Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oh For The Love Of God, Get This Right Mike!
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1079797828053069826

Lazor can't even produce a great offense.Jackson is Jackson and Simmons for HC? Is this going to be another lazy hire on Brown's part?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1079797828053069826

Lazor can't even produce a great offense.Jackson is Jackson and Simmons for HC? Is this going to be another lazy hire on Brown's part?

they said they will be spending weeks reviewing and interviewing prospects for the spot...

No harm in allowing the current coordinators to apply or interview
Real easy to get those Coordinators in for interviews too as they are already in the building.

Plus its been a while so it will be good practice for the FO

The sky is not falling...  Its just raining.
Reply/Quote
On the one hand, this is just the standard procedure. On the other hand, we are talking about an owner who hired Dave Shula.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On the one hand, this is just the standard procedure.  On the other hand, we are talking about an owner who hired Dave Shula.

Mike likes comfort, that's my concern. Lets hope he does his homework and puts the best person in position to turn this team into something.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:33 PM)GodFather Wrote: Mike likes comfort, that's my concern. Lets hope he does his homework and puts the best person in position to turn this team into something.

A pile o' crap is something.
Reply/Quote
This team is not a quality roster right now and is behind Steelers, Ravens and Browns. The current roster is average at best even with no injuries.  The Bengals' roster will remain behind the three division opponents next year regardless of draft and traditional third tier free agent or two. 

If they hire an "internal" guy with no other changes, they will lose twice to the Steelers next year, won't make playoffs and lose most of  their fan base forever.

Doing the safe thing means implosion next year and poor teams for the following 4 to 5 years. It won't be pretty at the end when taxpayers refuse to build a new stadium and Bengals follow the Art Rooney model and take off for $$$ greener pastures.

This is a make or break decision for the franchise and its future in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
Would any other team consider Lazor, Simmons or Jackson for a HC opening at this point? Are any other teams requesting interviews with these guys? May be they're just taking there time to put the call in to Mike Brown in hope of poaching his hot, innovative internal candidates. Or maybe all three are garbage that have no business being a NFL HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:00 PM)samhain Wrote: Would any other team consider Lazor, Simmons or Jackson for a HC opening at this point?  Are any other teams requesting interviews with these guys?  May be they're just taking there time to put the call in to Mike Brown in hope of poaching his hot, innovative internal candidates.  Or maybe all three are garbage that have no business being a NFL HC.

They are just interviews.  Wasn't Terryl Austin interviewed by like a zillion teams before we hired him and he flopped harder than Andrew Ridgeley's solo career?
Reply/Quote
On NFL Network they noted because there are no super hot candidates that everyone is chasing, it will give all teams and all candidates time to decide.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They are just interviews.  Wasn't Terryl Austin interviewed by like a zillion teams before we hired him and he flopped harder than Andrew Ridgeley's solo career?
Yeah, Simmons scares me, though.  They're always talking him up.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:49 PM)bengals67 Wrote: This team is not a quality roster right now and is behind Steelers, Ravens and Browns. The current roster is average at best even with no injuries.  The Bengals' roster will remain behind the three division opponents next year regardless of draft and traditional third tier free agent or two. 

If they hire an "internal" guy with no other changes, they will lose twice to the Steelers next year, won't make playoffs and lose most of  their fan base forever.

Doing the safe thing means implosion next year and poor teams for the following 4 to 5 years. It won't be pretty at the end when taxpayers refuse to build a new stadium and Bengals follow the Art Rooney model and take off for $$$ greener pastures.

This is a make or break decision for the franchise and its future in Cincinnati.

In fairness, the Bengals beat two playoff teams in the Colts and Ravens before getting gutted by injuries.  This team has holes, but it has plenty of good players, too.  We know that Mike wouldn't fire Marvin as a scapegoat for a bad roster, so his rationale has to be that the team is underperforming based on it's talent level.

Almost every team looks at internal candidates, so I don't really think we can read too much into this.

I don't think the Bengals are planning on taxpayer money for a new stadium, as that's no longer the norm around the league like it was when PBS was built.  Katie has said that PBS will be adequate for another 20-30 years and the team recently paid for renovations that the county is obligated to pay for in the lease agreement.  And Jesus, look how long it took Mike to can Marv.  Who really thinks he has it in him to move the team?
Reply/Quote
My dream is to watch Roger Goodell hand the Lombardi Trophy to a tearful Mike Brown who raises the trophy heavenward and says, “This is for you, Dad! We finally got one!”
Reply/Quote
I have to believe that not even Mike Brown is tone-deaf enough to think that hiring Hue Jackson after a completely disastrous gig in Cleveland would bring back disgruntled fans.

This fanbase needs re-energizing in a big way. Hue, Lazor, Simmons, and Joseph aren't going to do it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They are just interviews.  Wasn't Terryl Austin interviewed by like a zillion teams before we hired him and he flopped harder than Andrew Ridgeley's solo career?

Who is Andrew Ridgely?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My dream is to watch Roger Goodell hand the Lombardi Trophy to a tearful Mike Brown who raises the trophy heavenward and says, “This is for you, Dad!  We finally got one!”

If you're going to dream about insane things you may as well have Mike Brown hoist the Lombardi and then hand it to you.

(12-31-2018, 04:17 PM)McC Wrote: Who is Andrew Ridgely?  

Exactly.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:17 PM)McC Wrote: Who is Andrew Ridgely?  

The other guy in Wham!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If you're going to dream about insane things you may as well have Mike Brown hoist the Lombardi and then hand it to you.

I would take a US Open trophy or an Open Championship Claret Jug over a Lombardi — but football isn’t my competitive sport.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I have to believe that not even Mike Brown is tone-deaf enough to think that hiring Hue Jackson after a completely disastrous gig in Cleveland would bring back disgruntled fans.

This fanbase needs re-energizing in a big way.  Hue, Lazor, Simmons, and Joseph aren't going to do it.

Exactly.  Hire any of those guys and it not going to stop the attendance-drop next year.  There will be 35-40k average attendance with a last-place team and a weak home schedule....they have to make a splash with this hire. 

The Pittsburgh playoff disaster deflated the fanbase and the Bengals have only further alienated the fanbase over the past 3 years.  Starting completely over is the only way to get people to buy-in that things are going to be different. 
Reply/Quote
I don't want any internal, retread, comfort hires. This team badly, badly needs new blood and new hope. Hue, Lazor, Simmons, etc. is just lazy and more of the same.

Please Mike Brown grow a pair and get out of your fetal position in your happy place.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:07 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, Simmons scares me, though.  They're always talking him up.  

a ST HC has worked out ok in Baltimore...  If anything the guy knows the guys on all sides of the ball..
Reply/Quote