I looked really close, but I can't tell
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimus Prime
(02-21-2016, 10:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I had a long response typed out, but in the end this is just more of "I don't know why you're picking on me for helping create a toxic environment on this forum. It's not my fault and others are doing it, too!"

It's no wonder so many people avoid this subforum. I find more civility on r/politics. I have admitted my part in all of this and am working to correct it. Unfortunately, I am only one.

I will say that you are not militant in all this nonsense. And you are Not a crybaby either at least you will engage, if anythjng you try the passive aggressive approach which is fine.
(02-21-2016, 05:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We call gay people gay or homosexual.

[Image: ZhdzQ76.gif]Nuh uh Pat, try and keep up...."homosexual" is now offensive. Do your good works mods.
Ban Pat.

Here's your guide. Study up everyone.

http://www.glaad.org/reference/offensive
(02-21-2016, 11:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I will say that you are not militant in all this nonsense. And you are Not a crybaby either at least you will engage, if anythjng you try the passive aggressive approach which is fine.

I am just tired of people complaining about others making it personal or being disrespectful and then turning around and doing the same thing. It seems to be the prevailing theme in here.
(02-21-2016, 03:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's never ending.  For a while there they complained about transgender,  then it was he and she .... And it just went sideways.     The words have zero to do with any of this its just petty nonsense and some weird childish method to work a CoC violation for me or anyone else who thinks this is all ridiculous.  

Unfortunately you are not here all the time to see this stuff.   Honestly there shouldn't be any reporting here anyway.   This is supposed to be lightly moderated so you guys don't have to deal with this type of stuff.

Damn brother, you pretty much missed the entire point of my post, which is too bad.
(02-22-2016, 01:06 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Damn brother, you pretty much missed the entire point of my post, which is too bad.

No I heard you. And I tried to use the proper words before and was told they even wrong. Then I got some list with stuff like 4 wolf and zhe, cosign, and a bunch of other nonsense. That's why we went with just a random word. There was no insulting nature to any of it .... If anything we sounded dumb. it was the decision to avoid the nonsense.

Yes we need to play well with others but that is a two way street and we have tried repeatedly to meet them halfway.

Anyway. Good night
I have to say, this is not the thread I thought it was going to be.

After reading through it. I have to side with Lucie.

There seems to be a little bit of a click and this group of people seem to be ready to report people for not adhering to their viewpoints on which words are acceptable and which ones aren't.

I say, this is a big boy forum. People will say offensive words and things, the receiver is the only one that can take the words as hostile or not.

Offense can only be taken, not given as they say.

Then we have this group that is so ready with the politicians answer.

"I am not calling you an idiot, but your post is one that an idiot would make."

Seriously? I say, be a man, call me an idiot. I promise you that I won't take offense to it. However they hide behind that phrasing and memes, to continue to push at the person hoping to get them to cross some imaginary line of what is appropriate.

What they seem to hope for is this...

"I am not calling you an idiot, but this is an idiotic post."

Just so the response is:

"Well you're an idiot then."

Then they play MB lawyer and claim that the second person is guilty of a personal attack and name calling, while hiding behind the phrasing of their post.

However, as I have said, this is a PRIVATE MB, the people running this board are under no obligation to run it as I think it should be ran. Anyone who doesn't like the way it is ran has 2 options. Put up with it or walk away.
(02-22-2016, 05:49 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I have to say, this is not the thread I thought it was going to be.

After reading through it. I have to side with Lucie.

There seems to be a little bit of a click and this group of people seem to be ready to report people for not adhering to their viewpoints on which words are acceptable and which ones aren't.

I say, this is a big boy forum. People will say offensive words and things, the receiver is the only one that can take the words as hostile or not.

Offense can only be taken, not given as they say.

Then we have this group that is so ready with the politicians answer.

"I am not calling you an idiot, but your post is one that an idiot would make."

Seriously? I say, be a man, call me an idiot. I promise you that I won't take offense to it. However they hide behind that phrasing and memes, to continue to push at the person hoping to get them to cross some imaginary line of what is appropriate.

What they seem to hope for is this...

"I am not calling you an idiot, but this is an idiotic post."

Just so the response is:

"Well you're an idiot then."

Then they play MB lawyer and claim that the second person is guilty of a personal attack and name calling, while hiding behind the phrasing of their post.

However, as I have said, this is a PRIVATE MB, the people running this board are under no obligation to run it as I think it should be ran. Anyone who doesn't like the way it is ran has 2 options. Put up with it or walk away.

Clique. Ninja

In all seriousness, I agree with you about the round-about insults. It was something I had a habit of doing as well. I know I did it because of laziness. I didn't feel up yo attacking the logic and content in a thorough manner because I knew it would be a wasted effort. Now I just oftentimes ignore such sotuations instead of doling out the insult.
(02-21-2016, 09:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I say they so I am not accused of being personal.    But i will happily post names this one time in response to your post.    By no means am I getting personal and violating CoC since I am responding directly to you.    

They= Pat, Matt, VD, Dino, and anyone else who gets on a soapbox on this 1 issue and gives us 47 words to use and 100 we can't.    Pat is by far the most abusive of this whole nonsense.    I imagine he lived a life of constant wedgies while being dressed up in drag.    

Not all of us have lived a sheltered life where we get upset over a word for a car part or a toy.   I get that it's a soapbox issue for him and some others but really that is a them issue.   Not a me or us issue......  And you know quite well from our private chats that I am reasonable and accommodating almost to a fault.    I take extra time to explain any issues and my view point and then listen to yours and others.      

These guys know how some of us roll here and no one here is attacking anyone personally.   This dehumanizing stuff is a joke....  Because we dehumanize any politician really quick ....  Where is the outrage police when that happens?      This forum is for grey area conversation that's not comfortable.     I would totally agree with you all if I personally attacked anyone here.      If we are getting upset at a car part word then I guess we will stop dehumanizing every policitican in the forum.    I guess saying Michele Obama looks like a defensive tackle is dehumanizing as well?     Heck Scalia was dehumanized in his death thread .....       And let's not get into poor George W Bush.   Dino has dehumanized him over and over to the point he was road hard. And put away wet.      And we could go on....    The response will be that politicians are fair game.    Well really anyone in the national news is fair game.... If you are dumb enough to get yourself in the news then you are fair game.      

Let me be clear .... You and the other mods are fair guys and I appreciate the ability to speak up freely both in private and public.     At least you guys can see actual reason.   And I don't blame you all at all for any responses because I wouldn't like to repeatedly answer their crybaby nonsense either.    

I will always play within the rules but some of this stuff with words that aren't even related is over the top.   Heck Another poster and I decided to use the car part so it was drama free..... I will let them come forward if they choose.    Once again we tried to accommodate and still have some fun with a laugh.   We are all here for a good time aren't we?    

Anyway thank you for the chance to respond freely.    I won't be directing anything personal to anyone else past this lone direct response.

You have completely dismissed / ignored everything.

Frankly it is amazing.

We were all told that certain words would be blocked and explicitly told continuing to use them would get us banned.

99% of the posters said OK and used a word that is accepted on these boards,  You play the martyr and throw insults at everyone who is following the rules as if they are getting away with something you cannot.

I'd care more, but you'll just get yourself banned again and come back in another form probably.  All because you can't stop trying to use terms that belittle a group of people.

And it is NOT your stance toward them (which I believe is mislead) but that you can't post about them without trying to insult the entire group rather than use the one word you can on these boards.

To me that is a sign of your lack of substance when it comes to discussing anything in PnR.  

Good luck and godspeed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-22-2016, 08:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Clique. Ninja

In all seriousness, I agree with you about the round-about insults. It was something I had a habit of doing as well. I know I did it because of laziness. I didn't feel up yo attacking the logic and content in a thorough manner because I knew it would be a wasted effort. Now I just oftentimes ignore such sotuations instead of doling out the insult.

LoL   Hilarious

That was on me.  I knew it was clique and not click, but my last contract job, we had a group of Marines that came from the same unit, and they all got special Red Beard Patches, their leader got a Cobra belt I think, and the reason was because what sound does it make?  Click.

So that was in my head when I was typing.

But yeah, I prefer the good ole "Your stupid" instead of the "your post is stupid".

We usually aren't going to change the mind of the person we are going back and forth with.  Both sides are pretty well dug in.  For me it is about the people that don't post and just read through the threads.  They are the ones that will side either way, but since they are silent, there is no way to say "Winner".
(02-22-2016, 11:48 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: LoL   Hilarious

That was on me.  I knew it was clique and not clique, but my last contract job, we had a group of Marines that came from the same unit, and they all got special Red Beard Patches, their leader got a Cobra belt I think, and the reason was because what sound does it make?  Click.

So that was in my head when I was typing.

It's all good. My typos are numerous, even in that post. Thank you touchscreen keyboards!
(02-22-2016, 12:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's all good. My typos are numerous, even in that post. Thank you touchscreen keyboards!

Saddest part?  I did it again.  I typed clique twice instead of clique then click.  Seriously how dumb can I be at times?
(02-22-2016, 12:54 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Saddest part?  I did it again.  I typed clique twice instead of clique then click.  Seriously how dumb can I be at times?

I do stuff like that all the time. My wife gives me a hard time about it but I just say "hey, you married a numbers guy, not a words guy."
(02-21-2016, 09:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I say they so I am not accused of being personal.    But i will happily post names this one time in response to your post.    By no means am I getting personal and violating CoC since I am responding directly to you.    

They= Pat, Matt, VD, Dino, and anyone else who gets on a soapbox on this 1 issue and gives us 47 words to use and 100 we can't.    Pat is by far the most abusive of this whole nonsense.    I imagine he lived a life of constant wedgies while being dressed up in drag.    

Not all of us have lived a sheltered life where we get upset over a word for a car part or a toy.   I get that it's a soapbox issue for him and some others but really that is a them issue.   Not a me or us issue......  And you know quite well from our private chats that I am reasonable and accommodating almost to a fault.    I take extra time to explain any issues and my view point and then listen to yours and others.      

These guys know how some of us roll here and no one here is attacking anyone personally.   This dehumanizing stuff is a joke....  Because we dehumanize any politician really quick ....  Where is the outrage police when that happens?      This forum is for grey area conversation that's not comfortable.     I would totally agree with you all if I personally attacked anyone here.      If we are getting upset at a car part word then I guess we will stop dehumanizing every policitican in the forum.    I guess saying Michele Obama looks like a defensive tackle is dehumanizing as well?     Heck Scalia was dehumanized in his death thread .....       And let's not get into poor George W Bush.   Dino has dehumanized him over and over to the point he was road hard. And put away wet.      And we could go on....    The response will be that politicians are fair game.    Well really anyone in the national news is fair game.... If you are dumb enough to get yourself in the news then you are fair game.      

Let me be clear .... You and the other mods are fair guys and I appreciate the ability to speak up freely both in private and public.     At least you guys can see actual reason.   And I don't blame you all at all for any responses because I wouldn't like to repeatedly answer their crybaby nonsense either.    

I will always play within the rules but some of this stuff with words that aren't even related is over the top.   Heck Another poster and I decided to use the car part so it was drama free..... I will let them come forward if they choose.    Once again we tried to accommodate and still have some fun with a laugh.   We are all here for a good time aren't we?    

Anyway thank you for the chance to respond freely.    I won't be directing anything personal to anyone else past this lone direct response.

So, am I allowed to respond to you directly now, or are or your minions going to go crying to mods when I speak DIRECTLY to you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-21-2016, 09:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not all of us have lived a sheltered life where we get upset over a word

Actually the people who use slurs and insults are usually the ones who have been "sheltered".  They have never been exposed to proper society where people respect the feelings of others.  They have been sheltered in their own xenophobic little group that needs to use slurs to separate themselves from others that are "different" from them.

(02-22-2016, 05:49 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I say, this is a big boy forum. 

I guess I was just raised differently than you.

I was taught that the way adults spoke with each other was with respect, and that using slurs and insults was the "opposite" of being a "maure" or a "big boy".
(02-22-2016, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the people who use slurs and insults are usually the ones who have been "sheltered".  They have never been exposed to proper society where people respect the feelings of others.  They have been sheltered in their own xenophobic little group that needs to use slurs to separate themselves from others that are "different" from them.

I guess I was just raised differently than you.

I was taught that the way adults spoke with each other was with respect, and that using slurs and insults was the "opposite" of being a "maure" or a "big boy".

Ironic post is Ironic.
(02-21-2016, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a natural instinct of people with self esteem issues.  They have to use these types of terms to make themselves feel powerful because they feel inferior on other levels.  They feel weak when they don't have the ability to use slurs and insults to project their authority.

It is a clear sign of problems when people become so dependent on their power to insult and offend that they cry about losing it.  

When did you become an expert? Where's your studies? How much training have you had or are you basing your opinion off of personal experience?

(02-21-2016, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: While I am sorry that this guy made a big mistake, that in no way makes him an expert in this area.  He has no training or expertise on the issue.  He has done no studies at all.  

(02-21-2016, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This guy is using his own experience to diagnose people who are totally different from him.  It would be like a person who was never depressed claiming that depression does not exist because he never had it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-22-2016, 10:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: You have completely dismissed / ignored everything.

Frankly it is amazing.

We were all told that certain words would be blocked and explicitly told continuing to use them would get us banned.

99% of the posters said OK and used a word that is accepted on these boards,  You play the martyr and throw insults at everyone who is following the rules as if they are getting away with something you cannot.

I'd care more, but you'll just get yourself banned again and come back in another form probably.  All because you can't stop trying to use terms that belittle a group of people.

And it is NOT your stance toward them (which I believe is mislead) but that you can't post about them without trying to insult the entire group rather than use the one word you can on these boards.

To me that is a sign of your lack of substance when it comes to discussing anything in PnR.  

Good luck and godspeed.

Lol get myself banned.

Funny how I am always here as myself.
(02-23-2016, 02:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol get myself banned.    

Funny how I am always here as myself.

Yes...YOUR actions get you banned.  

I'm sure you are yourself...for now.   Smirk
(02-23-2016, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes...YOUR actions get you banned.  

I'm sure you are yourself...for now.   Smirk

Let's see the last 2 times I got the hook was when VD and I were nice to each other and it was misunderstood ..... And for typing a car part.

The phrase ticky tack doesn't even come close to describing either of those situations. So let's pump the brakes on me and banning lol. It's slim pickings to find me doing anything over the line.

I would say let's have a poll. But the last time you guys tried a is Lucie a racist poll that didn't come out too well as the people spoke haha.
(02-23-2016, 03:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Let's see the last 2 times I got the hook was when VD and I were nice to each other and it was misunderstood .....     And for typing a car part.  

The phrase ticky tack doesn't even come close to describing either of those situations.    So let's pump the brakes on me and banning lol.    It's slim pickings to find me doing anything over the line.    

I would say let's have a poll.   But the last time you guys tried a is Lucie a racist poll that didn't come out too well as the people spoke haha.

I have no idea why you were banned.

But I know it happened after we told to stop using anything other than transgender...and you couldn't do it.

I'd call it an involuntary tic but I think you do it on purpose.  You know. To "stir things up".

So it is YOUR behavior.  Stop blaming others.

The mods seem to be more than fair in letting a lot go.  It can't be that hard to use one word rather than create a handful of others just to cry about not being able to use them.