Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Opinion: DeSantis 2024?
(04-07-2022, 03:44 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Curious. Would you like to share where you got this information with the rest of the class?

Sure, you may have to go past page one of Google to find where it's hidden...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34100279/

Quote:Be aware of SARS-CoV-2 spike protein: There is more than meets the eye

The COVID-19 pandemic necessitated the rapid production of vaccines aimed at the production of neutralizing antibodies against the COVID-19 spike protein required for the corona virus binding to target cells. The best well-known vaccines have utilized either mRNA or an adenovirus vector to direct human cells to produce the spike protein against which the body produces mostly neutralizing antibodies. However, recent reports have raised some skepticism as to the biologic actions of the spike protein and the types of antibodies produced. One paper reported that certain antibodies in the blood of infected patients appear to change the shape of the spike protein so as to make it more likely to bind to cells, while other papers showed that the spike protein by itself (without being part of the corona virus) can damage endothelial cells and disrupt the blood-brain barrier. These findings may be even more relevant to the pathogenesis of long-COVID syndrome that may affect as many as 50% of those infected with SARS-CoV-2. In COVID-19, a response to oxidative stress is required by increasing anti-oxidant enzymes. In this regard, it is known that polyphenols are natural anti-oxidants with multiple health effects. Hence, there are even more reasons to intervene with the use of anti-oxidant compounds, such as luteolin, in addition to available vaccines and anti-inflammatory drugs to prevent the harmful actions of the spike protein.
They were first selling that the spike protein in the vaccine went away. Now they aren't sure. And I'm not saying for sure that is going to be a problem long term, but if you think they know 100% you're fooling yourself.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 04:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sure, you may have to go past page one of Google to find where it's hidden...

They were first selling that the spike protein in the vaccine went away. Now they aren't sure. And I'm not saying for sure that is going to be a problem long term, but if you think they know 100% you're fooling yourself.

What you posted only talks about the interactions of the spike protein with certain types of cells and not how long the spike protein sticks around. Also does not mention any interaction with DNA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 04:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sure, you may have to go past page one of Google to find where it's hidden...

Nothing in there says the vaccines leave behind a spike protein. Now, the Covid-19 virus leaves a spike protein in the cell; that's how it punctures it and infects it. That's been known since about week 4 of the pandemic.

I think you're reaching for something that isn't there.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 05:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Nothing in there says the vaccines leave behind a spike protein. Now, the Covid-19 virus leaves a spike protein in the cell; that's how it punctures it and infects it. That's been known since about week 4 of the pandemic.

I think you're reaching for something that isn't there.

I'm not a micro-biologist, so I won't attempt to explain it. The only reason I knew about it is because I heard a news story about it and the expert being interviewed was explaining it. I'm not reaching, just relaying. I have no idea what kind of problems it may or may not present. But my point remains, there is still a lot about these vaccines they don't know. Did I take it, yes, it made sense for me. Would I give it to my 5 year old, absolutely not. The risk/reward is totally different.

BTW, Biden inherited 3 vaccines and monoclonal anti-bodies. He has not pushed to have more antibodies produced, and where they used to be available for everyone, they are now rationed. Most people now can't get them. And Pfizer has an anti-viral pill that can be a covid game changer. Again, the Biden administration has not pushed to have this mass produced. They have purchased only 30 million courses, and those won't be available till June. They've only released less than 300,000 courses. Biden is all about mandating someone to take a shot which won't keep you from getting it, but has done next to nothing when it comes to therapeutics to deal with covid when you get it.

Are Pfizer's Covid pills going to highest-risk patients? Inside the U.S. rollout (nbcnews.com)

Quote:Feb. 5, 2022, 4:30 AM EST / Updated Feb. 5, 2022, 8:08 AM EST

[color=var(--article-body--byline--color)]By Benjamin Ryan[/color]
Abby Robinson was gasping for air as she drove herself to a Long Beach, California, emergency room on Jan. 19, terrified that her cystic fibrosis and what she presumed was Covid-19 would prove a fatal combination.
After a nurse flagged her as a high-risk patient and a rapid coronavirus test came back positive, a physician offered the 24-year-old graduate student hope: a prescription for Pfizer’s new antiviral cocktail, Paxlovid.

As sick as she was, the responsibility now fell to Robinson to track down a supply of the medication.
Paxlovid, a five-day oral Covid treatment that can significantly reduce the risk of hospitalization and death, has remained in critically short supply since its Dec. 22 emergency authorization.
When Robinson was given the prescription, California was in the midst of a record-breaking omicron-fueled surge in cases. She was competing against scores of other newly diagnosed people for a share of the federal government’s most recent two-week allotment of just 9,560 courses of the pills. 
Robinson made a flurry of calls to some two dozen local pharmacies before identifying a nearly exhausted Paxlovid supply at an Orange County CVS. The pharmacy would have been 30 minutes away, she said, had she not driven “in the fast lane” to ensure she arrived before the drug vanished.
[Image: 220128-ally-robinson-mn-1111-1844bc.jpg]Long Beach, Calif., resident Abby Robinson, 24, was gasping for air after developing Covid-19 on Jan. 19.Courtesy Abby Robinson
“It was really humbling, for someone who desperately needed this drug, how tricky it was to get it and how my timing had to be so perfect,” she said about her ultimately successful quest to obtain Paxlovid. She’s now feeling much better — thanks, she believes, to Paxlovid — but still not quite herself. 
These critical shortages have hamstrung health care providers as the winter surge caused by the omicron variant has driven a desperate need for treatments to keep people with Covid out of the hospital. The situation has been worsened by states not prioritizing people at the highest risk of severe illness or death — people who are immunocompromised and unvaccinated people with underlying health conditions. 
The sole monoclonal antibody treatment still authorized by the Food and Drug Administration to treat omicron, GlaxoSmithKline and Vir Biotechnology’s sotrovimab, was not available at any hospital near Long Beach, an emergency physician told Robinson.
Timing is critical once someone at high risk of severe Covid is diagnosed. The pills must be started within five days of symptom onset, adding to the anxiety of filling a prescription. 
[/url]Restricting antiviral prescriptions
Robinson’s frantic medical odysseys are emblematic of the extraordinary lengths to which many Americans have been forced to go for this scarce, potentially lifesaving antiviral medication. 
The Biden administration has purchased 20 million Paxlovid courses, half of which Pfizer said it expects to deliver by the end of June and the remainder by Sept. 30. A robust supply of the treatment is not expected until April.
[Image: 220128-paxlovid-mn-1140-d05d3d.jpg]A Pfizer employee checks boxes containing Paxlovid at a distribution facility in Memphis, Tenn.Pfizer via Reuters
Thus far, the federal government has been able to release just 265,000 Paxlovid courses to state health departments, even as the U.S. documented some 20 million Covid cases and 55,000 related deaths in January alone. While cases of omicron are declining nationwide, there are still more than 140,000 hospitalizations, and thousands of people are dying from Covid daily. 
Currently, the federal government apportions the Paxlovid supply to state health departments, which then distribute their share to local pharmacies, health systems and long-term care facilities as they see fit.
“Not unlike the entire Covid response, the federal government has not wanted to put out anything other than guidance,” Richard Freeman, regional chief clinical officer at Loyola Medicine in Chicago, said. “Then it’s up to the states, so you have 50 different versions. I don’t think that’s helpful.”
Little did Robinson know, but California’s health department has not sought to restrict Paxlovid’s availability only to those at the very highest risk of hospitalization and mortality. 
[Image: 1643121391907_now_mnn_covid_antiviral_22...209x15.jpg]

Demand for Covid antiviral pills far outweighs supply
JAN. 25, 202206:38

[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Demand%20for%20Covid%20antiviral%20pills%20far%20outweighs%20supply&via=nbcnews&url=https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/demand-for-covid-antiviral-pills-far-outweighs-supply-131642438002&original_referer=https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/demand-for-covid-antiviral-pills-far-outweighs-supply-131642438002]

According to an NBC News survey of state health departments, only a few — including those in Michigan, Minnesota and New Mexico — have established systems that limit access. Those states direct clinicians to only prescribe Paxlovid to the highest-risk patients. Or the health departments collaborate with pharmacies or health systems to which the state sends Paxlovid to help ensure they adhere to such restrictions.
“Our primary goal, with an eye on equity, is to protect the most vulnerable among us and to prevent the greatest number of severe outcomes,” Dr. Natasha Bagdasarian, chief medical executive of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, said.
In Michigan, the state health department issues and regularly updates a guidance document directing physicians to establish that a Paxlovid candidate is in the upper tiers of Covid risk. And then pharmacists at the Meijer retail chain, which is the state’s primary Paxlovid purveyor, confirm the eligibility documentation before filling the prescription.
Other states — such as Indiana, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Wisconsin — take a more relaxed approach, issuing communiqués to health care providers that only advise, but do not require, that they prescribe the therapy to people who most stand to benefit from it. Providers are typically urged to follow the National Institutes of Health Covid-19 treatment prioritization guidelines.
Some states, including Tennessee, have not sent clinicians any guidance on prioritizing access to the antivirals.

And before somone screams Fox, this is from MSNBC. Imagine if Biden had "Warp Speeded" pills to deal with covid with as much vigor as they put into mandating shots, and with the same vigor the Trump Administration put into getting vaccines out. Pfizers pill reduces hospitalizations by 90%... get that....90%.

Quote:Molnupiravir reduces the rate of hospitalizations in high-risk patients by about 30% and carries some possible side effects, but Paxlovid reduces the rate of hospitalizations by around 90% and is considered safer. In other words, Paxlovid is a bit of an antiviral superstar.

[Image: 211015201454-01-covid-molnupiravir-medium-plus-169.jpg]
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/health/paxlovid-pfizer-antiviral-scarce/index.html
[/url]
[url=https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/06/health/antiviral-pill-covid-tool/index.html]Antiviral pills for Covid-19 -- not a cure, but a great tool

"I actually consider it the biggest advance in the pandemic since the vaccines, and the safety is part of it," Dr. Eric Topol, executive vice president for research at Scripps Research in San Diego, told CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta. "It's very rare to see something with this much efficacy of nearly 90% reduction of hospitalizations and deaths with no safety issue beyond placebo."

If they focused on this instead of being shot nazi's, covid would be in the rear view mirror.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not a micro-biologist, so I won't attempt to explain it. The only reason I knew about it is because I heard a news story about it and the expert being interviewed was explaining it. I'm not reaching, just relaying. I have no idea what kind of problems it may or may not present. But my point remains, there is still a lot about these vaccines they don't know. Did I take it, yes, it made sense for me. Would I give it to my 5 year old, absolutely not. The risk/reward is totally different.

BTW, Biden inherited 3 vaccines and monoclonal anti-bodies. He has not pushed to have more antibodies produced, and where they used to be available for everyone, they are now rationed. Most people now can't get them. And Pfizer has an anti-viral pill that can be a covid game changer. Again, the Biden administration has not pushed to have this mass produced. They have purchased only 30 million courses, and those won't be available till June. They've only released less than 300,000 courses. Biden is all about mandating someone to take a shot which won't keep you from getting it, but has done next to nothing when it comes to therapeutics to deal with covid when you get it.

Are Pfizer's Covid pills going to highest-risk patients? Inside the U.S. rollout (nbcnews.com)

And before somone screams Fox, this is from MSNBC. Imagine if Biden had "Warp Speeded" pills to deal with covid with as much vigor as they put into mandating shots, and with the same vigor the Trump Administration put into getting vaccines out. Pfizers pill reduces hospitalizations by 90%... get that....90%.

If they focused on this instead of being shot nazi's, covid would be in the rear view mirror.

Yes, focusing on how the pills works and if everyone got it we could get past it...while the DJT cult refuses because Biden said you should take it.

And then when half the country refuses to take it on its own merits they start to suggest mandating it travel and work...because it works and people were too stubborn to take it.

You admit you know nothing but what someone said on a story once.  Your source was bad.  And you ignore why mandates were discussed AFTER people wouldn't get the vaccine for the exact same reasons.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not a micro-biologist, so I won't attempt to explain it. The only reason I knew about it is because I heard a news story about it and the expert being interviewed was explaining it. I'm not reaching, just relaying. I have no idea what kind of problems it may or may not present. But my point remains, there is still a lot about these vaccines they don't know. Did I take it, yes, it made sense for me. Would I give it to my 5 year old, absolutely not. The risk/reward is totally different.

What percent do vaccinations reduce hospitalizations by? 

Pretty sure covid would be in the rear view mirror if people stopped trying to play micro-biologist and trusted science. 
Reply/Quote
Has anyone tossed out the idea that this covid pill turns you gay or has a microchip in it ?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 10:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Has anyone tossed out the idea that this covid pill turns you gay or has a microchip in it ?

Give it time.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 11:44 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Give it time.

Most joking aside, I recall there was some sort of pill or something and the response was that if it works it is probably actually just ivermectin run through the big-pharma profit machine. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 11:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Most joking aside, I recall there was some sort of pill or something and the response was that if it works it is probably actually just ivermectin run through the big-pharma profit machine. 

All joking aside, there is no doubt the pfizer pill works. It's just not available. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 09:59 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: What percent do vaccinations reduce hospitalizations by? 

Pretty sure covid would be in the rear view mirror if people stopped trying to play micro-biologist and trusted science. 

About the same percentage without the associated risks. Oh, and here we go again trusting science. Except when it says something you don't like.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 12:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All joking aside, there is no doubt the pfizer pill works. It's just not available. 

Even if something works people can still to argue they won't take it until they know how it will affect them 6 months to forever down the road.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even if something works people can still to argue they won't take it until they know how it will affect them 6 months to forever down the road.

Point being people want this pill and it is not available when it certainly is a life saver. I had the vaccine and still contracted covid. I was lucky in that I did not get that sick, and that may have been to the vaccine or it may have been I had Omicron which doesn't make you that sick, but had I gotten sick this pill and/or the monoclonal antibodies would not have been available. We should have stockpiles, instead we have rations. But the shot nazis can't look past the vaccine.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 12:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Point being people want this pill and it is not available when it certainly is a life saver. I had the vaccine and still contracted covid. I was lucky in that I did not get that sick, and that may have been to the vaccine or it may have been I had Omicron which doesn't make you that sick, but had I gotten sick this pill and/or the monoclonal antibodies would not have been available. We should have stockpiles, instead we have rations. But the shot nazis can't look past the vaccine.

I don't know. I think they developed those pills too fast. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:29 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I don't know. I think they developed those pills too fast. 

And that should be your choice too.
Reply/Quote
There needs to be a mega thread about DeSantis craziness/authoritarinaism, republicans banning books, republicans trying to destroy the education system, their fear of anything that might be true in history, fear of anyone not white and straight, etc.  

Just call it "Florida".

Reply/Quote
Since DeSantis is nearing republican savior status here is a follow up to the math books that were banned.

Some will be surprised to learn that he lied and when asked for proof he just changed the lie and then said everyone else was lying.

Huh.  Maye he should he the gop nominee.  He fits the mold.  

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1548048939487703040.html

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)][/url][/color]
Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)][url=https://threadreaderapp.com/user/JuddLegum]Judd Legum

[Image: Twitter_Logo_Blue.png]
18h  10 tweets  5 min read[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)] Bookmark
 Save as PDF
 My Authors
[/color]
1. @GovRonDeSantis lied about what was in math textbooks submitted to Florida schools.

Now he's rewriting history and taking a victory lap.

Follow along if interested.

@mentions2. In a press release issued on April 15, said VERY SPECIFICALLY, that math textbooks submitted for elementary school students contained "race essentialism" -- in other words, Critical Race Theory.

popular.info/p/ron-desantis…[Image: FXvG7ueVQAA73UX.png]
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43...3x831.jpeg]
Ron DeSantis' math textbook hoaxThe Florida Department of Education issued an alarming press release on April 15: "Florida Rejects Publishers’ Attempts to Indoctrinate Students." The release claimed that publishers of dozens of math…https://popular.info/p/ron-desantis-math-textbook-hoax

@mentions3. DeSantis did not provide any proof for his claim that elementary school students were being targeted with CRT, but it nevertheless generated a slew of credulous headlines:[Image: FXvHKZLUUAM_poh.jpg]
@mentions4. But in May, in response to a public records request, the Florida Department of Education, released the actually reviews of these textbooks.

There were 16 reviews of rejected elementary school textbooks.

EACH REVIEW EXPLICITLY STATED THERE WAS NO CRT

popular.info/p/ron-desantis…[Image: FXvH6-_UcAAS7D9.png]
Ron DeSantis' math textbook hoaxThe Florida Department of Education issued an alarming press release on April 15: "Florida Rejects Publishers’ Attempts to Indoctrinate Students." The release claimed that publishers of dozens of math…https://popular.info/p/ron-desantis-math-textbook-hoax

5. In a Friday speech, however, DeSantis claimed he rejected the elementary school textbooks because they included Social Emotional Learning (SEL).

DeSantis says this basically makes him a hero.

But no mention of CRT.

6. DeSantis is correct that some textbooks included social emotional learning concepts.

What does that look like?

Some math textbooks encouraged students to "listen to our friends and teachers."

This is the content DeSantis heroically removed.[Image: FXvJE4TUUAE3uIw.jpg]

7. But the more important point here is that DeSantis lied about these elementary math textbooks.

There was never any CRT or "race essentialism" in any of them. But he has no shame and continues to use the hoax to score political points.

8. DeSantis is exploiting a weakness in political media. It's very easy just to publish a headline off a press release. DeSantis says there is CRT in elementary math textbooks. That's news.

It's harder to follow up and determine the truth. 

9. If you are interested in accountability journalism that doesn't just report what powerful people and institutions say but also workers to uncover the truth, try out our newsletter, Popular Information.

It's free to sign up.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fpopular.info%2Ftwitter%2Fs...&version=3]
Popular InformationIndependent accountability journalism. Click to read Popular Information, a Substack publication.http://popular.info/subscribe

10. The Florida Department of Education attacked me publicly for reporting the truth about the elementary school math textbooks.

They had promised to send me "evidence" of CRT in any of the elementary math textbooks.

I'm still waiting.[Image: FXvK1CLUYAQSf32.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Totally normal day under DeSantis rule...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article264169541.html

Quote:DeSantis suspends state attorney who opposed prosecuting abortion, sex reassignment crimes BY LAWRENCE MOWER HERALD/TIMES

TALLAHASSEE BUREAU UPDATED AUGUST 04, 2022 11:56 AM 

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announces suspension of Tampa’s state attorney Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said that he was suspending Hillsborough County State Attorney Andrew Warren for not prosecuting certain crimes. 

He made the announcement at a press conference on Aug. 4, 2022. BY WTVT VIA THE FLORIDA CHANNEL TALLAHASSEE Gov. Ron DeSantis said Thursday that he was suspending Hillsborough County State Attorney Andrew Warren for not prosecuting certain crimes. 

At a news conference in front of Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office deputies in Tampa, DeSantis said Warren has “put himself publicly above the law” by signing letters saying he would not enforce laws prohibiting sex reassignment for minors or laws limiting abortion. “Our government is a government of laws, not a government of men,” DeSantis said. 

Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister said police have had long-running frustrations with Warren for not prosecuting particular cases. 

“I continue to work with my law enforcement counterparts who privately are frustrated with the state attorney, who seems intently focused on empathy for criminals and less interested in pursuing justice for crime victims,” Chronister said Thursday. 

Thursday’s press conference included other neighboring sheriffs and police chiefs, including Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco and Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, and Attorney General Ashley Moody. 

“Andrew Warren is a fraud,” former Tampa police Chief Brian Dugan said. “This is a terrible day, that the governor had to come and clean up our mess.”

Warren, a Democrat, has been a frequent critic of DeSantis, including calling the governor’s 2021 “anti-riot” legislation a misguided “solution in search of a problem.”

Warren announced his decision not to prosecute dozens of protesters arrested on charges of unlawful assembly during a Black Lives Matter march on June 2. Chris O'Meara AP 

On Thursday, Warren was set to host a news conference about a “major development” related to the case of Robert DuBoise, who was exonerated in 2020 after serving 37 years in prison for a murder he did not commit. 

Under the state Constitution, a governor can suspend state officials for misfeasance, malfeasance, neglect of duty, drunkenness, incompetence, permanent inability to perform official duties or commission of a felony. 

As Warren’s replacement, DeSantis appointed Hillsborough County Judge Susan Lopez, a former county prosecutor who DeSantis named to the bench last year. DeSantis said he did not speak with Warren about his concerns before suspending him. The governor’s decision was a stunning override of the the 369,129 Hillsborough County voters who cast their ballot for Warren in 2020, which made up 53.4% of the turnout. 

It also had echoes of a 2016 clash between former Gov. Rick Scott and Aramis Ayala, the state’s first Black state attorney, representing Orange and Osceola counties. Ayala stunned many supporters and made national news when, just two months into office, she announced she would not be seeking the death penalty in any cases, including in the case of Markeith Loyd, who was charged with killing police Lt. Debra Clayton and Loyd’s pregnant ex-girlfriend. Scott reassigned that case and 28 others to a neighboring state attorney’s office, but did not suspend her. Ayala is now running for attorney general. 

On Wednesday, DeSantis’ spokesperson, Christina Pushaw, warned on Twitter that there would be a “MAJOR announcement” by the governor Thursday morning. “Prepare for the liberal media meltdown of the year,” she wrote.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article264169541.html#storylink=cpy
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 01:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Totally normal day under DeSantis rule...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article264169541.html

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article264169541.html#storylink=cpy

A deliberately incomplete take on the situation.  This guy was another "progressive" prosecutor who refused to enforce the law as written.  Good on DeSantis for shitcanning him, which is within his purview.  I guarantee you if the voters don't back this they will vote him out in November, democracy in action.
Reply/Quote