Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Okay is everyone done crying and moaning?
I know the Williams injury threw people for a loop and also that some expression of anger/cynicism/pain can be therapeutic.

Hasn't it been enough now? The reality is Williams is out and nothing anyone feels or says will change it - time to move on.

The next big point is training camp. Then comes preseason where for the first time we get to see the new schemes and coaches in action. That will provide a lot more information than we have now,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, the injury was a shocker to most. Really looking forward to TC and hopefully watching this team develop into something great. Change and uncertainty is a scary thing sometimes but clearly our old ways weren’t working.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 02:47 AM)Joelist Wrote: I know the Williams injury threw people for a loop and also that some expression of anger/cynicism/pain can be therapeutic.

Hasn't it been enough now? The reality is Williams is out and nothing anyone feels or says will change it - time to move on.

The next big point is training camp. Then comes preseason where for the first time we get to see the new schemes and coaches in action. That will provide a lot more information than we have now,

I hope so. People were going way over the top. Yes we lost Williams, but let’s give the new coaches a chance to adjust. Let’s see what they can do faced with this challenge.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 07:45 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I hope so. People were going way over the top. Yes we lost Williams, but let’s give the new coaches a chance to adjust. Let’s see what they can do faced with this challenge.

I was out of town and relatively computer-less, so I heard the news and let out a WTF GDit!,  but anymore I have almost come to expect such fortunes here.

I tried to lick my wounds by saying that our offense still looks very capable, and it is our defense that can ill-afford the loss of key starters. 
Reply/Quote
Losing Williams sucks ! there's no doubt about it. However, I'm still very anxious and excited to see what the new staff can do with what we have.

Besides a little bit here and a short spurt there we haven't been very competitive the last 3 seasons. I'm not looking for a Super Bowl run. But I'd love to see us being in more games, grinding, fighting, being competitive. That by and large has been MIA a lot lately.

Even if we go 8-8 I'd be happy if there's a fire in their eyes that's been mostly missing. And it's not real important to me who's playing with that fire.
Reply/Quote
if it was,Dalton that got hurt then Id be in a panic.
but its Williams.
like I said before ask the average fan who the Browns LT was last year.?
this team will.go as far as Dalton can get them and that goes for the defense too.
Reply/Quote
Meh, if the new scheme and offense doesn't look great we are just going to go right back to blaming the o line and losing Williams, though.

But I get it...for now we may as well let it go.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 10:28 AM)impactplaya Wrote: if it was,Dalton that got hurt then Id be in a panic.
but its Williams.
like I said before ask the average fan who the Browns LT was last year.?
this team will.go as far as Dalton can get them and that goes for the defense too.

Just because an average fan wouldn’t know who a team’s LT is doesn’t mean it’s not extremely important position. Honestly it’s probably the most important after QB.

A bad LT can absolutely SINK a season. We’ve seen it first hand...

Reply/Quote
"Done crying and moaning"?!?!?!?

Hilarious

Here???

LMAO

Oh boy!  That is a good one.

LOL
Reply/Quote
I can't figure out the point of this internet posting other than to tell people to shut up on a message board.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Losing Williams is a drag but there are other ways to improve the OL and one of the biggest to me is Price coming into his own at C. We havent had anyone with his upside since Rich Braham. He missed a lot of training and time last year and was on a team under coaches on their way out with injuries and inexperience all around him. I expect big improvements from him this year, and that alone could turn the OL around. I remember how losing Braham changed everything on our OL back then. Not too mention, and this wont be popular but Hart is still as young as some rookies, and has a ton of upside still. I highly doubt he's topped off and is unable to improve his play at age 23 with his athletic ability. That doesnt even make sense really. Turner may get way more out of him. Also, Miller, Jerry and Jordan all look to be potential upgrades at either G positions over last season. Plenty of reasons to have hope.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 02:00 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Losing Williams is a drag but there are other ways to improve the OL and one of the biggest to me is Price coming into his own at C. We havent had anyone with his upside since Rich Braham. He missed a lot of training and time last year and was on a team under coaches on their way out with injuries and inexperience all around him. I expect big improvements from him this year, and that alone could turn the OL around. I remember how losing Braham changed everything on our OL back then. Not too mention, and this wont be popular but Hart is still as young as some rookies, and has a ton of upside still. I highly doubt he's topped off and is unable to improve his play at age 23 with his athletic ability. That doesnt even make sense really. Turner may get way more out of him. Also, Miller, Jerry and Jordan all look to be potential upgrades at either G positions over last season. Plenty of reasons to have hope.

Sadly, it seems that many have already written Billy Price off as a bust, because he didn't make the NFL All-Pro team as a rookie.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 10:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just because an average fan wouldn’t know who a team’s LT is doesn’t mean it’s not extremely important position. Honestly it’s probably the most important after QB.

A bad LT can absolutely SINK a season. We’ve seen it first hand...

As can a bad RT with the increase in elite pass rushers at LDE.
As can a bad IOL with the increase in elite pass rushers at DT.
Basically, teams figured out the pass rushing doesn't have to come from just one side and now all the other positions on the OL are becoming that much more important (and pricey).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hi!

Going to a point upthread, the point here was never to say people should "shut up". It is more about the effect all the crying and cynicism is having on the tone of this forum. It is making it borderline unreadable.

Anyone remember the old Bengals.com forums? They also became unreadable before the site closed them down. Specifically in that case it was a certain group of posters spamming thread after thread with the negativity and moaning.

At least to me Jungle Noise was supposed to be a place for Bengals fans to discuss the team and the upcoming (or completed or in progress) season. And we sometimes are one of the smartest sports forums out there as we actually discuss things like blocking angles, schemes and the other "X and O" elements other forums ignore. Just thinking.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 03:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hi!

Going to a point upthread, the point here was never to say people should "shut up". It is more about the effect all the crying and cynicism is having on the tone of this forum. It is making it borderline unreadable.

Anyone remember the old Bengals.com forums? They also became unreadable before the site closed them down. Specifically in that case it was a certain group of posters spamming thread after thread with the negativity and moaning.

At least to me Jungle Noise was supposed to be a place for Bengals fans to discuss the team and the upcoming (or completed or in progress) season. And we sometimes are one of the smartest sports forums out there as we actually discuss things like blocking angles, schemes and the other "X and O" elements other forums ignore. Just thinking.

You should read your gamethread comments. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 04:33 PM)GenoSackins Wrote: You should read your gamethread comments. 

Just about to make the same point.

I’m getting a little sick of posters telling other posters how they should think, feel or behave.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 03:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hi!

The beauty if the forum decides the value of a thread, the members either promote it by reading it or get it removed by lack of comments and reading of it. I don't read every thread, I read and post and repost in threads I like. Others, I never visit after the original read of the OP in many cases. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 04:39 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Just about to make the same point.

I’m getting a little sick of posters telling other posters how they should think, feel or behave.

I totally agree with you, but....

There is a certain amount of repetitiveness at the moment. I'ma chalk it up to the dog days of the off-season, but it's there. I guess 3 lackluster seasons that follow 5 winning years will do that.

At the end of the day people are allowed to post what they want, and people are free to not read it. Having said all that, I'm done complaining about injuries, and repetition.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think I speak for everyone who has ever shared a gameday thread with the OP:

[Image: pot-kettle-black.jpg?w=455]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 05:31 PM)jason Wrote: I totally agree with you, but....

There is a certain amount of repetitiveness at the moment. I'ma chalk it up to the dog days of the off-season, but it's there. I guess 3 lackluster seasons that follow 5 winning years will do that.

At the end of the day people are allowed to post what they want, and people are free to not read it. Having said all that, I'm done complaining about injuries, and repetition.

You will cease all moaning and bitching immediately. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote