Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open-Minded Liberals at it again
(03-16-2017, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But we didn't get your stance. 

Is it racist to say Black players make better NFL Cornerbacks than White players? 

Yes, but not for the reason Pat stated.

The mere fact that you're openly bringing to attention that blacks dominate, or are better at the CB position makes you a racist...to libs.

You're not supposed to see color.

Except if you're a liberal and it's convenient for you.
At a very young age, around 5 my son was sitting in front of the TV as I was surfing the channels with the remote.
A basketball game was on and I started to watch. A few moments later my son innocently asked "why is everyone black"?

Is he a racist? lol

I answered by telling him the truth....that only the best players get to play on TV, and the best basketball players happen to be black people.
(12-28-2017, 06:14 PM)Vlad Wrote: Actually there are a lot of people like that.. Liberal college students have a propensity to start shit, otherwise they would have stayed away from this speaker.

(12-28-2017, 06:27 PM)Vlad Wrote: No its not the same. It has not been demonstrated or proven that black physicists are better than white physicists.
Its been demonstrated that blacks in general are better than whites at the CB position. 

(12-28-2017, 06:35 PM)Vlad Wrote: Yes, but not for the reason Pat stated.

The mere fact that you're openly bringing to attention that blacks dominate, or are better at the CB position makes you a racist...to libs.

You're not supposed to see color.

Except if you're a liberal and it's convenient for you.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-28-2017, 06:52 PM)Vlad Wrote: At a very young age, around 5 my son was sitting in front of the TV as I was surfing the channels with the remote.
A basketball game was on and I started to watch. A few moments later my son innocently asked "why is everyone black"?

Is he a racist? lol

I answered by telling him the truth....that only the best players get to play on TV, and the best basketball players happen to be black people.

Mellow

All seriousness aside can't it just be the best "athletes"?

The NBA is composed of about 3/4 black players.

The NFL is composed of about 2/3 black players.

MLB is composed of about 6% black players.

Maybe you and your boy should just watch baseball.   Mellow
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-16-2017, 06:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In addition to that, there's also cultural stereotypes for which sports people play.

When I look at the lacrosse, hockey, baseball, tennis, and wrestling teams at my schools, they're very white. My school is about 31% white and 33% black, so it's not like it's just the make up of the school. Those sports tend to be dominated by white players at the professional.

Are white people naturally better at those sports? No, they're just more likely to grow up watching or playing them, so they are more likely to be the athletes in those sports.

Culturally, black Americans are more likely to grow up playing basketball and football, so they're over represented in those sports.

We have more MLB players than NFL players from Latin America and the Caribbean, some black and some latino. Why? Cause baseball is more popular there. 

I hope it's because we recognize the effect poverty has on educational attainment, but the likely answer is just that people, whether knowingly or not, see the physical attributes as positive and intelligence as being too tied with eugenics. 

Blacks are superior athletes period.
The fact that blacks are only 12% of the population, and whites 80% is very telling. Way more white athletes.

Yes baseball is white dominated, yet blacks will dominate when discussing the sports greatest players...
Cant say the same for white basketball players.

Whites  have dominated basketball throughout the European nations, yet every 4 years we  assemble a group of Black American players who have never played together and they'll bring home the Olympic gold. 

Tennis white dominated... yet we have the Williams sisters who are in the discussion when talking about the games greatest players.

Boxing. Are we still searching for the great white hope?

Why were the 70's Steelers so good?
Because half its roster were black players. The first NFL team with that large a number of black players....some like Mel Blount, LC Greenwood, and John Stallworth drafted from small black colleges.
Prior to the 70's a quota system was in place for how many blacks could play on a team.

Credit was given to Chuck Noll for having the insight to recruit from small black colleges, but the credit really goes to this man:
https://newpittsburghcourieronline.com/2014/05/16/just-sayin-black-nfl-players-owe-bill-nunn-jr-big-time/2/

If blacks took an interest in hockey or swimming they'd dominate those sports too.
(12-28-2017, 06:52 PM)Vlad Wrote: At a very young age, around 5 my son was sitting in front of the TV as I was surfing the channels with the remote.

Is he a racist? lol

Couple things:

It is a shame that your son focused on skin color and equally shameful that your answer also focused on skin color.

I do not say the above to suggest you or your son did/do anything wrong, just an observation. 

I assume there was another son of color asking his father why are all the coaches white and his father most likely said because "race". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-28-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Whites  have dominated basketball throughout the European nations, yet every 4 years we  assemble a group of Black American players who have never played together and they'll bring home the Olympic gold. 

I wonder why some nation in Africa where the population is predominantly black has never put together a crack basketball team that can compete internationally with the Americans and Europeans?

Do you think that maybe there could be some other factors involved here?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(12-29-2017, 12:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Couple things:

It is a shame that your son focused on skin color and equally shameful that your answer also focused on skin color.

I do not say
the above to suggest you or your son did/do anything wrong, just an observation. 

I assume there was another son of color asking his father why are all the coaches white and his father most likely said because "race". 

Nothing shameful about a child asking questions about skin color, whether with regard to players or coaches. No different from asking why only women do the balance beam in gymnastics. No different from a kid who on his first trip to a farm asks if all sheep are white. Five year olds are just noticing patterns out there in the world and looking for answers, not bringing their prejudgments to them.

Vlad's answer is in a rather different category. He has a theory of race based achievement which he applies to cases like a black basketball team. "Blacks are superior athletes, period." Perhaps other races are better at other things. Period.

Your hypothetical father also has a theory, but it might not be race based, if he thinks social factors like biased selection make whites more likely to be in coaching positions than blacks. E.g., if owners thought "Whites are superior coaches, period."
(12-29-2017, 12:43 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder why some nation in Africa where the population is predominantly black has never put together a crack basketball team that can compete internationally with the Americans and Europeans?

Because they don't like basketball?

But they are catching up...
What we are witnessing, with both Antetokounmpo and Embiid playing at an elite level, is what it looks like when African athletes show interest in basketball.

https://kulturehub.com/africans-nba-dominating/
(12-29-2017, 12:43 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder why some nation in Africa where the population is predominantly black has never put together a crack basketball team that can compete internationally with the Americans and Europeans?

Soccer makes for a good basis of comparison. If Vlad is right about the superiority of black athletes, one wonders why African teams aren't world cup finalists every year.
(12-28-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Blacks are superior athletes period.
The fact that blacks are only 12% of the population, and whites 80% is very telling. Way more white athletes.

Are there "far more" white athletes? Women are over 50% of the population...are there "far more" women athletes?

There is already an error in your line of thought. Smirk

(12-28-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Yes baseball is white dominated, yet blacks will dominate when discussing the sports greatest players...
Cant say the same for white basketball players.

Sure you can. You just don't want to because it's easier to ignore them.

(12-28-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Whites  have dominated basketball throughout the European nations, yet every 4 years we  assemble a group of Black American players who have never played together and they'll bring home the Olympic gold. 

Can you take your analogy to explain all the years before we let pros play? Also hockey?

(12-28-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Tennis white dominated... yet we have the Williams sisters who are in the discussion when talking about the games greatest players.[/qute]

Here you defeat your own argument. There should be lots and lots of black athletes dominating since they are:

[quote='Vlad' pid='492720' dateline='1514512244']superior athletes period.

In this case you are showing how Pat is correct in the discussion of which sports they have the opportunity to play.

(12-28-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Boxing. Are we still searching for the great white hope?

Same with this.

(12-28-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Why were the 70's Steelers so good?
Because half its roster were black players. The first NFL team with that large a number of black players....some like Mel Blount, LC Greenwood, and John Stallworth drafted from small black colleges.

Ah! I see! You think because they went for the best athletes available from ALL colleges it was "the blacks" that put them over the top? Blacks played in the NFL for a more than a couple decades before the 70's. The Steelers had plenty of black athletes even when they were a bad team. What they did was go to SMALL schools and find talent...not just black schools.

(12-28-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Prior to the 70's a quota system was in place for how many blacks could play on a team.

Uh, yeah there were some racists owners (Marshall in Washington being the most famous) but what you are talking about is a reflection of society as a whole until post WWII. Throughout the 60's those attitudes changed.

And in the early years of the NFL there were still black players...but it was harder when you had to worry if the fans were going to lynch him on the way out of the game if their team happened to lose.

(12-28-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Credit was given to Chuck Noll for having the insight to recruit from small black colleges, but the credit really goes to this man:
https://newpittsburghcourieronline.com/2014/05/16/just-sayin-black-nfl-players-owe-bill-nunn-jr-big-time/2/

If blacks took an interest in hockey or swimming they'd dominate those sports too.

Again, there are plenty of black hockey players. But, again, this goes back to opportunity.

What is the cost of hockey equipment versus basketball? And how many schools have vibrant hockey teams in black areas?
(12-29-2017, 06:07 AM)Dill Wrote: Soccer makes for a good basis of comparison. If Vlad is right about the superiority of black athletes, one wonders why African teams aren't world cup finalists every year.

Because of those damn Mexicans!  Ninja

Actually that reminds me of a true story:

I was on the road doing a sales job and accidentally locked my keys in my car.  I walked back into the customer's store and asked to use the phone to call AAA.  The manager there said they had a guy (a white guy) that could get into any car and he sent him out.

He couldn't get the lock to pop.

So we walked back in and I asked to use the phone again.

Right then a black guy who looks as stereotypical as you can imagine right down to the giant fur coat (it was February in NE PA) said I'll get that for you and he could do it.

As we walked back to the car I was laughing to myself that if I told anyone the story of how the black guy was able to break into my car when the white guy couldn't I'd be called racist even though it was true!  Smirk

But he couldn't get into the car either.

I thanked him for trying and as we walked back to the building he turned to me and said:

"I hate to say it, but if there was a mexican here he'd definitely be able to break in."  Tongue

I laughed the whole way home after AAA eventually got me back in to the car about how prejudice and stereotypes know no boundaries.
(12-29-2017, 12:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Couple things:

I do not say the above to suggest you or your son did/do anything wrong, just an observation. 

"Focused" is a strong word, as if at that age he actually thought that too many blacks was a concern....and what he asked is hardly "shameful".

I regret not remembering his exact age and just pulled 5 out of a hat.
As I ponder it, he was probably 3 or 4, or what ever age it is that you start putting sentences together....or in the case of Bengal fans around 10....had to sneak that in.lol
(12-29-2017, 06:07 AM)Dill Wrote: Soccer makes for a good basis of comparison. If Vlad is right about the superiority of black athletes, one wonders why African teams aren't world cup finalists every year.

I never believed in the whole "nature-vs-nurture" debate. I've always felt it was both. It is true that someone's genetics may provide them with certain advantages or handicaps in certain areas. But that could never be the sum total of why they achieve or fail as there is a plethora of examples of people with with certain handicaps or liabilities achieving and people with advantages failing.

Slavery maybe?

Could the reason that black Americans are superior athletes as opposed to their black African counterparts is because the American black is of a different species than those blacks from African countries?...that the average American black you meet is 24% white and not "pure" black.

Genome-wide ancestry estimates of African Americans show average proportions of 73.2% African, 24.0% European, and 0.8% Native American ancestry .
This partly due because of the effects of slavery in which black women were victims of rape by their white owners.

The second effect as a result of slavery is the breeding of a strong male slave with a strong female. Couple that with my first theory and was this the recipe for creating a race of "super athletes" ?? 
Remember Jimmy The Greek? He was fired for stating that black slaves were bred to produce stronger black slaves, which was true....and in his opinion this is why black athletes are very good.

This all just a theory, I don't know.

The fact remains that black Americans are exceptional in athletics. I don't care about other countries.

Hm, not really. Athletisism isn't the one major factor at soccer. Many great players aren't exactly model athletes (of course they aren't fat and they all are quite the sportsmen, but still). It's mainly a game of skill, being quick alone doesn't help much.

By all means, I always believed blacks are the superior athletes too. Maybe the term "athlete" isn't narrow enough, but the fastest sprinters are and were always black. I don't think that's coincidental.
That Africans can't compete in many sports probably has to do with training facilities and things like that (well, that was obvious).
(12-29-2017, 01:02 PM)Vlad Wrote: Slavery maybe?

Could the reason that black Americans are superior athletes as opposed to their black African counterparts is because the American black is of a different species than those blacks from African countries?...that the average American black you meet is 24% white and not "pure" black.

Nervous

(12-29-2017, 01:02 PM)Vlad Wrote: Genome-wide ancestry estimates of African Americans show average proportions of 73.2% African, 24.0% European, and 0.8% Native American ancestry .
This partly due because of the effects of slavery in which black women were victims of rape by their white owners.

It is virtually impossible to find any race that is 100%.  Period.

My mother is "100%" Italian.  I can trace our ancestors right from Italy for generations...but I am NOT 50% Italian because there are no 100% Italians. Trade routes, wars, etc affect the "true bloodline" of any race.

(12-29-2017, 01:02 PM)Vlad Wrote: The second effect as a result of slavery is the breeding of a strong male slave with a strong female. Couple that with my first theory and was this the recipe for creating a race of "super athletes" ?? 

Mellow

(12-29-2017, 01:02 PM)Vlad Wrote: Remember Jimmy The Greek? He was fired for stating that black slaves were bred to produce stronger black slaves, which was true....and that is why black athletes are very good in his opinion.

(12-29-2017, 01:02 PM)Vlad Wrote: This all just a theory, I don't know.

(12-29-2017, 01:02 PM)Vlad Wrote: The fact remains that black Americans are exceptional in athletics. I don't care about other countries.

You mean SOME black Americans are exceptional athletes.

You mean other things too...but I don't think you want to admit them in public.  Smirk
Did we really bump a 9 month old racist thread?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-29-2017, 01:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Did we really bump a 9 month old racist thread?

I'm following the conversation here and I am not convinced that "racist" is applicable. For one thing, I don't believe that having racial misconceptions or stereotypes always equates to being a racist. I believe it may also sometimes have to do with lack of exposure to or contact with another race (i.e. ignorance of another race).

Genome-wide ancestry estimates of African Americans show average proportions of 73.2% African, 24.0% European, and 0.8% Native American ancestry .

The second effect as a result of slavery is the breeding of a strong male slave with a strong female. Couple that with my first theory and was this the recipe for creating a race of "super athletes" ?? 
Remember Jimmy The Greek? He was fired for stating that black slaves were bred to produce stronger black slaves, which was true....and in his opinion this is why black athletes are very good.

The fact remains that black Americans are exceptional in athletics. I don't care about other countries.

1. How many human species are there?

2. You're confusing theory for hypothesis.

WTF!  Facepalm