Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your All - Time Favorite Bengal
(05-27-2015, 11:00 PM)hotweales Wrote: Anthony Munoz and Ken Anderson are the all-time greatest Bengals, but my player would have to be Dan Ross.  Man that guy was clutch.

He was great.  RIP
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 12:12 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I was born in 1988, and I don't remember much of his playing days, but Boomer will always be at the top of my list. In fact, my earliest memory is most likely watching a televised shot of Booomer jogging to the sideline when I was... Oh 2 or 3? I distinctly remember how cool the helmets looked, how cool the name "BENGALS" sounded, how cool the name "Boomer" sounded... Right then and there the Bengals became my team. Boomer is the main reason why.

Also, a close second, is Carson Palmer. I had a rough time growing up a Bengals fan in the 90's. Sure, it was fun to see the highlights of Jeff Blake and Corey Dillon on NFL Primetime... but we all know consistent, embarrassing losing is just plain sickening. I became a huge college football fan in 2002, and of course, Carson and the USC Trojans were always on national TV. I  couldn't help but become a fan. I got a huge dose of a legit quarterback that college season, and was ECSTATIC the day the Bengals drafted him. I also remember praying to everything holy that Troy Polomalu fell to us in the second round but... We all know how that turned out  :snark:

Carson was easily one of the best QBs in the NFL early in his career (before the injuries and the organization took their toll). He made me proud to wear the black and orange for the first time in my life. I'll always be thankful to the man for being a major factor in bringing the Bengals out of irrelevance. Of course, I'm not happy with how things ended in Cincinnati. I wish he had stuck it out... but I'll never fault him for leaving.

Had to give you reps and a thought after reading your post Pat.

I cannot remember many things that early in my life but i could see why someone could.

Feel the same way about the 90's and Palmer being our resurrection dude.

Feel the same way about pretty much everything except i was 6 or 7 years Junior as far
as a fan. I became a fan at 7 or 8 when we were in our 2nd SB and my Momma was a
fan of the Niners. Rock on...

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 08:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Jeremy Hill.

There.

I said it.

*drops mic*

*picks mic back up*

Most exciting RB I've ever watched.

Granted, I missed most of Corey Dillon's career (first year watching the Bengals was 2003)

I've been bleeding Black & Orange since 1982 when I watched the Bengals - 49ers Superbowl. I was all of about 5 but I fell in love with their helmets. Boomer Esiason and James Brooks were replaced as my favorite players by the mighty Corey Dillon in the 90's. He was the one player us Bengals fans could hang our hats on in those dark years, and what an incredible player he was. He should have a breast in the Hall of Fame. He's got the stats, and thanks to the Patriots he has the ring he deserves as well.  I love that dude to this day, but I have a feeling he may now be getting replaced by somebody on this current team, and Hill is making a strong case to be that guy. I don't want to take anything away from Gio, because he is an amazing talent that sort of got forgotten in the injury-riddled mess that was last season, but Hill has that same "something" that Dillon also had. The kind of "something" that has Dillon twice on the NFL's Single Game Rushing Yards Leaders List
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
I want to amend my initial answer – Boomer.

He might have been my favorite player, because of the passion he brought to the field, but Bobbie Williams was my favorite personality. His interviews always made me smile. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
David Fulcher
Reply/Quote