Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi set to practice!
(11-12-2015, 06:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he wasnt really good at run blocking though. and G's are required to pull at times.

I dont remember anything saying he refused to play that position i just know we never put him in at that position

I believe after the draft they said they were considering fisher as their 1st round pick until Ced fell in their laps..

then when fisher was still there the next round they couldnt help themselves.

I missed hearing/reading about this. Here's hoping they have come along well enough to take meaningful snaps, in the event Smith stays out and Winston gets injured. Not meaning to worry about Smith's absence too much, but it does leave us a little thin 'experience-wise'. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:56 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I missed hearing/reading about this. Here's hoping they have come along well enough to take meaningful snaps, in the event Smith stays out and Winston gets injured. Not meaning to worry about Smith's absence too much, but it does leave us a little thin 'experience-wise'. 

Well i dont know who the backup OG is.. But

Fisher should be able to grab a few snaps @ RT if this happens or if we get desparate i believe boiling took some snaps there for us at one point as well.

if they start dropping like flies to IR then we call Roland back lol or Odonnell
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well i dont know who the backup OG is.. But

Fisher should be able to grab a few snaps @ RT if this happens or if we get desparate  i believe boiling took some snaps there for us at one point as well.

if they start dropping like flies to IR then we call Roland back lol or Odonnell

My apologies for causing you to write out "Roland"  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:18 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I completely agree.  Combine Smith and Winston's salary, that is about $7 million that can be used to keep other players.

To be fair, the majority of that ~$7 million is from Smith. Winston is here on a 1 year veteran minimum deal. I'd have no problem if we brought him back on that same deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:09 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: My apologies for causing you to write out "Roland"  Ninja

lol... It was fun having a giant out there though... didnt we invite a 6'10" TE to camp (he had military duty to do but we let him come to camp one year)
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 06:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: didnt we invite a 6'10" TE to camp (he had military duty to do but we let him come to camp one year)

You mean the starting LT for the Steelers?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 06:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You mean the starting LT for the Steelers?

the very same

Alejandro Villanueva
Reply/Quote
I can't speak for what the future holds, so this is what's going on presently.

Paul Alexander isn't one for hyperbole, but he sounded as impressed as Lap.

Smith's injury could change things in the near future -- they were prepared to go 21 days before making a decision on Ogbuehi, but it always came with an asterisk that outside factors (i.e. injury). Smith missed over a month with a concussion last preseason and it's an unpredictable injury to come back from.

And, they won't cut any offensive linemen to make room for Ogbuehi. I went with Little as my guess when Burfict came back, and I'd say they'll follow a similar path with Ogbuehi (league minimum player, often inactive) - which leaves CLH as that guy. They won't give up on a rookie.

Yes, Sean Porter is also back.

They will take all three weeks with him. His future though, is less certain.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 01:15 AM)jowczarski Wrote: I can't speak for what the future holds, so this is what's going on presently.

Smith's injury could change things in the near future -- they were prepared to go 21 days before making a decision on Ogbuehi, but it always came with an asterisk that outside factors (i.e. injury). Smith missed over a month with a concussion last preseason and it's an unpredictable injury to come back from.

And, they won't cut any offensive linemen to make room for Ogbuehi. I went with Little as my guess when Burfict came back, and I'd say they'll follow a similar path with Ogbuehi (league minimum player, often inactive) - which leaves CLH as that guy. They won't give up on a rookie.

Thanks for the input and info. I say CLH as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 01:15 AM)jowczarski Wrote: I can't speak for what the future holds, so this is what's going on presently.

Yes, CLH seems to be the easiest choice to cut in order to bring on Ogbuehi. 

With Porter I imagine the team maxing out the allowed time, first to see if an injury does pop up in the LB position group. Beyond that, there isn't an easy decision on who to cut to make room for him. They would either have to sacrifice a rookie, or a solid special teams contributor. There's always the possibility of him going to IR, with the way Shawn Williams has been showing up. His snaps at LB have been encouraging. It's scenarios like this that I wish the rules would change for protecting practice squad players. I've never been wild about losing the investment placed in PS players so easily. I also want to win the lottery too  Cool

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: really did he release the article in audio form?  or do you read outloud to yourself?

Haha, come on now....

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

I am not conceding that Ced will be better than Fisher.  They are both high quality prospects, and you never can tell which players will make the transition to the NFL.  The draft is such a crap shoot that I'll bet historically there isn't much difference in the success rate of two guys drafted just 32 slots apart.  After maybe the top 10-15 overall picks I'll bet one round later doesn't make much difference. 

Fisher will have to improve tremendously over what I saw in the preseason.  I wasn't as upset in the Ced pick, but the Fisher pick bothered me.  I hope he proves me wrong and develops in the offseason, but I haven't seen a more terrible start to a second round pick lineman in recent history.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Fisher will have to improve tremendously over what I saw in the preseason.  I wasn't as upset in the Ced pick, but the Fisher pick bothered me.  I hope he proves me wrong and develops in the offseason, but I haven't seen a more terrible start to a second round pick lineman in recent history.  

Lol
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 06:45 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Because I've heard this crap before.......

Dave Lapham has never compared another Bengals offensive lineman to Anthony Munoz, that i even remotely recall.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Thanks Jim, i am kind of excited about Ogbuehi. Tons of talent, i doubted we would even see him this year
until now with Andre's injury. Concussions are a strange injury as everyone knows.

I keep forgetting about Porter, dude has been made of fine china since we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Fisher will have to improve tremendously over what I saw in the preseason.  I wasn't as upset in the Ced pick, but the Fisher pick bothered me.  I hope he proves me wrong and develops in the offseason, but I haven't seen a more terrible start to a second round pick lineman in recent history.  

I usually like your posts man but i don't understand your Fisher hate, he has been just fine for a 2nd round pick...
Reply/Quote
If he is ready to play and healthy and represents the best option play him.
Reply/Quote