I looked really close, but I can't tell
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimus Prime
Fun fact: just got asked to stop taking photographs by the border police. This also got a long stare from the wife. It was the you know better than that stare lol
And if anyone here is looking for an inexpensive flight to Europe look up Turkish airlines. You may have longer layovers but if it's over 7 hours they comp a hotel room for you. Or comp a city tour.
(02-24-2016, 12:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And if anyone here is looking for an inexpensive flight to Europe look up Turkish airlines.   You may have longer layovers but if it's over 7 hours they comp a hotel room for you.   Or comp a city tour.

Yes. Turkish Airlines is very inexpensive.

To answer you other question.

It was about a 10-20 min train ride to our hotel which was close to the Blue Mosque and the Haggia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace.  Cafe Lokum is close by, wonderful place.

The Blue Mosque was a 5 min walk from our hotel.  The bridge in question was about 20-30 mins. from our Hotel.  My wife could tell you the name of our Hotel better than I could.  From there, we were able to go to Uskudar, the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Haggia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and the Bazaar (don't know the official name but it was HUGE) was also close by.

Remember, to say "Hello, How are you?"  You say "Merhaba, Nasa sil?"  if they say Illyum, sans Nasa Sil?"  Just respond with "Illyum".

What they are saying is I am good, and you? and you are saying I am good.

To say Thank You! Just say "Tah shekular Edirrim"  That isn't accurate, but the phonetic on saying Thank you, very much!.

I even hit up Taksim Square, which was a site full of shops.

Fun Fact:  The Blue Mosque was built after the Haggia Sophia, however they intentionally decided to make the dome a few centimeters smaller than the Haggia Sophia out of respect for an institution that taught Christian beliefs.  This is one of the times where Muslims have shown respect for Christianity.
(02-24-2016, 01:02 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Fun Fact:  The Blue Mosque was built after the Haggia Sophia, however they intentionally decided to make the dome a few centimeters smaller than the Haggia Sophia out of respect for an institution that taught Christian beliefs.  This is one of the times where Muslims have shown respect for Christianity.

Your exaggeration really tainted this 'fun fact'. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 04:43 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Your exaggeration really tainted this 'fun fact'. 

So tell me Do you think Muslims show Christianity a lot of respect?
(02-24-2016, 05:02 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: So tell me Do you think Muslims show Christianity a lot of respect?

Yes.  Obviously you're of a different opinion.  Classic regressive outlook. 
(02-24-2016, 05:55 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Yes.  Obviously you're of a different opinion.  Classic regressive outlook. 

Well, I don't know how many you have come across, but my experiences have been a bit different.

Not to mention the beheading thing.

And the killing of infidels.
(02-24-2016, 07:04 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Well, I don't know how many you have come across, but my experiences have been a bit different.

But they don't behead ALL of their prisoners.

In fact they feed some of them and release them.

ISIS is "not that bad".  You have just been brainwashed to believe this.
(02-24-2016, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But they don't behead ALL of their prisoners.

In fact they feed some of them and release them.

ISIS is "not that bad".  You have just been brainwashed to believe this.

You still on about this....

Please show me where I said ISIS was all bad?

Wait, never mind  Your delusion will just somehow make it up. 

Like I said before, I don't think you are an actual lawyer.  I am getting the impression that you just think you are.  The way you make things up in these threads kinda puts into doubt the validity of anything you say.
(02-24-2016, 07:04 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Well, I don't know how many you have come across, but my experiences have been a bit different.

I come across them everyday I'm sure.  I never bring up religion to random ass people I interact with, but thats because I don't give a ****.  Another classic regressive outlook.
(02-24-2016, 07:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I come across them everyday I'm sure.  I never bring up religion to random ass people I interact with, but thats because I don't give a ****.  Another classic regressive outlook.

You might be surprised.  Some Muslims aren't easily identified. 

However, there are the ones that pray, and wear certain clothes.

You do know that I have been to countries were Islam is the only accepted form of religion right?

Sure some places like Turkey and Dubai are more tolerant than others.

Talk about classic.
(02-24-2016, 07:28 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: You might be surprised.  Some Muslims aren't easily identified. 

However, there are the ones that pray, and wear certain clothes.

You do know that I have been to countries were Islam is the only accepted form of religion right?

Sure some places like Turkey and Dubai are more tolerant than others.

Talk about classic.

???  That was the point I just made.  Did you not read it?  I think we need to increase that timer in between your posts, you're going too fast.

No.  I don't know that.  You've been parading around here making a lot of claims about your personal experience, but that doesn't mean shit.  Amazing you've been able to visit all those places without being beheaded isn't it?
(02-24-2016, 07:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: ???  That was the point I just made.  Did you not read it?  I think we need to increase that timer in between your posts, you're going too fast.

No.  I don't know that.  You've been parading around here making a lot of claims about your personal experience, but that doesn't mean shit.  Amazing you've been able to visit all those places without being beheaded isn't it?

Having weapons helps.   ThumbsUp

Hey, You don't have to believe me.

I could post the pictures, but why?  I don't have to prove anything to you.

Just out of curiosity are you like some of the people on this board and have never been farther than Canada and Mexico?

I know that was the point you just made, I was agreeing with you. 

The reason for the You might be surprised is you might not actually be dealing with Muslims.  A person that is Middle Eastern or looks ME, isn't necessarily a Muslim.  Most non ME men, that convert, usually try emulate what they think Muslim men look like, which to me is humorous. 

The period was to separate the 2 thoughts.  Sorry if you didn't understand that.
(02-24-2016, 07:55 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Just out of curiosity are you like some of the people on this board and have never been farther than Canada and Mexico?

Yes.

Are you one of those people who thinks think that everyone who has traveled the world agrees with you?

If so then that proves that you have not traveled to the places you claim.  The people I know who have traveled the world are all aware of things like this.  Why aren't you?
(02-24-2016, 07:55 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Having weapons helps.   ThumbsUp

Hey, You don't have to believe me.

I could post the pictures, but why?  I don't have to prove anything to you.

Just out of curiosity are you like some of the people on this board and have never been farther than Canada and Mexico?

I know that was the point you just made, I was agreeing with you. 

The reason for the You might be surprised is you might not actually be dealing with Muslims.  A person that is Middle Eastern or looks ME, isn't necessarily a Muslim.  Most non ME men, that convert, usually try emulate what they think Muslim men look like, which to me is humorous. 

The period was to separate the 2 thoughts.  Sorry if you didn't understand that.

Didn't ask you to prove anything.  You seem to really want to prove you're worldliness considering the amount you bring it up, but thats you're deal man.

Bet you wish you were able to experience some of those places without that big swinging m16 around your neck for protection.  I've had some incredible times in african / muslim communities around the world, just being my little old white guy self.  Probably helps that I prefer to treat people with respect rather than looking down on everyone you come across like a POS though.  
(02-24-2016, 08:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.

Are you one of those people who thinks think that everyone who has traveled the world agrees with you?

If so then that proves that you have not traveled to the places you claim.  The people I know who have traveled the world are all aware of things like this.  Why aren't you?

I didn't ask you, I asked VD.

I wouldn't say everyone, but yes, I have found those who traveled are less likely to be ignorant.

The travelers you know are probably the "tour guide" kind.

There are 2 types of travelers.  Tourist, they get tour guides and want to see the famous sites and non-tourist, they laugh at the tourist, see the famous sites, but their real goal is to immerse themselves into the culture of the people they are visiting with.  They get to see all the little known places and go where the locals go.  It opens their eyes a lot more than just doing touristy things.

Your 1 friend that you know, if they are a tourist, wouldn't share my views. 

There is another option:

They know that you are too far gone, that they would rather keep the peace with you and let you stay all sheltered in your narrow little world.  So they just agree with you, knowing how obstinate you can be.
(02-24-2016, 08:10 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Didn't ask you to prove anything.  You seem to really want to prove you're worldliness considering the amount you bring it up, but thats you're deal man.

Bet you wish you were able to experience some of those places without that big swinging m16 around your neck for protection.  I've had some incredible times in african / muslim communities around the world, just being my little old white guy self.  Probably helps that I prefer to treat people with respect rather than looking down on everyone you come across like a POS though.  

If your responses on this board are any indication of your true character, then I doubt you don't look down on everyone you come across.

I have found that most people who have been outside of the US are far less likely to be so blinded.

So you have traveled - How was Iraq? or Afghanistan?  I would love to know how you spent time in those countries without the big swinging M16 around your neck.  How did you find the people?  Some are really cool, the food is not to my liking but not bad either.

Now if you have been to Kuwait or Dubai or Turkey, those countries are much safer, and more moderate.  Though there are some places there that I wouldn't want to make a wrong turn.  Uganda was a great place as well, except for the mosquitoes. 

You see, I do like Muslim countries.  I, unlike you, have seen the good and the bad.  I would rather keep them at a distance since even the good seeming ones can be bad.  I remember a Afghan woman who tried to poison a soldier, terrible situation, no one could believe she was capable of such a thing.  Turned out she was only pretending to like the US and was trying to get a job in the DFAC.  She didn't and so she tried to adjust by bringing in food.

But enough about the bad... I am sure your stories of the good will just make that bad one seem trivial.
(02-25-2016, 02:30 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I didn't ask you, I asked VD.

I wouldn't say everyone, but yes, I have found those who traveled are less likely to be ignorant.

The travelers you know are probably the "tour guide" kind.

There are 2 types of travelers.  Tourist, they get tour guides and want to see the famous sites and non-tourist, they laugh at the tourist, see the famous sites, but their real goal is to immerse themselves into the culture of the people they are visiting with.  They get to see all the little known places and go where the locals go.  It opens their eyes a lot more than just doing touristy things.

Your 1 friend that you know, if they are a tourist, wouldn't share my views. 

There is another option:

They know that you are too far gone, that they would rather keep the peace with you and let you stay all sheltered in your narrow little world.  So they just agree with you, knowing how obstinate you can be.

What about people who have traveled all over the world, but don't know me personally.

I can post a lot of links to people who have traveled all around the world and disagree with you.

I could go into explaining how extensively some of my friends have traveled and even worked in other countries, but that would not mean much here.  

Seems like the only point of view you have is as a soldier.  I can see how that might give you a slanted view of everything.  Maybe that is your problem.
(02-25-2016, 02:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What about people who have traveled all over the world, but don't know me personally.

I can post a lot of links to people who have traveled all around the world and disagree with you.

I could go into explaining how extensively some of my friends have traveled and even worked in other countries, but that would not mean much here.  

Seems like the only point of view you have is as a soldier.  I can see how that might give you a slanted view of everything.  Maybe that is your problem.

Don't forget contractor.

What other internet "truths" do you think you will uncover Jimmy?

I freely admitted to being a soldier.  Traveled as a Soldier.

I have also traveled as a contractor.  Have you seen the money contractors make? 

I also had vacation time as a contractor. 

So I traveled to many places as a Contractor.

Security.  If you count my time in the Army I have 16 years of experience.

Allows for many opportunities.

So quit lying about me being unemployed, I am currently at work, right now.  I also have another job that I work.  If another contracting job comes along, then I may move on to them.  Since the pay is over 100K.