I looked really close, but I can't tell
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimus Prime
(02-21-2016, 02:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Transgender-Girl-Scout-cookie-sales?pid=180229#pid180229

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Transgender-Girl-Scout-cookie-sales?pid=180237#pid180237

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Transgender-Girl-Scout-cookie-sales?pid=180100#pid180100

For a father and a former teacher to dehumanize a child like this, this is beyond pathetic. At this point, it's not even worth interacting with someone of this low moral character.

I'm not dehumanizing anyone . I am responding to various posts on a bengals message board that you have decided to pluck out of context. I used terms that were not on the various offensive lists choosing to use a word that isn't related to take away the emotion from the language so we can discuss the issue without worrying about needing a dictionary.
(02-21-2016, 02:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm not dehumanizing anyone . I am responding to various posts on a bengals message board that you have decided to pluck out of context.     I used terms that were not on the various offensive lists choosing to use a word that isn't related to take away the emotion from the language so we can discuss the issue without worrying about needing a dictionary.

This is an actual question with no other meaning behind it:

If you want to, as you say, "discuss the issue without worrying about needing a dictionary" then why not simply use the word "transgender"?

It is accept, it is allowed on the board, it is understood by all the posters.

Why use "terms that were not on the various offensive lists choosing to use a word that isn't related to take away the emotion from the language" when there is already a word that does that that everyone else uses?

And I'm serious.  Not baiting at all.  Just curious if you can give an honest answer.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-21-2016, 02:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am being civil .  By not using the laundry list of words you claim are offensive.    We used other words to just avoid the whole drama all together yet you constantly complain, report, and just act like a baby.   Not sure why you feel it necessary to excessively spend time complaining over something so trivial.   I should be able to use any nondescript word I choose as long I am not using filtered words.     According to you any word is a bad word when discussing this topic because you can change the definition of the word to fit your need to complain.  

We could use racecar and Of course you would find a problem with that.....    The problem isn't any word That any of us use ...  The problem is you have some weird need to control what little you can and that is done by just blowing up mods with the report post button.      Making their expierence as miserable as your constant pissing and moaning makes ours.    You want to live In a world where you can make any word at any time off limits because of what you perceive as a slight.       The rest of us just like to have a laugh from time to time.

I remember when it used to be considered honorable to stand up for the disadvantaged against people who insulted them.

Now if you do that you are accused of being "controlling", and "miserable".   People have become more and more insecure.  They feel so helpless that they depend more and more on projecting their power through slurs and insults.  They feel like the power to insult is all they have left.  So they are clinging to it with all they have.
(02-21-2016, 02:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is an actual question with no other meaning behind it:

If you want to, as you say, "discuss the issue without worrying about needing a dictionary" then why not simply use the word "transgender"?

It is accept, it is allowed on the board, it is understood by all the posters.

Why use "terms that were not on the various offensive lists choosing to use a word that isn't related to take away the emotion from the language" when there is already a word that does that that everyone else uses?

And I'm serious.  Not baiting at all.  Just curious if you can give an honest answer.

If you guys can take a word that has zero meaning to the topic and give it a negative meaning then there is no need to use the proper word.   Because as you guys have repeatedly shown ....   Words and their definitions do not matter unless it's only the words you think we should all use.     We could start calling them Clouds and you would take the same meaning.

We use words to convey a meaning and since any word can mean anything then we are all set. And you guys are wasting the mods time with reporting.
(02-21-2016, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I remember when it used to be considered honorable to stand up for the disadvantaged against people who insulted them.

Now if you do that you are accused of being "controlling", and "miserable".   People have become more and more insecure.  They feel so helpless that they depend more and more on projecting their power through slurs and insults.  They feel like the power to insult is all they have left.  So they are clinging to it with all they have.

Yeah I can't stand when people get so upset they have to project their power to the report post feature. Talk about little man syndrome. Or sorry little gender neutral person
(02-21-2016, 02:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you guys can take a word that has zero meaning to the topic and give it a negative meaning then there is no need to use the proper word.   Because as you guys have repeatedly shown ....   Words and their definitions do not matter unless it's only the words you think we should all use.     We could start calling them Clouds and you would take the same meaning.

We use words to convey a meaning and since any word can mean anything then we are all set.   And you guys are wasting the mods time with reporting.

That doesn't answer the question.  You want to use a word that has nothing to do with the discussion to take the emotion out of it when there IS A WORD that does that.  

It is as simple as using "transgender" vs making up words.  Really.  Then you can continue your point of views, you can post all the links you want, and you won';t get banned for using words other than the one you are allowed.

It is easy.

And for the record I have never reported anyone for anything.  Once, ten years ago I asked a mod for clarification on something that I thought crossed a line and it turned out it WAS a mod who posted it and he promptly slammed me for taking things out of context.  Also for the record he ended up banned from the old board some time later!  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-21-2016, 02:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I can't stand when people get so upset they have to project their power to the report post feature.     Talk about little man syndrome.    Or sorry little gender neutral person

Oh no.  Did I hurt your wittle feelings?
(02-21-2016, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh no.  Did I hurt your wittle feelings?

You aren't the issue Fred nor are my feelings. I doubt you are wasting your day reporting posts like a little kid.    At least you will man up and post a response.    I do respect you for being that way.
(02-21-2016, 02:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you guys can take a word that has zero meaning to the topic and give it a negative meaning then there is no need to use the proper word.   Because as you guys have repeatedly shown ....   Words and their definitions do not matter unless it's only the words you think we should all use.     We could start calling them Clouds and you would take the same meaning.

We use words to convey a meaning and since any word can mean anything then we are all set.   And you guys are wasting the mods time with reporting.

I try to stay out of this stuff as much as possible, because I want honest, free flowing discussions to be allowed, and it's not the staff's intent to interfere with that. However, there are instances where we feel that filtering a word is best. Everyone is free to agree or disagree with it, and you are free to voice your dislike for the decision.

But, when someone continues to avoid the actual word for the topic they are discussing (transmission for transgender, for example)...it comes off as childish, petulant and purposely seeking conflict. Whether that is your intent or not, it can easily be perceived that way. If you are discussing 'transgender' people/topics...then the easiest, most direct and respectful way to approach it would be to simply use the actual word you're talking about. 

It seems to me that the disagreements about 'wording' is a waste of time when the actual words can be easily used...which eliminates all the side nonsense that tends to derail these threads.
(02-21-2016, 03:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I try to stay out of this stuff as much as possible, because I want honest, free flowing discussions to be allowed, and it's not the staff's intent to interfere with that. However, there are instances where we feel that filtering a word is best. Everyone is free to agree or disagree with it, and you are free to voice your dislike for the decision.

But, when someone continues to avoid the actual word for the topic they are discussing (transmission for transgender, for example)...it comes off as childish, petulant and purposely seeking conflict. Whether that is your intent or not, it can easily be perceived that way. If you are discussing 'transgender' people/topics...then the easiest, most direct and respectful way to approach it would be to simply use the actual word you're talking about. 

It seems to me that the disagreements about 'wording' is a waste of time when the actual words can be easily used...which eliminates all the side nonsense that tends to derail these threads.

It's never ending. For a while there they complained about transgender, then it was he and she .... And it just went sideways. The words have zero to do with any of this its just petty nonsense and some weird childish method to work a CoC violation for me or anyone else who thinks this is all ridiculous.

Unfortunately you are not here all the time to see this stuff. Honestly there shouldn't be any reporting here anyway. This is supposed to be lightly moderated so you guys don't have to deal with this type of stuff.
I explained this in the other thread. When you use a term for an inanimate object or an animal to describe a human being it is often seen as dehumanizing the person/people about whom you are talking. It is disrespectful and juvenile. If we truly want to engage in civil discourse we should strive to avoid such things around here.
We call gay people gay or homosexual. We call white people white or Caucasian. We call black people black or African American. We call Latino people Latino or Hispanic. We don't act like there's nothing else we can call them but "f**r**s", "c*****rs", "c***s", or "b*****s" or any other slur meant to insult them as a whole class of people. (Sorry mods about the slew of censored words, trying to make a point). We certainly don't throw fits when we are told not to say those things. There's no reason to use any word other than Transgender or trans when describing someone as being transgender. You don't have to find other words. You were only told to stop using a known slur. You don't have to insult them at all.

Any mature adult here knows this. In fact, only two people here out of dozens have even tried to use slurs exclusively to refer to whole classes of people.

But I know this will fall on deaf ears. It will continue. I for one do not like seeing people ridicule children. Apparently the only way I can prevent this is by utilizing a function of these boards on my end. So I guess I will be. I just don't understand how someone can sit behind their keyboard and continue to mock a kid. I find it disgusting.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-21-2016, 03:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's never ending.  For a while there they complained about transgender,  then it was he and she .... And it just went sideways.     The words have zero to do with any of this its just petty nonsense and some weird childish method to work a CoC violation for me or anyone else who thinks this is all ridiculous.  

Unfortunately you are not here all the time to see this stuff.   Honestly there shouldn't be any reporting here anyway.   This is supposed to be lightly moderated so you guys don't have to deal with this type of stuff.

who is they? I'm taking you to mean society. Which, if so, is irrelevant here. This isn't a college classroom or someone's office. It's a football message board. One with a coc that tries to be respectful of everyone. And, no, it isn't being used against any member.
(02-21-2016, 07:08 PM)Benton Wrote: who is they? I'm taking you to mean society. Which, if so, is irrelevant here. This isn't a college classroom or someone's office. It's a football message board. One with a coc that tries to be respectful of everyone. And, no, it isn't being used against any member.

I say they so I am not accused of being personal. But i will happily post names this one time in response to your post. By no means am I getting personal and violating CoC since I am responding directly to you.

They= Pat, Matt, VD, Dino, and anyone else who gets on a soapbox on this 1 issue and gives us 47 words to use and 100 we can't. Pat is by far the most abusive of this whole nonsense. I imagine he lived a life of constant wedgies while being dressed up in drag.

Not all of us have lived a sheltered life where we get upset over a word for a car part or a toy. I get that it's a soapbox issue for him and some others but really that is a them issue. Not a me or us issue...... And you know quite well from our private chats that I am reasonable and accommodating almost to a fault. I take extra time to explain any issues and my view point and then listen to yours and others.

These guys know how some of us roll here and no one here is attacking anyone personally. This dehumanizing stuff is a joke.... Because we dehumanize any politician really quick .... Where is the outrage police when that happens? This forum is for grey area conversation that's not comfortable. I would totally agree with you all if I personally attacked anyone here. If we are getting upset at a car part word then I guess we will stop dehumanizing every policitican in the forum. I guess saying Michele Obama looks like a defensive tackle is dehumanizing as well? Heck Scalia was dehumanized in his death thread ..... And let's not get into poor George W Bush. Dino has dehumanized him over and over to the point he was road hard. And put away wet. And we could go on.... The response will be that politicians are fair game. Well really anyone in the national news is fair game.... If you are dumb enough to get yourself in the news then you are fair game.

Let me be clear .... You and the other mods are fair guys and I appreciate the ability to speak up freely both in private and public. At least you guys can see actual reason. And I don't blame you all at all for any responses because I wouldn't like to repeatedly answer their crybaby nonsense either.

I will always play within the rules but some of this stuff with words that aren't even related is over the top. Heck Another poster and I decided to use the car part so it was drama free..... I will let them come forward if they choose. Once again we tried to accommodate and still have some fun with a laugh. We are all here for a good time aren't we?

Anyway thank you for the chance to respond freely. I won't be directing anything personal to anyone else past this lone direct response.
(02-21-2016, 05:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We call gay people gay or homosexual. We call white people white or Caucasian. We call black people black or African American. We call Latino people Latino or Hispanic. We don't act like there's nothing else we can call them but "f**r**s", "c*****rs", "c***s", or "b*****s" or any other slur meant to insult them as a whole class of people. (Sorry mods about the slew of censored words, trying to make a point). We certainly don't throw fits when we are told not to say those things. There's no reason to use any word other than Transgender or trans when describing someone as being transgender. You don't have to find other words. You were only told to stop using a known slur. You don't have to insult them at all.

Any mature adult here knows this. In fact, only two people here out of dozens have even tried to use slurs exclusively to refer to whole classes of people.

But I know this will fall on deaf ears. It will continue. I for one do not like seeing people ridicule children. Apparently the only way I can prevent this is by utilizing a function of these boards on my end. So I guess I will be. I just don't understand how someone can sit behind their keyboard and continue to mock a kid. I find it disgusting.

lol oh please.   At least you openly admit the type of dude you are...  Use it away pat.    No one  respects a coward.    

In my mind If you are in the news you are fair game unless you are an active poster, then I will give them the respect of being a board member.

Nice grand standing btw.
(02-21-2016, 09:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I say they so I am not accused of being personal.    But i will happily post names this one time in response to your post.    By no means am I getting personal and violating CoC since I am responding directly to you.    

They= Pat, Matt, VD, Dino, and anyone else who gets on a soapbox on this 1 issue and gives us 47 words to use and 100 we can't.    Pat is by far the most abusive of this whole nonsense.    I imagine he lived a life of constant wedgies while being dressed up in drag.    

Not all of us have lived a sheltered life where we get upset over a word for a car part or a toy.   I get that it's a soapbox issue for him and some others but really that is a them issue.   Not a me or us issue......  And you know quite well from our private chats that I am reasonable and accommodating almost to a fault.    I take extra time to explain any issues and my view point and then listen to yours and others.      

These guys know how some of us roll here and no one here is attacking anyone personally.   This dehumanizing stuff is a joke....  Because we dehumanize any politician really quick ....  Where is the outrage police when that happens?      This forum is for grey area conversation that's not comfortable.     I would totally agree with you all if I personally attacked anyone here.      If we are getting upset at a car part word then I guess we will stop dehumanizing every policitican in the forum.    I guess saying Michele Obama looks like a defensive tackle is dehumanizing as well?     Heck Scalia was dehumanized in his death thread .....       And let's not get into poor George W Bush.   Dino has dehumanized him over and over to the point he was road hard. And put away wet.      And we could go on....    The response will be that politicians are fair game.    Well really anyone in the national news is fair game.... If you are dumb enough to get yourself in the news then you are fair game.      

Let me be clear .... You and the other mods are fair guys and I appreciate the ability to speak up freely both in private and public.     At least you guys can see actual reason.   And I don't blame you all at all for any responses because I wouldn't like to repeatedly answer their crybaby nonsense either.    

I will always play within the rules but some of this stuff with words that aren't even related is over the top.   Heck Another poster and I decided to use the car part so it was drama free..... I will let them come forward if they choose.    Once again we tried to accommodate and still have some fun with a laugh.   We are all here for a good time aren't we?    

Anyway thank you for the chance to respond freely.    I won't be directing anything personal to anyone else past this lone direct response.

No one has ever complained of using a correct term. As long as we stay on that path, everybody should be good. No accommodation needed.
I had a long response typed out, but in the end this is just more of "I don't know why you're picking on me for helping create a toxic environment on this forum. It's not my fault and others are doing it, too!"

It's no wonder so many people avoid this subforum. I find more civility on r/politics. I have admitted my part in all of this and am working to correct it. Unfortunately, I am only one.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-21-2016, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What are you talking about?  This is a thread about toys.

What are you talking about?  A poll on which bathroom a toy would use?
Shut up troll. lol
Optimus is a tractor-trailer, not a Jetta. Does this answer the question?
(02-21-2016, 09:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I say they so I am not accused of being personal.    But i will happily post names this one time in response to your post.    By no means am I getting personal and violating CoC since I am responding directly to you.    

They= Pat, Matt, VD, Dino, and anyone else who gets on a soapbox on this 1 issue and gives us 47 words to use and 100 we can't.    Pat is by far the most abusive of this whole nonsense.    I imagine he lived a life of constant wedgies while being dressed up in drag.    

Not all of us have lived a sheltered life where we get upset over a word for a car part or a toy.   I get that it's a soapbox issue for him and some others but really that is a them issue.   Not a me or us issue......  And you know quite well from our private chats that I am reasonable and accommodating almost to a fault.    I take extra time to explain any issues and my view point and then listen to yours and others.      

These guys know how some of us roll here and no one here is attacking anyone personally.   This dehumanizing stuff is a joke....  Because we dehumanize any politician really quick ....  Where is the outrage police when that happens?      This forum is for grey area conversation that's not comfortable.     I would totally agree with you all if I personally attacked anyone here.      If we are getting upset at a car part word then I guess we will stop dehumanizing every policitican in the forum.    I guess saying Michele Obama looks like a defensive tackle is dehumanizing as well?     Heck Scalia was dehumanized in his death thread .....       And let's not get into poor George W Bush.   Dino has dehumanized him over and over to the point he was road hard. And put away wet.      And we could go on....    The response will be that politicians are fair game.    Well really anyone in the national news is fair game.... If you are dumb enough to get yourself in the news then you are fair game.      

Let me be clear .... You and the other mods are fair guys and I appreciate the ability to speak up freely both in private and public.     At least you guys can see actual reason.   And I don't blame you all at all for any responses because I wouldn't like to repeatedly answer their crybaby nonsense either.    

I will always play within the rules but some of this stuff with words that aren't even related is over the top.   Heck Another poster and I decided to use the car part so it was drama free..... I will let them come forward if they choose.    Once again we tried to accommodate and still have some fun with a laugh.   We are all here for a good time aren't we?    

Anyway thank you for the chance to respond freely.    I won't be directing anything personal to anyone else past this lone direct response.

Pretty evident considering I posted a picture of a said car part.
LOL