Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Rookie LB's
(09-30-2020, 12:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Young being out indefinitely may help the case, but it's very unlikely in real life Wilson will be defensive rookie of the year.

Agreed. Gonna be hard to get DROY when you only have 8 tackles through 4 games.

The September DROM was Antoine Winfield Jr., who has 25 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 TFL, 2 PDs, 1 FF, and 3 QB hits.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:07 AM)Tony Wrote: This past Draft may have gotten us a core of players for the next 10 years. Logan Wilson should be getting Defensive rookie of the year looks and Gaithers is a beast to. It's hard not to get overly excited about these guys and Pratt our LB's have been bad for so long..

As long as ADG doesn't have to cover anyone, he should be ok.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Pulling this thread up because I had a question.

Is ADG slow out there? In 2 games he has been a target for mismatch and his speed looked lacking compared to my expectation for him. Anyone else see the same?

I've seen 2 occasions where he's been running 5 yards behind the reciever and looks like he's running in quicksand. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that he's plenty fast, when he knows what he's doing.  What I think you are witnessing is him struggling with the learning curve associated with the complexity of the Pro Game.  No offense to the Sun Belt Conference, but he likely never seen passing offenses like in the NFL in college.

Makes sense. There are 2 plays that come to mind where he is well behind and watching him trying to catch up is painful lol
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've seen 2 occasions where he's been running 5 yards behind the reciever and looks like he's running in quicksand. 

Lol didn’t read this before my last post but yes those are the exact two plays I’m talking about. He was lumbering behind there and I was a bit shocked.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've seen 2 occasions where he's been running 5 yards behind the reciever and looks like he's running in quicksand. 

He looked slow on the crosser against the Jags and the double move against Sanders in Philly he was atrocious. However he came back later in the game an had outstanding coverage against Sanders on a 3rd down wheel route in overtime.

Patience is going to be key for these guys. Zero preseason games and no OTAs are going to hurt their development. Also it tends to take LBers a while to get used to the NFL. Plus each guy is only playing 30% of the snaps and there going to need reps. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:07 AM)Tony Wrote: This past Draft may have gotten us a core of players for the next 10 years. Logan Wilson should be getting Defensive rookie of the year looks and Gaithers is a beast to. It's hard not to get overly excited about these guys and Pratt our LB's have been bad for so long..

ADG has gotten beat a bit but overall I have liked his play. Wilson had a good game against the Eagles before he went down.

Hope he is back this week against the Ravens to help stop their run game. Thought I saw Bailey in on a few snaps against the 
Jags and thought he looked alright. Have high hopes for him as well. Pratt will just get better and better. Bynes has had a rough 
go as of late and it might be a good idea to lessen his snaps.

(09-30-2020, 11:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: In coverage they have been good. They have not been good against the run.

Wilson was good against the Eagles run game before he got hurt. Think he has started to improve as the year goes on.

Hoping Geno comes back and it helps to free these guys up so they can make plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ADG has gotten beat a bit but overall I have liked his play. Wilson had a good game against the Eagles before he went down.

Hope he is back this week against the Ravens to help stop their run game. Thought I saw Bailey in on a few snaps against the 
Jags and thought he looked alright. Have high hopes for him as well. Pratt will just get better and better. Bynes has had a rough 
go as of late and it might be a good idea to lessen his snaps.

Wilson was good against the Eagles run game before he got hurt. Think he has started to improve as the year goes on.

Hoping Geno comes back and it helps to free these guys up so they can make plays.

Pratt's speed is what's stood out to me a few times this year. I didn't think he was as fast as he's looked. Now he just needs to get the experience so his decision making shapes up a bit. 

Coverage, overall, has been a pleasant surprise to me and it's nice to have young, fast, athletic LBs. Now they just need the snaps so they hit the right holes at the right times. 

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pratt's speed is what's stood out to me a few times this year. I didn't think he was as fast as he's looked. Now he just needs to get the experience so his decision making shapes up a bit. 

Coverage, overall, has been a pleasant surprise to me and it's nice to have young, fast, athletic LBs. Now they just need the snaps so they hit the right holes at the right times. 

If you watched Pratt in college in the games he is way faster than his forty time suggests and he plays with great effort.

Still is my pick for breakout Defensive player as the year goes on. I really like all the picks made at LB since Taylor and Lou have
got here and think we could grow into a top LB corps down the road if these guys can stay healthy. Lou had a nice game plan 
against the Jags made me like him better, same with Zac and Callahan on Offense.

And yep, these young LB's just need the snaps and they could get real good. Love the way Wilson wraps up when tackling, ADG
is a talented pass rusher/blitzer who has all the athleticism to do it all, he got beat, but gonna happen to rookies. Bailey is also a
talented LB and only fell to the 7th cause of injuries, otherwise he could of been a 3rd round pick just like Pratt and Wilson.
Reply/Quote
LB is our weakest spot on the field.

PFF grades: Bynes 51.2, Pratt 44.0; L. Wilson 44.9, ADG 30.1, Evans 44.0.

Wilson had his best game vs Philly & missed last week with a concussion. When he gets back, he'll be
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: LB is our weakest spot on the field.

Wilson had his best game vs Philly & missed last week with a concussion. When he gets back, he'll be

Didn't expect these guys to just be great right off the bat here, especially the rookies but Pratt has looked better to me then 
Bynes, especially last game where Bynes was missing tackles and had the face mask penalty. I guess this is where I differ with
PFF as usual. We are better then last year at LB and these guys will get much better as the year goes on.

Wilson I thought had a very good game against the Eagles before the concussion.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: LB is our weakest spot on the field.

Come on man, spit it out! "he'll be..." what???!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Come on man, spit it out! "he'll be..." what???!!!

Yeah, was interested in what he was going to say next... Mellow
Reply/Quote
ADG has already played more than I thought he would. He didn't really have designated assignments while at App State. It was said the coaches told him to use his athleticism to make plays on the field. I fully expected him to a defensive project who just played ST this season. I will say that I'm happy the coaches are giving him chances on the field. I feel like we'll see him make a crucial pick this season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: LB is our weakest spot on the field.

Out of curiosity what were the grades for our linebackers last year?
Reply/Quote

(10-06-2020, 07:00 PM)J24 Wrote: He looked slow on the crosser against the Jags and the double move against Sanders in Philly he was atrocious. However he came back later in the game an had outstanding coverage against Sanders on a 3rd down wheel route in overtime.

Any LB will look like he's running in quicksand if they PUT HIM IN COVERAGE ON A WR.

It infuriates me to high hell (and always has) when you put a ******* LB on a WR, just absolutely stupid.

Like when Dunlap is sent out on coverage to cover a WR; why? Why are you purposely creating a matchup that is 100% in their favour?

And this isn't a Lou Anarumo thing; this happens all over the league; sheer idiocy.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember last season when all our opponents would run the ball sideways and get huge yardage?
The improvement this season is that is not a problem anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:35 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Any LB will look like he's running in quicksand if they PUT HIM IN COVERAGE ON A WR.

It infuriates me to high hell (and always has) when you put a ******* LB on a WR, just absolutely stupid.

Like when Dunlap is sent out on coverage to cover a WR; why? Why are you purposely creating a matchup that is 100% in their favour?

And this isn't a Lou Anarumo thing; this happens all over the league; sheer idiocy.

“They’ll never see it coming!” - defensive coordinators
Reply/Quote
I think you will see a big jump in our LBs, when we get Reader some help on that DL
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:35 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Any LB will look like he's running in quicksand if they PUT HIM IN COVERAGE ON A WR.

Like when Dunlap is sent out on coverage to  cover a WR; why? Why are you purposely creating a matchup that is 100% in their favour?

It happens a lot due to zone defenses.  However, ADG claimed to run a 4.5 40(he never officially ran one due to his injury) which is average for a WR so he should not be getting beat that badly.  
Reply/Quote