Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One injury away from possible disaster
(08-06-2021, 01:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals are still sitting on $19m in cap space, they don't need to release some funds. There's only 5 OL in all of football making more per year than the Bengals currently have available.

The crazy thing is if they had signed Corey Linsley and Joe Thuney and cut Hopkins, Price, and XSF (who you wouldn't need if you signed those two)... they'd only be roughly $900k over the cap. So basically just don't sign Ricardo Allen or Samaje Perine and you're golden.

Just such a wasted FA period.

Just preference. I like Reiff, Hopkins, Ricardo Allen, XSF, Perine better than just Linsley and Thuney.

Reiff gave up less sacks and had less penalties than Thuney last season and is an OT which we desperately needed.

Hopkins is a very good pass protector. But yeah, I would of added another Center and cut Price, dude sucks. Just watched him 
get bulldozed in camp yesterday. I don't know what is wrong with the guy but he has no technique and it looks like even Pollack
cannot coach it into him. I liked what I saw from Trey Hill and even Michael Jordan (for once) in the last vid. Trey Hill anchors 
and not even Shelvin can push him around. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 01:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals are still sitting on $19m in cap space, they don't need to release some funds. There's only 5 OL in all of football making more per year than the Bengals currently have available.

The crazy thing is if they had signed Corey Linsley and Joe Thuney and cut Hopkins, Price, and XSF (who you wouldn't need if you signed those two)... they'd only be roughly $900k over the cap. So basically just don't sign Ricardo Allen or Samaje Perine and you're golden.

Just such a wasted FA period.
Here is the problem with your post, they actually did go after Thuney, you cant just cut players and then think you will get those players. I still wish we would have signed another lineman but they did make offers from what I've read
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just preference. I like Reiff, Hopkins, Ricardo Allen, XSF, Perine better than just Linsley and Thuney.

Reiff gave up less sacks and had less penalties than Thuney last season and is an OT which we desperately needed.

Hopkins is a very good pass protector. But yeah, I would of added another Center and cut Price, dude sucks. Just watched him 
get bulldozed in camp yesterday. I don't know what is wrong with the guy but he has no technique and it looks like even Pollack
cannot coach it into him. I liked what I saw from Trey Hill and even Michael Jordan (for once) in the last vid. Trey Hill anchors 
and not even Shelvin can push him around. 

Not just Linsley and Thuney. Could have still had Reiff, too, and your choice between either Allen or Perine (those two were an either/or, not a both).

I like...

Jonah/Thuney/Linsley/Spain/Reiff

A whole lot more than...

Jonah/Spain/Hopkins/XSF/Reiff  + Price as 2nd/3rd C and Perine as 2nd/3rd RB.

(...I like Sewell/Thuney/Linsley/Jonah/Reiff a whole lot more.   Ninja)

(08-06-2021, 03:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Here is the problem with your post, they actually did go after Thuney, you cant just cut players and then think you will get those players. I still wish we would have signed another lineman but they did make offers from what I've read

Bengals "offers" are not the same as actual offers most of the time.

They made "offers" to Whitworth. It was 1/3rd the amount that the other 3-4 teams offering him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
OT. C. OG.

The starters are mediocre and the reserves between completely unproven to horrific.

Mike Brown sucks. ZT sucks.

After we get rolled to start the year, we could at least get rid of one.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 05:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not just Linsley and Thuney. Could have still had Reiff, too, and your choice between either Allen or Perine (those two were an either/or, not a both).

I like...

Jonah/Thuney/Linsley/Spain/Reiff

A whole lot more than...

Jonah/Spain/Hopkins/XSF/Reiff  + Price as 2nd/3rd C and Perine as 2nd/3rd RB.

(...I like Sewell/Thuney/Linsley/Jonah/Reiff a whole lot more.   Ninja)

You left out Carman who I think will be an outstanding Guard for us.

I understand your preference. I am just not going to cry over it not going exactly the way I wanted.

We will see if we add another depth piece, we definitely should add to the OL. Prince actually looked good when I watched 
him and I was shocked. Lap said so himself in the TC vid yesterday. Dude is 6'7" with like a 7'6" wingspan and if he can get 
it together he might be good depth, cannot believe I said that but it is what Lap and I saw in that TC vid.
Reply/Quote