Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Orlando brown… welcome
(03-16-2023, 12:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: Someone mentioned that the key for Burrow is knowing where the pressure will come from and that with Brown, it is generally from the outside. This would allow Burrow to move up in the pocket. At the end of last year, you had no idea where it was coming from, other than the entire right side of the line in the KC game.

Correct Jonah was super susceptible to getting pushed back OR hit with an inside spin. The problem with those things is they compress the pocket wheras when you get beat upfield the QB can slide up and out (why teams mush rush scrambling QBs). Burrow is good enough in the pocket that if all pressure was forced wide he could do damage if the inside holds up.
Reply/Quote
I think this represents every Bengal member on this board driving to work this morning after hearing we signed Orlando Brown

[Image: ben-stiller-happy-roadtrip-waleg8w0wa2o14sw.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:30 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think this represents every Bengal member on this board driving to work this morning after hearing we signed Orlando Brown

[Image: ben-stiller-happy-roadtrip-waleg8w0wa2o14sw.gif]

I don't drive a Jeep -  Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:32 PM)Stewy Wrote: I don't drive a Jeep -  Mellow

I know you were in the back seat!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:32 PM)Stewy Wrote: I don't drive a Jeep -  Mellow

but you DO get into gasoline fights, right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal.

Saw this last night but wasn't able to comment until now. Pretty sweet move that I don't think one of us saw coming. Orlando Brown 
might not be the most athletic OT and he can have an attitude, but he is a monster OT and plays with great technique. This shows all 
of us that the FO is serious about protecting Burrow for the future and they know that the trenches are where you win games.

Gives us a lot of questions though, namely where is Jonah going to play or if it is even here. Do we trade him etc.

I have questions about both Carman and Collins as well with this addition, but these are only good questions. Fantastic move. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Big time move to improve the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

I thought I read they offered Brown something like 21 million per year at one point
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:13 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I thought I read they offered Brown something like 21 million per year at one point

They offered him a 6 yr- 139m deal with a 30m signing bonus in July.
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

That is truly epic. PervertClapping  CigarSamRick RollYeah
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Kind of weird in a league that needs lineman thar more teams didn't want Brown. Also, the Chiefs paid his replacement much more.

I don't get it.

Reply/Quote
IDK if it is accurate or not, but spotrac has Brown's cap hit this year at $10.3 mil. $16.4 in 2024. $15.3 in '25. $22 mil in '26.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/orlando-brown-jr-25182/
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kind of weird in a league that needs lineman thar more teams didn't want Brown. Also, the Chiefs paid his replacement much more.

I don't get it.

Im certain the reason we got Brown for much less than what K.C. originally offered is because Brown was mad at K.C. for trying to move him to RT then signing a guy like Jawaan Taylor to a massive contract then K.C. telling everyone Taylor was going to be the new LT when they were negotiating to bring Brown back.  I think Brown was pi$$3d and said Im going to show K.C. so he turned around and signed with the one team that has beat K.C. several times already.  I really think he was angry at the K.C. organization and wanted to stick it to them.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:50 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im certain the reason we got Brown for much less than what K.C. originally offered is because Brown was mad at K.C. for trying to move him to RT then signing a guy like Jawaan Taylor to a massive contract then K.C. telling everyone Taylor was going to be the new LT when they were negotiating to bring Brown back.  I think Brown was pi$$3d and said Im going to show K.C. so he turned around and signed with the one team that has beat K.C. several times already.  I really think he was angry at the K.C. organization and wanted to stick it to them.

Or the market didn’t agree with his 23m/year.

Seems like our gain. Even if he is “only” a top 12 LT, what an upgrade.

Our boy Jonah has struggled the last 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:50 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im certain the reason we got Brown for much less than what K.C. originally offered is because Brown was mad at K.C. for trying to move him to RT then signing a guy like Jawaan Taylor to a massive contract then K.C. telling everyone Taylor was going to be the new LT when they were negotiating to bring Brown back.  I think Brown was pi$$3d and said Im going to show K.C. so he turned around and signed with the one team that has beat K.C. several times already.  I really think he was angry at the K.C. organization and wanted to stick it to them.

Ravens traded him. Steelers were apparently in on him this time, wonder if they where trying to move him to RT as well? And his Dad played for the Ravens and Browns.

Only fitting he comes to win with the Bengals to get all 4 AFC North teams in the family story. Lot of motivation going on it sounds like. And he seems like a good guy to have in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
It just occurred to me that 3/5 of our OL are former Super Bowl champions.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kind of weird in a league that needs lineman thar more teams didn't want Brown. Also, the Chiefs paid his replacement much more.

I don't get it.

But but but....we didn't do anything on day 1..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote