Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange jerseys/Black pants
I apologize to every Bengal fan who couldn't give two s**** about the uniforms but I am an admitted uniform junkie and I was ecstatic to see this combo make a return today.

We haven't worn this combo since we played the Browns in 2005. That's 11 years, folks. This combo is long overdue. I nearly forgot how much I liked it.

How could the previous generation of players hate the orange on black so much? I don't understand it. Granted, the orange on black with orange socks looked horrendous (wore it twice in 2004) but with black socks? Looks damn good. Besides, it's no worse than the creamsicle-looking orange on white.

Does anyone know what made the team finally break these out again? They were extremely against it for 11 years.
Reply/Quote
That is a beast combination! I want to see orange on orange someday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of the orange jerseys, but they look better with the black pants.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
They have never lost wearing that combo and if i'm remembering correctly they won each game impressively. They also do well in the Orange/White combo. Maybe they should think about making it permanent.

With a reversed helmet.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:20 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: How could the previous generation of players hate the orange on black so much? I don't understand it. Granted, the orange on black with orange socks looked horrendous (wore it twice in 2004) but with black socks? Looks damn good. Besides, it's no worse than the creamsicle-looking orange on white.

I believe at the time they said it made them look like "pumpkins."  You have a point about the orange socks with that combo: black looks much nicer.  You're comment about the "creamsicle" uni, however, is pure insanity.  I say insanity, sir!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Heard it on the radio this morning. They were 3-0 in that here combination coming in.

Making them now 4-0
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That is a beast combination!  I want to see orange on orange someday.

i agree all orange would look sick!!

orange jerseys are my fav
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Seems like they have worn orange on orange before ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 08:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I believe at the time they said it made them look like "pumpkins."  You have a point about the orange socks with that combo: black looks much nicer.  You're comment about the "creamsicle" uni, however, is pure insanity.  I say insanity, sir!

Pumpkins, huh? Hmm... I don't see it.

Haha the creamsicle combo isn't hideous, I really like it when we wear it at night (2007 against the New England, 2010 against San Diego and 2013 against Pittsburgh). They really pop in Primetime... I would love to see orange on black next year during a Sunday/Monday night game.

Also, this is the third week in a row we have worn the black pants. I believe is the first time we've ever done that. This is funny because we usually only wear the black pants 4 times throughout the season (twice at home all black, twice on the road with white on black).
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 08:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Seems like they have worn orange on orange before ?

Nope, they've never gone orange on orange. And personally, I hope they never do. I can hear the Cincinnati Parking Cones jokes now (I much prefer contrasting jerseys and pants anyway).

Maybe for next years color rush game?
Reply/Quote
if htey wear orange and orange the creamsicles should be sold for $1. if it's below 32 out they are free
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 08:15 PM)Gohards Wrote: Heard it on the radio this morning. They were 3-0 in that here combination coming in.

Making them now 4-0

Who dey-All dey.

Orange jerseys are cool too.  :andy:

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Anything for a win. However, since Pittsburgh won? We are done.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Anything for a win. However, since Pittsburgh won? We are done.

Mathematically, they aren't.

Both teams (Ravens and Steelers) could lose 3 of the last 4, and whoever won the game between them would finish 8-8.  If Bengals won out, they would finish 8-7-1 and would win the division.

I think there's a better chance of a meteor hitting the earth. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 08:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Seems like they have worn orange on orange before ?

Well done Go Cards!  Nice memory!!

[Image: CINbengalsorange.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 10:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Well done Go Cards!  Nice memory!!

More like, nice photoshop.  Probably should have been our "color rush" though..even though i liked the all white.

The Bengals have never worn orange pants.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 10:54 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: More like, nice photoshop.  Probably should have been our "color rush" though..even though i liked the all white.

The Bengals have never worn orange pants.

This is why you aren't on the Bengals staff as any kind of statistician:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bengals+wear+orange+jerseys+and+orange+pants&rlz=1CAASUD_enUS720US720&tbm=isch&imgil=pRSKYnqb3CyIwM%253A%253B7s_K3n3SlfXNNM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fforum.go-bengals.com%25252Findex.php%25253F%25252Ftopic%25252F73031-bengals-records-in-various-uniform-combinations%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=pRSKYnqb3CyIwM%253A%252C7s_K3n3SlfXNNM%252C_&usg=__zWd6fb5_pTMfbZ5pDg6ZSCYtszY%3D&biw=1366&bih=631&ved=0ahUKEwiz-6Lq-dvQAhUB5yYKHaiaB8wQyjcIKQ&ei=m8lEWPPBHYHOmwGotZ7gDA#imgrc=pRSKYnqb3CyIwM%3A
Reply/Quote
Yeah, they are all fake. Every single one of them.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 11:14 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah, they are all fake. Every single one of them.

It's tough isn't AO??  Admit you're wrong. Man up!!
Reply/Quote
[Image: bengals-andy-dalton-3*750.jpg]

My favorite uniform is the blackout uniform.
Reply/Quote