oh please lafell is garbage he only makes plays when he's wide open.

You should recognize the ability of a receiver to get what you call, "wide open." So if he doesn't get seperation and then doesn't complete passes or get thrown to, would you call him a great decoy for doing less? Good lord, give the man the respect for what he has done. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reply/Quote
Lots of needs, no doubt. I don't really care who it is as long as we don't reach or take an injured player with "potential"
Reply/Quote

... Jerry is that you? Wtf are you doing on the bengals message board?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:37 AM)Beaker Wrote: Best available LT with the 1st pick. Move Ogbuehi to utility backup tackle replacing Winston. Fisher takes RT, and the new draft pick apprentices for a year under Whitworth. If no LTs are worthy of the #9 pick, then a DE.

This. Best LT or edge rusher. Vigil proved he could probably take a bigger role, and you know they really don't take LB before round 3 that often anyway.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don't think you'll find too many people that agree LaFell is "garbage" or  with your assessment of Barnett. I certainly hope the Bengals don't anyway. 

maybe not about lafell but seems to me most people think Barnett is not worth of top 10. 200 of lafells yards have come when he was left uncovered and he disappears for long periods of time if u get Williams then u have the best deep threat in the NFL and the best deep threat coming out of  
Reply/Quote
Reuben Foster or Jabrill Peppers ( if he's there.)

We don't need a WR or a RB in my opinion, resign LaFell and resign Burk.

Maybe take a RB/WR in the mid rounds to develop.

Wouldn't mind a pass rusher either, Derek Barnett, Myles Garrett, etc.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote