Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Running Game Against The 31st Rushing Defense Today
Net Yards Rushing 68
Total Rushing Plays 36
Average Gain per Rushing Play 1.9

Simply put.....Pathetic.
Reply/Quote
Oline needs to block upfield not just hold linemen and let the opposing teams linebackers run in and tackle us.
Reply/Quote
I agree, the OL looked like crap today. Whit looked slow, completely missed picking up a corner blitz. Boling just flat out missed some blocks, and failed to sustain many of the ones he did engage. Bodine, still with the penalties... because he's getting beat by another NT.. Zeitler, looked slow off the ball on several plays. Andre Smith, gets shoved directly into J. Hill, causing the fumble that gave the Niners momentum in the 2nd half.

Tough to run, when the guys up front are so out of sync. Seems to happen most every time we play against the odd front.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
oline makes contact and the feet stop
Reply/Quote
They knew we were going to run the ball we should try to mix it up more on first down with the pass.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Sucked ! BAD

Like has been said or linemen had zero drive, they catch block, as soon as they make contact they quit.
Reply/Quote
Our line is overrated, plain and simple.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:31 PM)GodFather Wrote: Net Yards Rushing 68
Total Rushing Plays 36

Simply put.....Pathetic.

I agree it is shit....it has been shit all year!! J. Hill has concrete in his shoes and between his ears, they use Gio incorrectly, and the line gets zero push pretty much just a pass protect line.

This is a real problem going into the remainder of the season and playoffs. Denver's defense will shut them out at home if they try that crap they did today at SF. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:31 PM)GodFather Wrote: Net Yards Rushing 68
Total Rushing Plays 36

Simply put.....Pathetic.

Kind of running out of time for excuses.  We just should be better.
Reply/Quote
Solid at pass protection; inferior in run blocking.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, the OL looked like crap today.  Whit looked slow, completely missed picking up a corner blitz.  Boling just flat out missed some blocks, and failed to sustain many of the ones he did engage.  Bodine, still with the penalties... because he's getting beat by another NT..  Zeitler, looked slow off the ball on several plays.  Andre Smith, gets shoved directly into J. Hill, causing the fumble that gave the Niners momentum in the 2nd half.

Tough to run, when the guys up front are so out of sync.  Seems to happen most every time we play against the odd front.

We win by 10 points, on the road....on the west coast no less, and I've never had a knot in my stomach like this. All who are associated with the OL have some serious making up to do to the rest of the team. Today was an embarrassment. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:28 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Solid at pass protection; inferior in run blocking.

4 sacks, although most of it was on Macaroni holding ball too long..

Still uncharacteristic.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:44 PM)milksheikh Wrote: 4 sacks, although most of it was on Macaroni holding ball too long..

Still uncharacteristic.

I guess that is a credit to the polished play of Andy Dalton.  He's been putting up MVP type numbers, behind that very same OL, all year til now..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:28 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Solid at pass protection; inferior in run blocking.

Pass protection was pretty bad. We rarely passed and yet we were sacked quite a bit.... Hmm Dalton might have been making the OL look better than what it was just like a few people were saying.
Reply/Quote
49ers were embarrassed last week and accused of quitting by Pettine. Needless to say they came out trying to ensure the run didn't hurt them.

We have to get some running going but we are going to have to do that with a lot of formations and manipulation.
Reply/Quote
49ers were clearly selling out on the run, daring us to have McCarron beat them through the air. Our defense won that game for us much more than our offense. Hopefully with another full week Hue won't handcuff our offense as much. It seemed like every 1st down play was a guaranteed run.
Reply/Quote
Could it be that the 9ers will selling out to stop the run? Daring AJ to throw and blitzing when they did. If Andy was in there, the 9ers would have respected the pass and open up the running lanes. Just my two cents
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:05 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Could it be that the 9ers will selling out to stop the run?  Daring AJ to throw and blitzing when they did.  If Andy was in there, the 9ers would have respected the pass and open up the running lanes.  Just my two cents

This. 49ers were gonna try to make AJ McCarron beat them. Fortunately, our defense had a crazy good game today
Reply/Quote

(12-20-2015, 11:44 PM)milksheikh Wrote: 4 sacks, although most of it was on Macaroni holding ball too long..

Still uncharacteristic.

(12-20-2015, 11:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess that is a credit to the polished play of Andy Dalton.  He's been putting up MVP type numbers, behind that very same OL, all year til now..

.....was just getting ready to say.  I guess that puts that assertion to bed....and it was a correct assertion.  Dalton makes them look better and Paul Alexander is indeed a turd.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:05 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Could it be that the 9ers will selling out to stop the run?  Daring AJ to throw and blitzing when they did.  If Andy was in there, the 9ers would have respected the pass and open up the running lanes.  Just my two cents

Well the saddest telling moment was 3rd and 1...no gain..4th and less than one stopped. Our  online couldn't even have enough push to let the running game get a yard? If Andy was in there Hue would have called a QB sneak like he always does this season. Now we know why.
Reply/Quote