Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlovsky says Burrow is a top 5 QB today
He also said no one in the entire league would pass on Burrow if he became available tomorrow. He said said he would take him over Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes without hesitation.
Reply/Quote
Not bashing Burrow at all, but his numbers are somewhat inflated by the elite trio of WRs he has to work with.
Reply/Quote
Not even Harbough?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not bashing Burrow at all, but his numbers are somewhat inflated by the elite trio of WRs he has to work with.

I think he is top 10 not top 5 but like him their is nobody else I want over him.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not bashing Burrow at all, but his numbers are somewhat inflated by the elite trio of WRs he has to work with.

Mahomes has had Hill and Kelce for his entire career and them being two of the very best at what they do has helped him as well. Normally elite stats by a QB corresponds to elite weapons. That said I probably am looking at him as more of a 5-8 guy right now. Stats aside he has been playing really well in some of the more efficiency and skill metrics.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I think he is top 10 not top 5 but like him their is nobody else I want over him.

This.

Joe still has room to improve.  The only guys I might rank ahead of him are experienced veterans.
Reply/Quote

When you’ve prefaced about 137 posts like that - - one has to wonder if maybe you kinda are…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
When Burrow is in a zone like yesterday he lifts the rest of the team up around him kind of like baseball players not wanting to screw up a perfect game. Or like the 90s Bulls teams with Jordan where they just dont want to let that guy down
Reply/Quote

Do you want him to throw to guys like Stanley Morgan and Irwin all tge time or do you want him to throw to good starting receivers in the nfl?

This is why we drafted Tee and Chase.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When you’ve prefaced about 137 posts like that - - one has to wonder if maybe you kinda are…

I have to when so many people are so hypersensitive to any critical comments about him. 

For example I don't think it is critical of Joe at all to say that he will not win a single game with his "swagger" or "holding players accountable".  If "swagger" won games then Johnny Manziel would be a star in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:09 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Do you want him to throw to guys like Stanley Morgan and Irwin all tge time or do you want him to throw to good starting receivers in the nfl?

This is why we drafted Tee and Chase.

Just because receivers are good that does not mean the QB is bad.  So saying Joe has elite receivers does not mean he is not a good QB.  But I guarantee his numbers are better with Chase, Higgins, and Boyd, than 3 scrub WRs.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just because receivers are good that does not mean the QB is bad.  So saying Joe has elite receivers does not mean he is not a good QB.  But I guarantee his numbers are better with Chase, Higgins, and Boyd, than 3 scrub WRs.

Well no shit. Look at Brady’s numbers his last year in NE, and look at them now.

Reply/Quote
Burrow has certainly moved his way into the top-10, but isn't Orlovsky also known for a lot of bad takes?

I think the whole "no one in the entire league would pass on him right now" is a bit much. Unless he was also talking from a contract standpoint? Because nobody is shoving Patrick Mahomes out for Joe Burrow right now. He's an MVP, SB Champ, All-Pro, and only 1 year older than Burrow. Even if you consider money, Burrow is going to get paid after next year, so you're really only buying yourself 1 cheap year. The Bucs are probably happy with Brady right now too because they are in 100% in SB-or-bust mode and who are you ever going to bet on in the postseason over Brady (now that Eli is retired, lol)? I think the Packers are also in a SB-or-bust mode with Rodgers this year and he might repeat as MVP. Plus I think the Cardinals are very happy with Murray who keeps getting better and the Bills fans would literally riot if they got rid of Allen. McVay seems to have a broner for Stafford.

I will admit I had Burrow ranked decent low coming into this year (I think like 21 or 23?) in a thread about QB Rankings based solely off what he's done in the NFL and not potential. Since then he's certainly shown more in the NFL and he's in the 6-10 range.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Obviously havingg the WR’s we have helps a ton, but how often does Burrow just throw up jump balls like that one to Tee yesterday? Because I see some of the other top young guys like Herbert doing that a handful of times on a weekly basis. Burrow’s strength is based much more off his accuracy and precision.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Mahomes has had Hill and Kelce for his entire career and them being two of the very best at what they do has helped him as well. Normally elite stats by a QB corresponds to elite weapons. That said I probably am looking at him as more of a 5-8 guy right now. Stats aside he has been playing really well in some of the more efficiency and skill metrics.

Exactly.

Name me the guy posting elite stats without great weapons.

Silly take is silly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Obviously havingg the WR’s we have helps a ton, but how often does Burrow just throw  up jump balls like that one to Tee yesterday? Because I see some of the other top young guys like Herbert doing that a handful of times on a weekly basis. Burrow’s strength is based much more off his accuracy and precision.

It sure seemed like the entire first half of the Chargers game was Herbert throwing up jump balls and his receivers making plays to come down with them.
Reply/Quote
I can accept an argument about Allen, but not Mahomes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When you’ve prefaced about 137 posts like that - - one has to wonder if maybe you kinda are…

It's just a contrarian and baseless schtick he has going on.
Reply/Quote
Burrow seems to have that “IT” factor that very few QB’s have. I don’t know what “IT” is exactly, I couldn’t describe it to you if you asked me, I just know it when I see it. Wouldn’t doubt he’s a top 5 QB right now but even if he’s “only” top 10 he still has time to improve, I think he could very well end up one of, if not the top QB in the league someday. He’s only in year two and is going to get better so being a top 10 QB in your second year is pretty dang good. I wouldn’t take any other QB in the NFL over him and I’m sure Bills, Chiefs, Bucs fans etc. wouldn’t take any QB in the NFL over theirs.

I just want to see him win us a playoff game this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have to when so many people are so hypersensitive to any critical comments about him. 

For example I don't think it is critical of Joe at all to say that he will not win a single game with his "swagger" or "holding players accountable".  If "swagger" won games then Johnny Manziel would be a star in the NFL.

You fail to understand what people mean when they talk about swagger or accountability. They are not saying these are the only characteristics about Burrow that contribute to him being a QB. When posters bring this up they are not neglecting his other talents, that he's surrounded by talented players, or other variables. Thus, your Manziel swagger comment is nonsensical. 

It is odd you make these incorrect assumptions about people over and over again.
Reply/Quote