Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Officially picking 9th in the 2017 NFL Draft
(01-02-2017, 12:56 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Reuben Foster or Jabrill Peppers ( if he's there.)

We don't need a WR or a RB in my opinion, resign LaFell and resign Burk.

Maybe take a RB/WR in the mid rounds to develop.

Wouldn't mind a pass rusher either, Derek Barnett, Myles Garrett, etc.

Drafting a LB or bad player is throwing away a top 10 pick. Positional value is too low at LB when we have acceptable level players, and Peppers is bad
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 01:11 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Drafting a LB or bad player is throwing away a top 10 pick. Positional value is too low at LB when we have acceptable level players, and Peppers is bad

We need more athleticism in the LB corps, Jabrill Peppers is ranked the #3 player according to http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings and could be a nice OLB/S Hybrid for us.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 01:15 AM)milksheikh Wrote: We need more athleticism in the LB corps, Jabrill Peppers is ranked the #3 player according to http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings and could be a nice OLB/S Hybrid for us.

LB has no value in our system nor does it have value in the NFL to warrant a top 10 pick. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 01:15 AM)milksheikh Wrote: We need more athleticism in the LB corps, Jabrill Peppers is ranked the #3 player according to http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings and could be a nice OLB/S Hybrid for us.

Peppers is terrible.

Have you looked at his numbers?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't care who.the Bengals select at 9 but he better be able to.come in Day 1 and become
a impact player. we need a true.difference maker that is starting come September
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:34 PM)Elijahmoore5 Wrote: Reuben foster from Alabama is my pick sure tackler with speed and instincts. Derek Barnett is good but I don't think he's top ten pick good.

See I just dont get that, If thats the guy we want get him at 9, he may not be top 10 good but he's better than 32-64. He wont be there for us in the 2nd so might as well get him while you can. Sorry that just drives me nuts when someone says something like "he's not a top 10 pick but I would take him at 18". I know thats not what you said and i get what you mean, I just think if a team thinks a guy is the best or even 2nd best at a position of need then take them.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:37 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He only makes plays when he's wide open? Is this a serious response? lol wow

Show me a play where he caught a ball and held on in tight coverage or went up over someone and came down with it. I'll wait.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:38 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Lots of needs, no doubt. I don't really care who it is as long as we don't reach or take an injured player with "potential"

Agree for the most part. I think I'd prefer WR, OT or DE though.

(01-02-2017, 01:18 AM)eoxyod Wrote: LB has no value in our system nor does it have value in the NFL to warrant a top 10 pick. 

Agreed. Maualuga and Dansby need replaced. Not with the #9 overall pick though...unless it's a Kuechly type of player, and I don't think there is one in this draft. Value at that spot would be WR or linemen IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 01:32 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I don't care who.the Bengals select at 9 but he better be able to.come in Day 1 and become
a impact player. we need a true.difference maker that is starting come September
That would be Mike Williams 6"3 205 4.4 40 and is the best in the country at 50/50 balls/best deep threat. Sound like anyone we know? (a.j. green) also has 1200 yards receiving and runs great routes and is a phenomenal run blocker as a receiver.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 01:51 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. Maualuga and Dansby need replaced. Not with the #9 overall pick though...unless it's a Kuechly type of player, and I don't think there is one in this draft. Value at that spot would be WR or linemen IMO.

See I run into an problem in round 2 imo McMillan is the best lb in the country. He definitely is the best lb in the country as stopping the run as all draft experts agree. He needs to learn a little more in pass protection he's great but not elite  according to those same experts but I have watched every osu game and he defends rbs and tight ends extremely well never really see him get beat in coverage. My problem is him and pat elflien should be there in round 2 McMillan should elflien hopefully both areas of need which area should we go after? My first round pick if we don't trade down is Williams FYI 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:56 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Reuben Foster or Jabrill Peppers ( if he's there.)

We don't need a WR or a RB in my opinion, resign LaFell and resign Burk.

Maybe take a RB/WR in the mid rounds to develop.

Wouldn't mind a pass rusher either, Derek Barnett, Myles Garrett, etc.

This.

Demarcus Walker in the 2nd if he's still there. If not, Elflein or Pocic.

Jordan Leggett in 3rd

No Fournette. Cook wouldn't be too bad though.
Reply/Quote
Get ready for my football expertise. Needs, we need a safety, we need a linebacker to help tez, we desperately need more pass rush, a defensive end. The thought of a Barnett, Billings, geno, Dunlap. Wow that's nice, if they stay healthy. Despite what y'all say we need a burner for a #2 receiver, someone who can go deep. Is any team scared of lafell? Hell nah, since game 1 of the season I was yelling for core to be the outside receiver more. He at least can go deep and is strong. When it was lafell, green and Boyd, that's a bad combo,cause you only got to worry about green going deep.

In the main part of the season, we were make or break depending how good green did, that's not going to work. He needs help, and we need to find another play maker. I think Corey Davis would make this offense, really good. Or john Ross in a lesser extent, if you don't do that which they probably won't, get a speedster in the later rounds, malachi dupree looks like a Jones clone, or courtland Sutton looks like a alshon Jeffrey.

We also need a center but doubt they will do it, we need a good one, this is a big part of the line we been without for a long time. I think Fisher is fine for right tackle, but he's a little bit injury prone.

Last but not least, we need to upgrade kicker somehow. Important thing to have on your team and effects wins and losses more then people think.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 10:32 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Dalvin Cook is much better

(01-01-2017, 11:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Interesting as I think Cook will be the better back 

(01-02-2017, 02:08 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: No Fournette. Cook wouldn't be too bad though.
Stop, just stop
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 02:08 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: This.

Demarcus Walker in the 2nd if he's still there. If not, Elflein or Pocic.

Jordan Leggett in 3rd

No Fournette. Cook wouldn't be too bad though.

I've actually been able to get Walker in the 4th in every mock draft I've done on all websites. And u would take leggett over but? Jw personally I like but more be he can legitimately block 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 02:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Stop, just stop

ok
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 02:14 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Get ready for my football expertise.  Needs, we need a safety, we need a linebacker to help tez, we desperately need more pass rush, a defensive end.  The thought of a Barnett, Billings, geno, Dunlap.  Wow that's nice, if they stay healthy. Despite what y'all say we need a burner for a #2 receiver, someone who can go deep. Is any team scared of lafell?  Hell nah, since game 1 of the season I was yelling for core to be the outside receiver more. He at least can go deep and is strong.  When it was lafell, green and Boyd, that's a bad combo,cause you only got to worry about green going deep.

In the main part of the season, we were make or break depending how good green did, that's not going to work. He needs help, and we need to find another play maker. I think Corey Davis would make this offense, really good.  Or john Ross in a lesser extent, if you don't do that which they probably won't, get a speedster in the later rounds, malachi dupree looks like a Jones clone, or courtland Sutton looks like a alshon Jeffrey.

We also need a center but doubt they will do it, we need a good one, this is a big part of the line we been without for a long time. I think Fisher is fine for right tackle, but he's a little bit injury prone.

Last but not least, we need to upgrade kicker somehow. Important thing to have on your team and effects wins and losses more then people think.
how about Williams? I was against a wr early until about 2 weeks ago but he runs a 4.4 40 but he has the build of aj green 6"3 205 and is the best in the country at catching 50/50 and deep balls. Also a great route Runner with over 1200 yards receiving. Completely agree with a kicker. Center have been saying this since week 13 elflien is who we need. An aggressive run blocker who charges at you instead of waiting for u to rush to him. Also great at picking up blitzes. A 3 time all American at rg and center. If not elflien then McMillan another osu product the best run blocking lber in the nation but also great in coverage. As far as Barnett goes I actually like Walker out of fsu more. And we can get him in third or 4th according to mocks games. But the most important is 2 deep threats. If we have Williams we will have the best deep threat in the NFL in green and the best deep threat in college with Williams. Eifert and Boyd working the middle. Man that's scary.
Reply/Quote
Easy 3 picks. T Mike McGlinchey from Notre Dame, LB Foster from Alabama. Derek Barnette Tennessee. All 3 of those guys look like a perfect match for us. I'm leaning towards Barnette! To go with Dunlap , and Atkins
Reply/Quote
I will say this for WR. As steady and solid as LaFell is, once Green went down, we really didn't have any deep threat. LaFell and Boyd are almost the same type of receiver. I don't like the idea of letting LaFell walk after an 862 yard season, but if he gets a significant bump in pay this time around (he probably will), then it may be a good idea to draft a burner and let LaFell walk.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 02:59 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I will say this for WR. As steady and solid as LaFell is, once Green went down, we really didn't have any deep threat. LaFell and Boyd are almost the same type of receiver. I don't like the idea of letting LaFell walk after an 862 yard season, but if he gets a significant bump in pay this time around (he probably will), then it may be a good idea to draft a burner and let LaFell walk.

personally a fan of Williams but completely agree laffell/boyd slot players we need deep threat 
Reply/Quote
I think some are forgetting how bad our Lines are. I dont think Dak and Elliot would be near as good behind this line. As much as i want a top wr or rb it wont matter with this line. I think Core can take LaFells place and Boyd will be fine. I would like the RB Foreman at some point after we address both lines. I think Hill showed us his rookie season was a fluke last season. Im sure Foreman will be gone though. Then we need some serious help with our LBers,S and more than likely TE. I never thought i would say this having the #9 pick but I hope we trade back for more picks, maybe the late teens then go DE,OL,LB,DT
Reply/Quote