Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi set to practice!
More fuel for the fire!

https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/663838352156700672

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ogbuehi-set-to-practice/2af49cc8-8b6f-4f65-8b89-c04d0714ce39?campaign=cin:fanshare:twitter

[Image: Cedric_Ogbuehi_1430455183203_17638922_ve...40_480.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Whos job is lost within the next 3 weeks? or is the timetable different for the NFI?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 07:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whos job is lost within the next 3 weeks? or is the timetable different for the NFI?

Prolly someone that doesn't suit up. Also, Remember we run a lot of heavy packages. If he only comes in this year on run plays or the those "trick plays" to Fisher I would be fine with that.
Reply/Quote
I doubt that Ogbuehi gets activated, this season. But, it is very encouraging to see that he is going to be practicing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We're going to try him out at safety... :)
Reply/Quote
who is that
Reply/Quote
I'm glad he is practicing but unless something happens just dont see him being activated. Who would we cut for someone likely to get little if any play time. We have 3 weeks to make a decision but I see him hitting IR barring any surprises. Sean Porter has the same issue..he'll only be activated if we need a linebacker so he is likely to go to IR.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Maybe Andre Smith is more injured than we have heard so far. Or maybe Ogbuehi is just that far along in the process with his injury.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 07:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Maybe Andre Smith is more injured than we have heard so far. Or maybe Ogbuehi is just that far along in the process with his injury.

Jim O. Tweeted that it was just a coincidence that Andre's concussion coincided with Big O beginning to practice.

The guy was a 1st round pick, at the very least we should let him get his 3 weeks of practice in before calling the season a wash. If he shows up unstoppable then kick a bottom of the roster guy to give him a chance in some game scenarios like special teams, goal line and heavy sets.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 07:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whos job is lost within the next 3 weeks? or is the timetable different for the NFI?

Lewis-Harris or Hunt assuming no major injury opens a spot. If Ogbuehi practices during the season, I predict he'll be added to the 53 man roster before the end of the season rather than placed on IR.

Reply/Quote
Unless he really impresses there is zero reason to activate him, Porter for that matter too.

That said how awesome is it that at 8-0 we can casually have this years 1st round pick with the team. So much talent it's absurd.

Reply/Quote
Nice to see the big fella out there
Reply/Quote
I guess somewhere in the excitement of Cedric Ogbuehi returning to practice, the news about Sean Porter also coming back to practice got buried.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/11/09/cedric-ogbuehi-sean-porter-begin-practicing-cincinnati-bengals/75485908/

Let's hope Porter can stay healthy, and make a contribution.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 07:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Maybe Andre Smith is more injured than we have heard so far. Or maybe Ogbuehi is just that far along in the process with his injury.

Hasn't Andre had a few concussions at this point?  I would imagine that neither Smith, nor Winston, is on the team next year regardless.
Reply/Quote

must you ask bye winston......
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I doubt that Ogbuehi gets activated, this season.  But, it is very encouraging to see that he is going to be practicing.

Agreed. We already have Fisher and Winston at OT/OG. Activating Ogbuehi would only weaken our depth in other areas without actually impacting the team.

He'll take Winston's or Smith's spot on the team next year. But for now, just get him back into NFL shape and, if we experience an injury, he can be activated in a few weeks.

Otherwise, just shelf him and see who becomes out starting RT next year.
Reply/Quote
We have room for Ced. This team is only carrying 8 Olinemen. I hope he is activated and gets some clock.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If he is healthy and gets up to speed then there is no reason to not suit him up.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm all for activating him in the next two games and easing him in. Surely there is someone we can cut to make room for a 1st round draft pick.

I'd be a bit surprised if they shelved him to IR as someone already mentioned we only have 8 OLineman. We usually carry 9. Think they could sneak him on the PS? LOL
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Keep the best 53. If he is healthy enough activate him before his window expires instead of putting him on IR.
Reply/Quote