Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Orlando brown… welcome
(05-09-2023, 11:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sooner and Carolina the same person……. Noted.

Hell I’d rather live in Anderson,SC LOL
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 02:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did they sign Taylor to play LT or was that the media saying that given his contract. This board has said (when talking about Jonah) RT get paid big money too. Maybe Taylor playing RT was always in KC's plans. It was the only position he played in the pros.

I'm not sure they should be questioned at this point. Given their success. Folks may be trying too hard to make them seem inept.

KC talked about moving him to LT when they signed Taylor.  

KC's FO is far from inept, but no FO is infallible, either.  I know that if the Bengals were going into TC with their starting T's graded 58.7 and 58.1 last year, this board would have a complete meltdown.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 02:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did they sign Taylor to play LT or was that the media saying that given his contract. This board has said (when talking about Jonah) RT get paid big money too. Maybe Taylor playing RT was always in KC's plans. It was the only position he played in the pros.

I'm not sure they should be questioned at this point. Given their success. Folks may be trying too hard to make them seem inept.

They literally have one of worst starting LT’s in the league now, and are paying huge money for a mediocre RT. These are facts.

Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good. Unless you think using 1st round picks on guys like Clyde Edwards-Helaire shouldn’t be questioned either.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 02:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good. 

No but it means they have to fail first before you openly judge.... People pointing out bad moves on a Superbowl team, one that has won 2 in the last 4 years, and back to back to back to back AFC Championship games seems a little.... Well let's just say sometimes people want to see you fail so bad they'll claim you failing while you succeeding at the highest level.... Reaching heights you haven't reached.

You have to be careful with those people because they just waiting to see you fail, and have waited long enough to where they can't wait no longer and so they claim you failing when in reality you not.

I'd take the Bengals making these "bad moves" if it means they have KC's resume. Who wouldn't? Hell you and the opinion police won't even let us mention Bengals "bad moves" (losing Bell, Perine) because they have reached back to back Conference Championship games and thus deserve the benefit of the doubt so I ain't here for the hypocrisy.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 12:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: No but it means they have to fail first before you openly judge.... People pointing out bad moves on a Superbowl team, one that has won 2 in the last 4 years, and back to back to back to back AFC Championship games seems a little.... Well let's just say sometimes people want to see you fail so bad they'll claim you failing while you succeeding at the highest level.... Reaching heights you haven't reached.

You have to be careful with those people because they just waiting to see you fail, and have waited long enough to where they can't wait no longer and so they claim you failing when in reality you not.

I'd take the Bengals making these "bad moves" if it means they have KC's resume. Who wouldn't? Hell you and the opinion police won't even let us mention Bengals "bad moves" (losing Bell, Perine) because they have reached back to back Conference Championship games and thus deserve the benefit of the doubt so I ain't here for the hypocrisy.

No idea what you’re going on about here. There’s no “hypocrisy” involved. The Chiefs got MUCH weaker at OT. That’s just a fact. There’s nothing wrong with talking about it potentially becoming an issue for them. I’m sure plenty of their own fans are doing exactly that right now.

This kind of stuff is literally what message boards (especially in the offseason) are for. As for your “opinion police” nonsense? People can criticize whatever they want (you’ve certainly made it your M.O. here over the years), but losing a couple safeties (one of which you replaced with a 1st round pick) and a RB2 is not as concerning to me as starting the two tackles KC will be.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea what you’re going on about here. There’s no “hypocrisy” involved. The Chiefs got MUCH weaker at OT. That’s just a fact. There’s nothing wrong with talking about it potentially becoming an issue for them. I’m sure plenty of their own fans are doing exactly that right now.

This kind of stuff is literally what message boards (especially in the offseason) are for. As for your “opinion police” nonsense? People can criticize whatever they want (you’ve certainly made it your M.O. here over the years), but losing a couple safeties (one of which you replaced with a 1st round pick) and a RB2 is not as concerning to me as starting the two tackles KC will be.

The hypocrisy is from the opinion police constantly telling us the Bengals have earned the benefit of the doubt while not giving the Super Bowl Champs the same...

And everyone knows who the opinion police are around here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 12:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: No but it means they have to fail first before you openly judge.... People pointing out bad moves on a Superbowl team, one that has won 2 in the last 4 years, and back to back to back to back AFC Championship games seems a little.... Well let's just say sometimes people want to see you fail so bad they'll claim you failing while you succeeding at the highest level.... Reaching heights you haven't reached.

(05-10-2023, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea what you’re going on about here. There’s no “hypocrisy” involved. The Chiefs got MUCH weaker at OT. That’s just a fact. There’s nothing wrong with talking about it potentially becoming an issue for them. I’m sure plenty of their own fans are doing exactly that right now.

I get KC gets a certain degree of grace with their resume. But our resume isn’t chopped liver. The scrutiny of their OL situation merits the same discussion as us starting 2 new safeties and our TE room. It’s the off season. But their OT situation is surprising for them.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, it’s tough,” Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes said of losing Brown to the Bengals, per Myles Simmons of Pro Football Talk. “I still talk to Orlando. We had a friendship off the field just as much as on the field. You understand how great of a player he is.

“He makes Cincinnati an even better football team, so that stinks for us, but at the same time, I’m happy for him that he got to a good place where he was able to get a good contract that he deserved and everything like that. We’ll still have that friendship, but he’s a competitor like me, so we’re going to be wanting to be able to brag about who wins that football game.”

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Still very excited for this guy even after all the attempted slander Chiefs fans tried about how he needed RB help to be any good and about how he can’t block.

I guarantee he does better than Juwan Taylor this year.
-Housh
Reply/Quote